Playing Divinity Original Sin 2 for the first time.

I always avoided this game because I didnt like the visuals and never payed much attention but holy fuck, this is actually the best WRPG released in a very long time. Certainly the deepest and most challenging anyhow.

Anyone else love this game? It even has local couch coop on console. It kinda reminds me of the old Neverwinter Nights but way better.

I was going to buy it on switch when it was on sale but yeah, i didnt like the way the game looked but the reviews are all so good.. maybe next time. 

1 minute ago, Delita said:

Ownage game. Reminded me of when wrpgs used to be good before Beshitsda and BioWare took a dump on the genre 

Theres still Obsidian at least. Although The Outer World failed to deliver, not a bad game but I had higher expectation.

Im looking forward to Wasteland 3 as well, the second game owned despite shit production values.

4 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I was going to buy it on switch when it was on sale but yeah, i didnt like the way the game looked but the reviews are all so good.. maybe next time. 

Dude, if you like RPGs with actual substance its totally worth. Every element of the gameplay is superb, deep character progression system, convo system that allows for a lot of role playing freedom and choices with consequences, excellent combat system. It has it all.

I bought a PS4 physical copy for $25 CAD and its the best $25 I spent in years. Its not for everyone though, and its pretty unapologetically hard on higher difficulty levels. You can mess up so easily in this game, a wrong conversation can get you killed. Remember to save often.

54 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Dude, if you like RPGs with actual substance its totally worth. Every element of the gameplay is superb, deep character progression system, convo system that allows for a lot of role playing freedom and choices with consequences, excellent combat system. It has it all.

I bought a PS4 physical copy for $25 CAD and its the best $25 I spent in years. Its not for everyone though, and its pretty unapologetically hard on higher difficulty levels. You can mess up so easily in this game, a wrong conversation can get you killed. Remember to save often.

next time it goes on sale ill bite

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I get this game and Pillars of Eternity confused 

They definitely look similar, never played Pillars though.

looking forward to playing this but I'm still not done with the first one. and I'm also playing pillars of eternity. and 100 other games :deader: 

3 hours ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

looking forward to playing this but I'm still not done with the first one. and I'm also playing pillars of eternity. and 100 other games :deader: 

I can already see myself never finishing this game. Its a daunting experience to say the least, theres a shit load of micro management and because theres so many ways to complete quests or miss quest lines entirely I always feel like I fucked up and should start over a new game. Make sure you got the time required if you ever play this.

How is Pillars of Eternity?

Edited by Ramza
30 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I can already see myself never finishing this game. Its a daunting experience to say the least, theres a shit load of micro management and because theres so many ways to complete quests or miss quest lines entirely I always feel like I fucked up and should start over a new game. Make sure you got the time required if you ever play this.

How is Pillars of Eternity?

ya of course. I'm at the end with over 100 hours played, i had to take a long pause. but i love divinity OS so i'm sure OS2 owns.

Pillars of eternity is in the same league, incredibly deep dnd rpg. I know you made the same complaint about graphics in divinity os 1 I think you will like this more cause everything is painted and static. 

It's more like oldschool dnd though, a true baldur's gate if you will with RTwP combat but really satisfying. Lots of character customization, talents, unique items, skills etc.

The story is mediocre overall but the side quests are amazing in the first big city, think of baldur's gate again, there are 2 huge cities in this game with a LOT of content. 

The overall writing is excellent. and lots of it, some people even complain about it but I like it. 

Most playable characters are standard, a few really bland but there are two that stand out:

Durance - Official Pillars of Eternity Wiki

Durance, a priest that lost his faith (kind of). He just calls everything holy a bitch and mocks the gods and all that stuff. Really funny when you talk to people who are looking for a sign of god and he calls them cunts and prostitutes etc. you get the idea. :D 

Grieving Mother - Official Pillars of Eternity Wiki

Grieving Mother. Her introduction alone is better than most character designs in any game, even most RPGs. Really well written, mysterious, she is basically invisible to others but you. It's like a puzzle, a story about birth and death and rebirth. She is playable like every other characters its just your main character will talk to her and the others in your party be like:"you talking to yourself again, eh?" :D 

If you ever play it make sure you will look up where she is to pick her up immediately to get her as soon as possible.

Just my advice. game is long as fuck as well, over 100 hours played on this too and no end in sight :deader: 

pillars 2 has turn based combat mode too. but i think i will play it in real time with pause too because it was the original mode, turn based was patched in later. 

• Upvote 1
On 2020-07-19 at 10:36 AM, Ramza said:

I always avoided this game because I didnt like the visuals and never payed much attention but holy fuck, this is actually the best WRPG released in a very long time. Certainly the deepest and most challenging anyhow.

Anyone else love this game? It even has local couch coop on console. It kinda reminds me of the old Neverwinter Nights but way better.

The first one is also just as good.

One of the best WRPGs I've ever played. I replayed the opening island section a couple of times and holy fuck at the level of control and possibilities you get. There is so many nook and crannies that lead to some really interesting side-quests. You can break out of the prison in so many different and creative ways. If you wanted to use a combination of stealth and teleportation to rummage through the main fort and then exit through the front door you could, and the game was open to that possibility!

The combat is tactical and hard as shit. Super rewarding when you manage to turn the tide on a boss when you are underleveled with clever positioning.

The world is detailed and diverse.

Gee. I feel like replaying it now. How is it on Switch?

Can't wait for BG3

• Upvote 1

I can't get enough of larian with their world building and turn based combat but I am so disappointed that they turn the grandmaster of real time with pause combat baldur's into a divinity OS game. :|  that's blasphemy