The Last Dance - Bulls/Jordan documentary out on Netflix now

It was pretty good. I only saw episode 1 so far though. It’s pretty nuts how much of Massive MJ was when he was still playing that you forget the extent sometimes. I totally didn’t know he played in the 84 olympics before even playing a game in the nba which skyrocketed his worldwide popularity and made him a global superstar before even walking into the league.

Probably the only nba player to come close to his reach since is Kobe.

2 hours ago, Casual said:

Anyone check it out yet? Probably dive into tonight after a nice 420 blunt. Hearing really good things about it, be nice to have some ball content. 

Is the entire thing on Netflix or just the first two episodes? 

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Is the entire thing on Netflix or just the first two episodes? 

First two episodes. 

They come out on netflix the day after they air on ESPN (which is really like 2 hours after i think). 2 episodes each sunday for the next few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

First two episodes. 

They come out on netflix the day after they air on ESPN (which is really like 2 hours after i think). 2 episodes each sunday for the next few weeks. 

oh ok.... I already saw tge first two live last night. 

You know for a second, I had almost forgotten.

Michael Jordan is treated as the greatest player of all time, and the only thing as big as Michael Jordan's stature is the business of people making content about Michael Jordan in which they talk about him all the time.

Those firs two episodes are absolute fucking catnip. People will soak it up immediately.

Even in Episode two where they try to center is on Scottie Pippen, its actually really about Jordan.

ESPN needed this, so badly.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the first four episodes. It's really great. It gave me a completely different view of Pippen. It's funny what I remember and what I don't. I remember small things like Rodman going off to Vegas but I forgot how Reinsdorf and Krause insisted on nuking the team. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

You don't become the best in the world by being a pussy. 

True. Kobe was like that too. He seemed like a great person outside the court but on the court he was vicious. I remember Puke Walton recalling a story how during practice Kobe told him don’t look or talk to him. Or his constant ridicule of teammates Smush Parker and kwame brown. When he scored 81 points, he said he scored 81 because in his words “who the hell was I going to pass the ball to? Smush parker? Kwame brown?” :mj:

It honestly is blowing my mind that they had all his footage and basically sat on it and preserved it. For being from the 90s it honestly looks damn good. You could tell me it was from a few years ago and I’d believe you

1 hour ago, Delita said:

It honestly is blowing my mind that they had all his footage and basically sat on it and preserved it. For being from the 90s it honestly looks damn good. You could tell me it was from a few years ago and I’d believe you

Its obvious that Michael Jordan owns the footage. he basically had his own room right beside the lockerroom where he sits down like a mafia boss, and the camera is allowed to walk into the room. Its Michael's footage.

Which leads to a complain about this documentary. That it can't really be a true documentary because the person compiling this footage wouldn't be able to get it unless Jordan has approval on the content.

And that's probably true. I think Jordan admits to trashing Isiah, but its not like he's hiding that to begin with. He does talk about that "Republicans also buy shoes" mini-controversy, but its not like its a huge deal.

In the first episode where Jordan is talking about knocking on a hotel door as a rookie, and he sees all of his teammates engaging in "all sorts of things".......he was like "I just wanna keep my head down and think about sports". I was like yeaaaah right, that's a decent serving of bullshit.

They going to give a messy, scrambled, bull-shitty answer to him leaving basketball for two years. I bet Michael knows a couple of ex-basketball journalists who can come in and help paint whatever context he wants to explain that one.

On 2020-04-21 at 1:37 AM, Casual said:

First two episodes. 

I don't see anny on netflix. how many episodes are out on ESPN?

13 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

i always feel offended by how mericunts handle their names. I'm Mike, but not Michael. FUCK HIM HE'S MICHAEL NOT MIKE. 

17 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I don't see anny on netflix. how many episodes are out on ESPN?

its on netflix outside of the united states. i think you can still watch it on the espn app.