Sony's SSD spiel is a joke confirmed by a Chinese Epic engineer

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

This is also the funny thing, people saying "Sony has showed us next-gen while Microsoft's reveal was a flop"... Ummm what idiots? Hellblade 2 was an in engine reveal of Unreal Engine 5 the day the system was revealed in December of last year.

People are incredibly stupid and it's annoying. 

Yep.  I mean, look at this 

gawd.png

No polygonal edges anywhere.  Geometric detail which absolutely shits on anything currently available... no LOD transitions.  Digital Foundry questioning how it was even possible.... but now we know.

UE5 is going to be a beast.. on all platforms B) 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're telling him the peak he created is BS (he didn't create a peak)..... meanwhile your entire argument is built around a peak you made up in your head 

I get the impression when DeanoCuck starts posting about sophisticated computer hardware and specs, he actually has no idea what the fuck he is talking about. 

All of this stuff was actually said in a livestream so you know it's not fake lol

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1kK411W7fK

Hello guys from foreign country. I want to do a little translation.

52:57
Our goal is that the graphic quality like this demo, we want to make it run 60FPS at next-gen consoles. But now we do not reach the goal. Now it is 30FPS. Our target is 60FPS, that is also why we can not release it now. And I can ensure that we can run this demo in our notebook, in editor, not cooked, it even can 40FPS. (After someone in BBS confirm that the device is RTX2080 and 970EVO)

126: 53
SSD speed like PS5 is helpful, especially those huge scene streaming. Nanite and Virtual Texture is depend on I / O. Do we need such fast SSD so that we can run that demo? In fact if we analyze that, for example 2K. Our finally goal is that each pixel with one triangle. I assume with two triangle. In fact there are not such many triangles. It means it is MB / S level. It doesn't need such fast SSD like PS5 to run the demo.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yep.  I mean, look at this 

gawd.png

No polygonal edges anywhere.  Geometric detail which absolutely shits on anything currently available... no LOD transitions.  Digital Foundry questioning how it was even possible.... but now we know.

UE5 is going to be a beast.. on all platforms B) 

Microsoft has a much higher quality trailer to pull from.

49903278837_fe575c28c9_o.png

49903278782_d2c763c854_o.png

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Microsoft has a much higher quality trailer to pull from.

49903278837_fe575c28c9_o.png

49903278782_d2c763c854_o.png

Oh shit yea, you're right.  I just grabbed a capture from the first youtube vid that popped up lol

It looks fucking incredible :bow: 

And it's obviously higher resolution than what the PS5 tech demo is.  What did DF say was the pixel count again?

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

All of this stuff was actually said in a livestream so you know it's not fake lol

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1kK411W7fK

Which is the point, they even said it themselves, it's only MB/s data stream requirements for that, not even remotely close to GB/s... 

I'll say this until the end of the gen and I have zero doubt it will not hold steadfast, that SSD was an overengineered waste of money when they could have gotten by just as easily on something lesser, like half as fast, like Microsoft built, and even that is overkill IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Oh shit yea, you're right.  I just grabbed a capture from the first youtube vid that popped up lol

It looks fucking incredible :bow: 

And it's obviously higher resolution than what the PS5 tech demo is.  What did DF say was the pixel count again?

It was native pixel density of a 4K image with the black bars, so like 3840x1600 or something I would assume. 

59 minutes ago, Cell said:

Nothing to say to you other than delicious bait which you often bite. :tom5:

Stfu kid, after getting destroyed you tried to play your last card and failed miserably too.

Edited by MalaXmaS
  • aitch 1
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

It was native pixel density of a 4K image with the black bars, so like 3840x1600 or something I would assume. 

Yea it was something like that.

Hmm.. interesting anyway.  A lot of MS' teams use Unreal Engine, so it will be interesting to see what teams like The Coalition can do with it.

18 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Stfu kid, after getting destroyed you tried to play your last card and failed miserably too.

Lol nah. Shitty poster recycling stuff he’s seen elsewhere. 

Funny to see you trying to prop him up, but then again shit does attract flies I suppose.

:ccruise:

17 minutes ago, Cell said:

Funny to see you trying to prop him up, but then again shit does attract flies I suppose.

I don't need to recycle other peoples arguments, and that's largely the point. I already know these things. 

37 minutes ago, Cell said:

Relax bitch.

Just take the L and move on.

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You claim you didn't say it... and then you said it again :lawl:

I really wish you would die, you are beyond stupid.

You said...

Wait you think it only has to do with how far you can see? :lawl:

Then I quoted what I ALREADY said...

"There's only so far you can see, there's only so much that can be put into a scene because IT ALL HAS TO BE RENDERED...."

There's another part to that sentence you brain dead fucking idiot. "There's only so much that can be put into a scene" takes into account the brunt of assets, original assets, assets in general ON TOP OF distance scaling.

Fucking die, you are intolerably stupid. Stay the fuck out of these threads, you fuck up everything people say because you are illiterate and dumb, and then twist it into some other dumb shit your stupid sheep brain concocted.. 

Edited by DynamiteCop
9 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

It's like I told @madmaltese with my little graph thing I made and he tried to call me an idiot for it, these people get caught up in the dumbest shit and never learn.

I couldn't find the exact one I made but this is the gist of it. 

• |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| PS5 SSD Bandwidth
  • |-----------------------| SSD bandwidth requirement for on the fly asset streaming
  • |-------------------------------------------| Series X SSD Bandwidth

Like I said, they both engineered for the problem, but the issue is Sony overengineered at the cost of the rest of their system. 

:drake: So glad we have another thread for you to pull this out. 

Imagine saying what that max needed bandwith for something is before a gen even begins. 

The way you're talking about is suggesting that SSD's will pretty much never need to be to the level of the PS4...EVER. When by the end of this gen, this SSD is most likely gonna look dated af. It probably will already no longer be the best this time next year if not sooner. You are quite literally saying we have reached the maximum required quality of a technology and it's hilariously stupid every time you do. But pls continue. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

:drake: So glad we have another thread for you to pull this out. 

Imagine saying what that max needed bandwith for something is before a gen even begins. 

The way you're talking about is suggesting that SSD's will pretty much never need to be to the level of the PS4...EVER. When by the end of this gen, this SSD is most likely gonna look dated af. It probably will already no longer be the best this time next year if not sooner. You are quite literally saying we have reached the maximum required quality of a technology and it's hilariously stupid every time you do. But pls continue. 

You might want to read up, they already disclosed that the hit to the SSD was MB/s, not GB/s.

RIP you and all your bullshit forever