Does anyone else find themselves ignoring their physical games because it's easier just to boot up a digital one?

I kind if wish I had no physical games on my switch. I guess I'm lazy but it's just much more convenient to switch to a downloaded game than switching game cards. Plus you get more points towards be games if you buy digital :patrice:

Last time my PC had a drive was in 2012; last physical game I bought was for an X360 in 2011. I've been out of the physical copies collection for nearly a decade now. :reg:

20 minutes ago, Saucer said:

I wish physical copies came with digital copies like a lot of Blu-ray movies do, but there's no way I'm going straight digital. Glorified rentals you can't resell. 

Yes. Also if I buy a game for switch and its also I pc give me that version for free too! Lol 

• Confused 1
33 minutes ago, Saucer said:

I wish physical copies came with digital copies like a lot of Blu-ray movies do, but there's no way I'm going straight digital. Glorified rentals you can't resell. 

Wouldn't people just immediately sell the physical copy of the game? :|

1 minute ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

I'm sure they could figure something out. 

The only thing I could think of is someone needing the physical disc to authenticate the digital version of the game which would basically negate the "advantage" of the digital release. 

19 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Wouldn't people just immediately sell the physical copy of the game? :|

Physical and digital copies are paired. Physical copy authenticates the digital copy on a given console. If the physical copy is played on different console, the digital is deactivated and can only be reactivated if you have the paired physical copy to re-authenticate. :|

Edited by Saucer
12 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Physical and digital copies are paired. Physical copy authenticates the digital copy on a given console. If the physical copy is played on different console, the digital is deactivated and can only be reactivated if you have the paired physical copy to re-authenticate. :|

Wouldn't this require there to be a specific fingerprint for each individual physical copy of the game? Like when you get a combo movie, they just give you a serial code for the digital copy of the movie. It's not  like like the physical copy is paired directly to the disc. This also means that the physical copy of a game could potentially become worthless then. You're introducing more problems than solving here. 

1 minute ago, Liquid said:

Wouldn't this require there to be a specific fingerprint for each individual physical copy of the game? Like when you get a combo movie, they just give you a serial code for the digital copy of the movie. It's not  like like the physical copy is paired directly to the disc. This also means that the physical copy of a game could potentially become worthless then. You're introducing more problems than solving here. 

It would. Why would the physical copy become worthless? Only the digital copy would need to be authenticated.