My Top 50 Games

Just now, Ike said:

Nope, SNES has stood the test of time and is ageless. PS1 games look like shit. Go back and play MGS and try and tell me it isn't dated.

PS1 games look fine lmao...  That's a YOU problem.  And who gives a shit about the visuals in the first place?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Symphony of the Night is the greatest, that soundtrack, that class. 

2. Chrono Trigger   Probably not surprising to some. In fact, you were probably expecting it to be number 1 since it hasn't shown up in the list yet and NGB has already been mentioned.

It's not the visuals for me. Its the mechanics and controls that make it hard for me to go back to games from the PS1 era. Not all of the games suffer from this but there are a lot of them that do. 

Tenchu for example, I love the Tenchu series but I can not play any of the PS1 games today.

• Like 1

I think PS1 visuals are fine as well. Some games are super pixelated in motion but that's ok. FF9 for example looks amazing with the pre-rendered backgrounds and even the character models.

7 minutes ago, Sabo said:

It's not the visuals for me. Its the mechanics and controls that make it hard for me to go back to games from the PS1 era. Not all of the games suffer from this but there are a lot of them that do. 

Tenchu for example, I love the Tenchu series but I can not play any of the PS1 games today.

Yea, that's completely understandable for some games.  I agree certain games like Tenchu would be very tough to play and enjoy.

Most of the games I consider classics for the system don't have this problem at all though, for me anyway.  And we're talking about our favorite systems of all time.. I don't base that purely on my ability to go back and enjoy every single game the same as I did before... there's something to be said about the system for the time and the amount of joy it brought you.

Like I said anyway.. they're close, but PS1 edges it out.

• Like 1