Ign - 3 years later Joycon drift is a broken , disastrous embarrassment

"With three years of experience using the hardware to look back on, a second iteration in the Switch Lite, and the unfortunate reality that COVID-19 has temporarily closed Nintendo’s repair centers and dried up all available retail stock, I’m now confident calling the Joy-Con’s continued faults what they truly are: an unmitigated disaster."

sheep will defend this  :mickey: 

• Haha 1

i didn't get a lite cause a million people were complaining about it. I think I will just get a regular switch later, I need to upgrade my pc first for godpunk 2077 :blessed: 

I was gonna buy a switch lite until I found of the drift was , as IGN claims, on the same level as RROD LMAO TSHBR 

no wonder these guys hide behind playstation all day REEF

My nephew, who I had bought a Switch for the year before... just had this happen about 1 month ago.  My sister-in-law calls me up and says the Switch controllers aren't working properly.. and she puts my nephew on to explain to me what's happening in the game... and he just sounded so depressed because we're all in lockdown and he can't play Minecraft with his friends because the fucking controller is drifting.

I told my sister-in-law that it was a known issue and they can send them in for a free replacement.. so that was fine... except he couldn't play his games....  so I drove 45min to their place and gave him my Joycons and PRO controller to use until they get them replaced, since I'm not really using my Switch currently.

Felt bad for the little guy and just got pissed off at Nintendo that after so long nothing has been done about this.  It sucks that they aren't, or can't easily fix the issue and instead are just replacing them.. that's a lot of down time and buying multiples are fucking expensive...

Nintendo deserves criticism for how they've handled this whole thing imo. 

54 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

My nephew, who I had bought a Switch for the year before... just had this happen about 1 month ago.  My sister-in-law calls me up and says the Switch controllers aren't working properly.. and she puts my nephew on to explain to me what's happening in the game... and he just sounded so depressed because we're all in lockdown and he can't play Minecraft with his friends because the fucking controller is drifting.

I told my sister-in-law that it was a known issue and they can send them in for a free replacement.. so that was fine... except he couldn't play his games....  so I drove 45min to their place and gave him my Joycons and PRO controller to use until they get them replaced, since I'm not really using my Switch currently.

Felt bad for the little guy and just got pissed off at Nintendo that after so long nothing has been done about this.  It sucks that they aren't, or can't easily fix the issue and instead are just replacing them.. that's a lot of down time and buying multiples are fucking expensive...

Nintendo deserves criticism for how they've handled this whole thing imo. 

good guy Remipee :face: 

Nintendo, ruining childhoods since the Wii :dame: 

14 minutes ago, bhytre said:

good guy Remipee :face: 

Nintendo, ruining childhoods since the Wii :dame: 

Yeah.. I wasn't gonna let him go without.  I would have went and bought him new ones if I had to, but I really didn't want to because they're just going to break as well anyway :happysad: 

I just don't get it though.. they know these things fail quickly... it's not even like a couple years or 3 years later.. which would be understandable.  But like 6-8 months later and they're both drifting hard..  They know kids are going to abuse them hard too.  And they fucking KNOW parents will buy their kids new controllers to use in the meantime even if they do send the broken ones in for repair... lmao like as if we're going to listen to our kids constantly crying because they can't play their games with their friends... especially during a fucking lockdown :D 

Well played Nintendo :ahmad:

If they fixed it it wouldn't have been a huge deal . But they didn't.  They knew it was an issue and still released the Ditch lite . They know sheep are retarded and took advantage of them being ...sheep. 

Tbh you really don't see sheep talking about it.  Its funny how all the sheep here never had if happen .

Animal crossing has record sales . That's more important to the sheel than fixing the bullshit controllers .

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

If they fixed it it wouldn't have been a huge deal . But they didn't.  They knew it was an issue and still released the Ditch lite . They know sheep are retarded and took advantage of them being ...sheep. 

Tbh you really don't see sheep talking about it.  Its funny how all the sheep here never had if happen .

Animal crossing has record sales . That's more important to the sheel than fixing the bullshit controllers .

Yep.  It basically tells me that they either can't fix it, or simply don't want to.

I would NEVER EVER recommend someone buy the Switch Lite.  You know 100% you're going to have problems with that shit..   $100 for 2 fucking Joycon's that break within a year smh 

and most countries don't even offer a free repair . And with Ditch lite your games might be fucked . 

I thought the Ditch lite was pretty cool but they shipped it out as a disposable toy.

If it was 100 bucks I wouldn't care to much if it only lasted a year . But 200 for something that is guaranteed to break quickly is TRASH 

Nintonto is fucking cheap . They can fuck off 

11 hours ago, bhytre said:

"With three years of experience using the hardware to look back on, a second iteration in the Switch Lite, and the unfortunate reality that COVID-19 has temporarily closed Nintendo’s repair centers and dried up all available retail stock, I’m now confident calling the Joy-Con’s continued faults what they truly are: an unmitigated disaster."

sheep will defend this  :mickey: 

TSHBFR :tom:

I'm part of the lucky few with a launch switch with no drift issues and no dpad issues on my pro controller. I do have friends who are experiencing the wonderful joycon drift though :ben:

Lmao didn't MS get sued recently for stick drifting? And I personally encountered this problem even on the Vita as well. Seems like a common problem especially on handhelds. Nintendo have to handle this better, that's for sure.

4 hours ago, Alphonse said:

I'm part of the lucky few with a launch switch with no drift issues and no dpad issues on my pro controller. I do have friends who are experiencing the wonderful joycon drift though :ben:

that's what makes me angry, i mean isn't ninty more than capable to make working pads anymore? they are just greedy like that and it's the only reason why i didn't get a lite. 

I think the og switch with that extra controller is the only way to be on the safe side. It's sad.