Spiderman - I expected a brain-dead AAA game

This is actually really we done with lots of depth, options, and a far greater skill cap than Batman even with a fairly similar combat system. It's engaging and challenging, and even if you beat an encounter you think how you could have done it in a much more stylish manner.

I'm actually impressed. But I really have the soundtrack, it sounds like it could literally be part of any generic AAA game.

• Like 1

It's the best use of an open-world I've played. Also, web slinging across NYC is one of the best experiences ever in game. I rarely ever used fast travel because it was so fun. Can't wait for the sequel. :love:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ike said:

It's the best use of an open-world I've played. Also, web slinging across NYC is one of the best experiences ever in game. I rarely ever used fast travel because it was so fun. Can't wait for the sequel. :love:

this! traversal was excellent and the combat owned. i also had fun with the story and boss fights. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

this! traversal was excellent and the combat owned. i also had fun with the story and boss fights. 

The story was excellent and a great use of the established IP. Also, the Spider-Man character is one of the best iterations of the character in any medium. The whole reveal was just so good even if you knew it was coming. The emotions they were able to convey with facial animations was just amazing. I'm a huge Spidey fan so I'm a little biased, but this was probably by favorite game on PS4.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ike said:

The story was excellent and a great use of the established IP. Also, the Spider-Man character is one of the best iterations of the character in any medium. The whole reveal was just so good even if you knew it was coming. The emotions they were able to convey with facial animations was just amazing. I'm a huge Spidey fan so I'm a little biased, but this was probably by favorite game on PS4.

it's one of my favorites too. a true gem. 

• Like 1

I liked it but I also think its a bit overrated and I'm a huge Spider-Man fan. I played all the games from last gen (Shattered Dimensions, Web of Shadows, the 2099/Amazing crossover game- Echoes of Time or something like that?).

This game really is just Arkham City featuring Spider-Man, which isn't a bad thing since I like the Arkham series (yes, even Origins), but it does have a strong feeling of familiarity which held the game back from being its own thing since I was constantly able to notice the similarities in design.

Still a good game but I wouldn't say its one of the best games from this gen. I don't think it'd make it on my Top 10 Games of this Gen list.

34 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

This is actually really we done with lots of depth, options, and a far greater skill cap than Batman even with a fairly similar combat system. It's engaging and challenging, and even if you beat an encounter you think how you could have done it in a much more stylish manner.

I'm actually impressed. But I really have the soundtrack, it sounds like it could literally be part of any generic AAA game.

This is actually really weeeeeeeeeeee done 

sums up my expectation of a kiddy game like spoodyman as a grown up. trash. :mj: 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Shit.

Is it that good?

If it is anything like Infamous, I am in.