Since everyone else is doing it.. here's my Top 50 games

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6. Super Mario World     Yea.. this was a tough decision.  Between Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World.  Both are absolute masterclass.  When SMB3 released, it was amazing no

3. Chrono Trigger     What would happen if a Dream Team of some of the worlds best developers got together and made an RPG?  One that would defy even the highest of expectations..

9. Super Mario Bros 3     This is pretty much a no brainer.  Anyone who was alive and remotely into video games around the time this released knew just how big of a deal it was.  T

16 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

You guys praise Chrono Trigger yet shit on Blue Dragon when the game was made from the same producers, same DNA yet 100% modernized for then modern consoles (X360).  

... Dude...

Also, just a little aside... FF7 is my fav game of all time, and on PC with 7th Heaven 2.0 making modding trivial...I feel the absolute best way to play the original FF7 now (obviously besides a PS1 with a CRT monitor) is with the upscaled backgrounds and improved field character models and battle backgrounds and avatar images.  This guy has remade almost all the chibi character models to find a nice balance between the chibi style and the battle models.  They're really impressive and he's doing all the characters and NPCs as well.

This makes the game look much nicer on a 55''+ screen.  Comparisons:

co7.png

co8.png

co10.png

co9.png

co3.png

co4.png

co1.png

co2.png

co5.png

co6.png

:glad: :juggle: :glad: 

Thing is.. is that people wont stop either.  When better upsampling methods come out, they'll redo all the backgrounds and videos again. :bow: 

Just now, Sabo said:

You don't use the fan-translation patch? 

Nah, I've never bothered with the fan-translation.  The mistakes in the original are goofy, and that's just always been my FF7.  I embrace it lol.

Though really, I should probably give it a chance.  Is it good?

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nah, I've never bothered with the fan-translation.  The mistakes in the original are goofy, and that's just always been my FF7.  I embrace it lol.

Though really, I should probably give it a chance.  Is it good?

I can't remember the specific name of one of them but it's apparently so close to the original Japanese version that it's considered a perfect English adaptation.

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

I can't remember the specific name of one of them but it's apparently so close to the original Japanese version that it's considered a perfect English adaptation.

Hmm.  I'll have to check it out.  I've honestly never put that much thought into trying other translations.  I don't know if I could deal with Phoenix Down being translated as Phoenix Tail though :ben: 

28 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Also, just a little aside... FF7 is my fav game of all time, and on PC with 7th Heaven 2.0 making modding trivial...I feel the absolute best way to play the original FF7 now (obviously besides a PS1 with a CRT monitor) is with the upscaled backgrounds and improved field character models and battle backgrounds and avatar images.  This guy has remade almost all the chibi character models to find a nice balance between the chibi style and the battle models.  They're really impressive and he's doing all the characters and NPCs as well.

This makes the game look much nicer on a 55''+ screen.  Comparisons:

co10.png

co9.png

:glad: :juggle: :glad: 

Thing is.. is that people wont stop either.  When better upsampling methods come out, they'll redo all the backgrounds and videos again. :bow: 

soulless PosC mods :mj:

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Hmm.  I'll have to check it out.  I've honestly never put that much thought into trying other translations.  I don't know if I could deal with Phoenix Down being translated as Phoenix Tail though :ben: 

The main draw is it really cleans up the more murky parts of the story and makes things more clear.

8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Oh and.....big hermit, no PC game in Top 10. Come back home Remij, consoles await you with open arms :-*

No Xbox games either near the top 10, I’ll remember that the next Remij tries flip flopping to the lemkids.

:ufdup:

3 hours ago, Cell said:

No Xbox games either near the top 10, I’ll remember that the next Remij tries flip flopping to the lemkids.

:ufdup:

LMAO, there's no current gen games from any system anywhere near my Top 10....  There's no way they compete with classics my dude..

But if you look... there's only 2 current gen games on my list... one is FH4.. and the other is Bloodborne. :reg: 

Godly top 10 :bow:

Though tbh Chrono Trigger has fallen off a bit for me. Its an amazingly made game, but lacks complexity for it to be very interesting in 2020 I think. Still no way I could oppose to it being in a top 10, nor it getting 10/10 scores whenever it came out.