Fast & Furious 9, No Time to Die, A Quiet Place 2 delayed, more sure to follow

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/fast-and-furious-9-vin-diesel-coronavirus-1203531860/

‘Fast & Furious 9’ Release Pushed Back a Year Due to Coronavirus

“Fast 9” has pushed back its theatrical release date by a year.

Universal Studios, the company behind the “Fast & Furious” franchise, made the decision because of the impact that the fast-moving coronavirus is having on the global economy and the distribution landscape. Theaters remain closed in Italy, South Korea, and China, where the virus has hit hardest. There’s also a mounting sense that some theaters will close in the U.S. as the outbreak continues to spread. “Fast 9” will now open globally in April 2021 and in the U.S. on April 2.

Several high-profile releases have moved their release date as the rate of infection has increased. “A Quiet Place Part II” has opted not to premiere in March and the James Bond adventure “No Time to Die” moved from April to November. These moves come at a cost. There’s often tens of millions of dollars in lost marketing revenue.

It's just the start.  Many more movies will be delayed as well, I'm sure.  If what they're predicting about the US healthcare system becoming overwhelmed by new cases of the virus just like Italy was.. then within a couple of weeks shit like this will be the least of our problems.

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's just the start.  Many more movies will be delayed as well, I'm sure.  If what they're predicting about the US healthcare system becoming overwhelmed by new cases of the virus just like Italy was.. then within a couple of weeks shit like this will be the least of our problems.

yup. i'm just doing what i need to do. i scrapped all of my plans/trips for the next several months - mainly because i have someone with a compromised immune system that i'm helping take care of. 

They should seriously think about doing video on demand.

But I think the movie theaters will hate that because they really need people to come to the theaters and buy snacks.

Damn, I'd love to go to $5 tuesdays, its not like the theater is crowded, but from this point forward, I don't think I should buy any snacks.

Because if there's anybody that's going to be sneezing and running a fever while handling good, its going to be those high school students behind the concessions counter at the movie theater. I don't trust buying popcorn from them.

I always forget to NOT place my hands on that glass counter-top. Its never been cleaned, ever, in any theater I've been in.

i just got back from the pharmacy and it was a fucking riot in there. Employees literally getting swarmed when stocking hand sanitizer.

this shit is out of control this is in Quebec where we have maybe 9 cases province wide.

About as close to a zombie outbreak as we;ll get. My mom is a nurse and says she's never seen anything like this in her lifetime spent in healthcare.

Be safe out there.

12 minutes ago, kaz said:

fast & furious, that's what the chinese will call their world domination after they wiped out humanity with corona.

in the end, the cornavirus was faster and more furious :trump3:

the theaters will now be a quiet place :faketan: