E3 cancelled this year

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every other event cancelled because of coronavirus.... but E3 was cancelled because Geoff Keighley decided not to go  - Lynux    

"Damn... that must mean the Entire industry is in trouble, the development of all those games must not be going well for them to Cancel e3 for a Hoax of a virus" -      Dumbfuck cop and

38 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Poor MS. The year they had a shot. 

You do realize that Microsoft's event can continue on as normal right? They were not in the convention center, they have their own venue in their theater. 

They can basically take over E3 now solo, and A LOT of publishers will be looking for a stage. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You do realize that Microsoft's event can continue on as normal right? They were not in the convention center, they have their own venue in their theater. 

They can basically take over E3 now solo, and A LOT of publishers will be looking for a stage. 

I hope they continue to run with their show and I'll be interested to see if publishers partake or they do their own reveals as those in the industry have suggested.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I hope they continue to run with their show and I'll be interested to see if publishers partake or they do their own reveals as those in the industry have suggested.

I mean GDC was cancelled, PAX was cancelled, E3 is getting canceled. Microsoft is basically the last large stage hope left for publishers trying to announce new games or broadly show off next-generation experiences. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I mean GDC was cancelled, PAX was cancelled, E3 is getting canceled. Microsoft is basically the last large stage hope left for publishers trying to announce new games or broadly show off next-generation experiences. 

There's other stages outside of Microsoft. The big pubs always have their shows and what not, Sony has a stage when they're ready to announce (whenever the fuck that is) and of course Nintendo has their Directs. There's also GamesCom, but I assume it'll have the same fate as these other shows if COVID-19 is still around in August.

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's going to be HILARIOUS when they officially announce that the primary reason it's cancelled was due to COVID19 :mj: 

Of course, they're never going to admit no one gives a shit anymore. :mj: 

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Of course, they're never going to admit no one gives a shit anymore. :mj: 

This year would have went through... if it wasn't for this virus.  Then they would have admitted nobody gives a shit anymore.  You can't do much when all your exhibitors are pulling out because of the virus :drake: 

Idiot :juggle: