My Top 50 Games

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Symphony of the Night is the greatest, that soundtrack, that class. 

2. Chrono Trigger   Probably not surprising to some. In fact, you were probably expecting it to be number 1 since it hasn't shown up in the list yet and NGB has already been mentioned.

So before I get to Number 1 I'll do an Honorable Mentions kind of deal by mentioning some, not all, but some of the games that got eliminated.

Nioh 2 and Dragon's Dogma. Sorry Nioh 2 but DD won.

Witcher 3 and Nier. Sorry Geralt but 2B won.

Bayonetta and Vanquish. Sorry Bayo.

Diablo 2 and Half Life 2. Sorry Diablo 2.

SimCity and The Sims. Sorry SimCity.

Oh, speaking of Half Life 2 and The Sims 2, I feel like I should mention this when it comes to these two games -I'm not a fan of these games. I acknowledge the things they bring to the table and won't argue against them being great games. They are, they're just not my cup of tea. Because of that though it made it really hard to rank them objectively. I may be under-rating or over-rating them but I really did try to be fair. Wasn't easy but I did try.

Last one.

This is the game that flipped a switch for me.

I always enjoyed playing videogames but this game flipped that switch from:

I enjoy videogames > I LOVE videogames.

This game is the reason I can even make a Top 50 List. This game is the reason I can make a Top 100 list.

A top 200.

A Top 500.

This game is the reason I have played probably a thousand games in my life and is the reason why I will play a thousand more in the future. 

The reason for that is because this is the game that gave birth to a passion for videogames. A passion I will have for my entire life.

And that game is...

1. Super Mario World

I said I was mad at Mario 64 for making me break my own rule...

But if their is one exception to the rule, it's Mario.

Mario IS videogames. He is the undisputed King, no other series comes close. It only seemed fitting that he would start off my list and end it. Mario is the Alpha and Omega.

And sure, I don't hang out with Mario anymore. It's not the series fault, it's not my fault. I just got older and my tastes changed. It sucks but it happens.

But you never forget your first love and SMW was mine. That will never change.

SMW is the reason I wanted to try out all sorts of different games because I wanted to see if they could make me feel the same way about them as I do with SMW.

I'm fortunate enough to say I've found a lot of games that made me feel the same way. A lot of them are on this list, A lot of them are not. But its a feeling I will continue chasing now and in the future because SMW gave me a passion for videogames. A passion that will never fade.

So what can I say about SMW? Nothing. SMW speaks for itself.

Instead I'll just say this- Thank you. 

• Like 2
Just now, Remij_ said:

You literally can't fuck with Mario.  Mario is the king of gaming.  SMW is an awesome choice.

The Super NES was such a fucking beast of a console.. my god. 

Sseriously.

My top 3.

All on SNES.

Well, SF II eventually on the SNES.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Sabo said:

What game were you expecting?

Ninja Gaiden Black initially, but when you removed the possibility I was certain it was some oldschool JRPG. Also yeah, I said it. JRPG is still the term, I mean you are right after all. I can't shake that term off either. :D 

• Haha 1

everyone loves that game, but knowing you it's really surprising. but anyway it's a top games list so every game is valid. In my opinion. :ben:   

• Like 1
On 2020-04-17 at 12:54 PM, Hot Sauce said:

The fucking disrespect on these lists for Super Mario World I swear.

On 2020-04-17 at 4:28 PM, Sabo said:

You think that's a curveball? LOL... I haven't begun to throw my curveballs yet.

:deniro:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL you have no idea how hard I was laughing at the first couple comments.

I thought I wasn't being vague enough but everyone latched on to the "1 game from series" rule much better than expected.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Second best right behind PS1.

Just barely behind.. it's so close :whew: 

Nope, SNES has stood the test of time and is ageless. PS1 games look like shit. Go back and play MGS and try and tell me it isn't dated.