So when you see the average age of people dying from COVID is higher than the average life span..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

granny wants me to visit and i told her no. 

Through 5g you can

Grandma would have wanted to die by drowning in fluids in her own lung so we could go to ben and jerrys

9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

It is literally spread through interaction. Logically, the first response should be to limit interaction. 

Ok. But for how long?  What if a vaccine never comes? What do we do?

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Until infections decrease consistently. It’s not that complicated man. 

Yes but if it's spread by contact how can resolve this? If social distancing is stopping it wouldn't that have to remain indefinitely ? 

38 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Younger.. As in less than 87?  What I'm saying is I think we over reacted in hindsight. I wish governments would have the same reaction to cancer. All that money being spent on creating a vaccine? The same should be applied to cancer which kills far more people of any age. 

Yooouuu cannot be this clueless :monkas:

1 minute ago, Cookester15 said:

Yes but if it's spread by contact how can resolve this? If social distancing is stopping it wouldn't that have to remain indefinitely ? 

Pretty much. I think we will have waves of this for years. Ultimately, If the entire world quarantined for ~14 days it would be (in theory) eradicated. 

the problem is, it’s going to hit different parts of the world at different times, and millions of people travel internationally daily. Tbh the only way is to close boarders (countries, states, providences, etc) otherwise it’s just going to restart all over again 

5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Pretty much. I think we will have waves of this for years. Ultimately, If the entire world quarantined for ~14 days it would be (in theory) eradicated. 

the problem is, it’s going to hit different parts of the world at different times, and millions of people travel internationally daily. Tbh the only way is to close boarders (countries, states, providences, etc) otherwise it’s just going to restart all over again 

This honestly doesn't seem realistic to me. To save old as fuck people? In my 80s I wouldnt give a shit. Just add it to the list of disease that will probably kill me. 

If anything just isolate the old and sick when there is an outbreak. Seems like a far easier solution.  

At least this way the population can build up antibodies and slow the spread that way. 

4 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

This honestly doesn't seem realistic to me. To save old as fuck people? In my 80s I wouldnt give a shit. Just add it to the list of disease that will probably kill me. 

If anything just isolate the old and sick when there is an outbreak. Seems like a far easier solution.  

At least this way the population can build up antibodies and slow the spread that way. 

There are more than 80 years olds dying & hospitalized. If there aren’t enough supplies and beds, normal operations/hospitalizations won’t be able to happen. That’s why it’s a problem.

23 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Grandma would have wanted to die by drowning in fluids in her own lung so we could go to ben and jerrys

She's smoked 50 years. Surprised she doesn't have lung cancer yet. 

17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

children are now dying From COVID-19. 

Cooke "Fuck em" 

Don't think I've ever said that when they die in car crashes or shootings.. But whatever floats your boat 

Just now, ghostz said:

If car crashes sent a signal to other drivers to spontaneously crash we would not have cars. 

yeah its called a 5 car pileup. 

15 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

We have accepted cancer kills us. We may need to accept Covid as a part of getting old and one of the many diseases that can kill us in our 80s.

We've only accepted cancer and other diseases kill us in so far as what's out of our control, but we continually strive to expand what's within our control through research on prevention and more effective treatments every single day. It's ridiculous to suggest we've given up on saving lives from those diseases and therefore we should do the same with COVID. Like just where do you come up with that stuff?

32 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

We can't keep the world shutdown for this. Logically it makes little sense. 

Most of the world didn't shutdown and most places that did are beginning to open up again. Nobody thinks the world can stay shutdown, but it's a necessary temporary step in controlling a novel virus that spread far beyond containment. Southeast and East Asia have proven that the virus can be effectively dealt with by being proactive, but when 1% of your population is infected and the virus is spreading with a reproductive ratio greater than 2 then you're only 6 doubling periods away from everybody getting it.

The virus not being as deadly as initially thought is good news, but it's still already the deadliest epidemic in 50 years and we're only six months into this thing's existence with a sizable amount excess mortality that remains unaccounted for. The vast majority of people should be able to go back to work, but precautions need to be taken and the infected need to be identified quickly and quarantined without the pressures of choosing between putting food on their family's table or infecting other people.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Voidler said:

I also need that extra tattoo on my neck and dick piercing :diplo:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Ike said:

Yes it is that bad. Dumb thread. It might not be killing younger people in the same numbers as the elderly but you're still at risk and now it's developing into something new that's been making kid's immune systems go crazy.

lmao Cocke got owned by Ghostz. Take the day off kid @Cookester15