VG Tech: FF7R Demo Analysis, PS4 Pro 1200p-1620p, Base 900p-1080p, Near perfect performance

26 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Pro - 1200

I don't get it.

What's so "pro" about it? 

Turdstation :pffft:

I think the priority is to keep the 30fps stable and it's the right decision. It'd be a disaster if pro runs at a higher res than it can manage but drop frames below 30fps.

They've done a really great job with the entire presentation.  UE4 was the right call for this game.  Glad they stuck with it, and hopefully they consider using it in more of their titles.

Absolutely incredible performance on the world's #1 graphics system, the PS4 PRO.

in light of NFactor's disappearance, I'll just preemptively update the leaderboard on his behalf

PS4

1. Uncharted 4 - 10.0
  2. Uncharted: Lost Legacy - 9.0
  3. God of war - 9.0
  4. Bloodborne - 9.0 / BloodBorne:The Old Hunters DLC - 9.0
  5. Death Stranding - 9.0
  6. Spiderman - 9.0
  7. Horizon Zero Dawn - 9.0
  8. The Last Guardian - 9.0
  9. Shadow of the Colossus - 9.0
  10.  Gravity Rush 2 - 9.0
  11. Wipeout Omega Collection - 9.0
  12. Nioh - 9.0
  13. Persona 5 - 9.0
  14. Street Fighter 5 Arcade - 9.0
  15. Journey - 10.0
  16. Soundshapes - 9.0
  17. MLB 18 - 9.0
  18. Dreams -9.0
  19. Final Fantasy 7 RE - 9.0

BonerBox Done

1. Forza Motorsport 5 - 9.0 :D 
  2. Forza Horizon 3 - 9.0 :D 
  3. Titanfall - 9.0 :D 
Edited by Bodycount N
  • Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Absolutely incredible performance on the world's #1 graphics system, the PS4 PRO.

in light of NFactor's disappearance, I'll just preemptively update the leaderboard on his behalf

PS4

1. Uncharted 4 - 10.0
  2. God of war - 9.0
  3. Bloodborne - 9.0 / BloodBorne:The Old Hunters DLC - 9.0
  4. Death Stranding - 9.0
  5. Spiderman - 9.0
  6. Horizon Zero Dawn - 9.0
  7. The Last Guardian - 9.0
  8. Shadow of the Colossus - 9.0
  9.  Gravity Rush 2 - 9.0
  10. Wipeout Omega Collection - 9.0
  11. Nioh - 9.0
  12. Persona 5 - 9.0
  13. Street Fighter 5 Arcade - 9.0
  14. Journey - 10.0
  15. Soundshapes - 9.0
  16. MLB 18 - 9.0
  17. Dreams -9.0
  18. Final Fantasy 7 RE - 9.0

BonerBox Done

1. Forza Motorsport 5 - 9.0 :D 
  2. Forza Horizon 3 - 9.0 :D 
  3. Titanfall - 9.0 :D 

Bodycount Pro. can you stop flipflopping :D  xbox sucks, nintendo sucks, ps sucks, pc sucks, choose one

7 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

didn't forget shit, the first one is multiplat and runs better on Switch at that, for god's sake. :rofl: 

Well in that case FF7R needs to come off that list since it's already confirmed multiplat.  Nioh, Persona, and Journey have to come off same with Street Fighter, Death Stranding and Horizon ZD.

GoW will be coming off that list, Dreams too....

Idiot.

I forgot they were using UE4 for this. Man if it took 5 years for this to come out I can just imagine how much longer it would have been had they built their own engine again. It would have been another 10 year development game like xv

Just now, Remij_ said:

Well in that case FF7R needs to come off that list since it's already confirmed multiplat.  Nioh, Persona, and Journey have to come off same with Street Fighter, Death Stranding and Horizon ZD.

GoW will be coming off that list, Dreams too....

Idiot.

fair points but

THERE WOULD BE NO XBOX LIST IF I DIDN'T INCLUDE PC! :rofls:

1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

fair points but

THERE WOULD BE NO XBOX LIST IF I DIDN'T INCLUDE PC! :rofls:

TLHBFR :bate: 

You too... because that would have been a better point to illustrate :reg: 

20 minutes ago, Delita said:

I forgot they were using UE4 for this. Man if it took 5 years for this to come out I can just imagine how much longer it would have been had they built their own engine again. It would have been another 10 year development game like xv

yeah, im super hyped for the game now. and i hope they can finish it in a few years from now. I won't start playing until every part is released. I'm excited for all the stuff thats happenening later and how they figure out the overworld. 

wutai, the underwater parts, snowboarding B) every town on the overworld 

Edited by kaz
1 hour ago, kaz said:

yeah, im super hyped for the game now. and i hope they can finish it in a few years from now. I won't start playing until every part is released. I'm excited for all the stuff thats happenening later and how they figure out the overworld. 

wutai, the underwater parts, snowboarding B) every town on the overworld 

:down:

I really wish it was a full remake but

Square has an awful track record with releases. I’m just gonna enjoy this for what it is and throw in the towel after. By the time episode 2 comes out years from now I doubt I’ll even care anymore.

1 minute ago, Delita said:

:down:

I really wish it was a full remake but

Square has an awful track record with releases. I’m just gonna enjoy this for what it is and throw in the towel after. By the time episode 2 comes out years from now I doubt I’ll even care anymore.

I think the follow-up episodes will be quicker. FFXIII-2 came out 2 years after the original and FFXIII-3 came out 2 years after that. But yeah it is Square, so who knows? :shrug:

yeah i think it won't take too long. and I mean it's ff7, i surely won't forget about that lol @Delita ?? :drake:  uhh i mean i'd still care even if i'd play it "episodic like"

looks to me the parts will be really fleshed out, like they add a ton of cutscenes and hopefully some good side content as well. But I have no doubt the full package will own hard. 

Edited by kaz