Steam's response to Epic giving away GTA5, hold onto your butts

17 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Steams response was selling 20-50m copies of GTA5 

aa11.png

A game many of us bought back in 2013. 

So glad Epic released this for free.  I was not going to rebuy a game I already own just to play it on PC.  

Some of you guys are suckers in your fanboy defense of these corporations. 

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Tencent doesn't control Epic Games, Tim Sweeney is still majority shareholder.

What, do you think the servers are in china or something.

And what is the fear, here?

Payment info? To do what? Something that you can't fix with a phone call to your bank?

Is that Tencent's ultimate goal here.........to attempt mass unauthorized credit card transactions like gas station skimmers?:lawl:I love getting people to explain their conspiracy theories all the way.

Look at jehurey the Chinese puppet 

3 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

I'm not defending China, in fact in alot of threads I'm bashing China and their control over industry.

But......I like making dumbasses actually try and explain their conspiracy theory in full.

They usually don't want to because they know it starts sounding stupid halfway through their explanation.

4 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

A game many of us bought back in 2013. 

So glad Epic released this for free.  I was not going to rebuy a game I already own just to play it on PC.  

Some of you guys are suckers in your fanboy defense of these corporations. 

everyone bought this game on console back then. and a second time on pc. 

I AM THE ONLY ONE.... who gets the game for free on EGS. FUCK YALL :mock:

4 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Jerry doesn't understand that when an entity owns as large of a share in a company as Tencent does; that there is a board of directors and decisions are dictated by them as a board. Tim Sweeney having the largest share doesn't mean he's in control, he just has the largest singular voice at the table. 

42 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Jerry doesn't understand that when an entity owns as large of a share in a company as Tencent does; that there is a board of directors and decisions are dictated by them as a board. Tim Sweeney having the largest share doesn't mean he's in control, he just has the largest singular voice at the table. 

Who do you think elects board members?

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Shareholders by committee, not just the largest shareholder. 

Shareholders vote and what do you think happens if somebody owns 51% of voting rights?

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

Shareholders vote and what do you think happens if somebody owns 51% of voting rights?

That's not how it works, they jointly form a committee who decides the board members so all interests are accounted for. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

That's not how it works

Yes, it is. If somebody has the majority share of voting rights then they're in control of the company. The majority owner of voting rights elects the majority of board members and board members can be removed by shareholder vote. Board members serve at the pleasure of the shareholders, not the other way around.

It is not uncommon for investors to ask for a specific board composition and bylaws that prevent a single majority shareholder from being able to remove board members, but that is not the default position of corporations in any state in the US.

12 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Yes it does mean he's in control. He has the most seats and votes on that board.

What you don't understand.............is that you're a dumbass.

And it makes perfect sense..............HOW would a dumbass know that he's dumb? Right?

Same way how a dead person doesn't know he's dead.

UPDATE: It seems like Hot Sauce already took care of him for me.

OKAY, let's go with Dynocrap's assumptions:

[Tencent]: We need to form a board

[Tim Sweeney]: Okay

[Tencent]: Let's make it a board of about 25 people]

[Tim Sweeney]: No, I want the board to be about 7 people

[Tencent]: Well let's have the shareholders vote on it

[Tim Sweeney]: Okay, I vote with my 51% of shares that its 7 people. The decision has been made.

[Tencent]: Okay, who we vote for this chair.

[Tim Sweeney]: I want my wife to be the board chairman

[Tencent]: Well we want the COO of Tencent to be the chairman.

[Tim Sweeney]: Okay, let's vote on it. I vote with 51% of my shares that its my wife. The decision has been made.

And so on and so forth....

Edited by jehurey