• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With a case inside!

Would be nice if I could see the case 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Why would I do any research on something that I already know?

But since you really want to keep this argument going:

https://www.crucial.com/articles/pc-builders/why-your-computer-is-loud-and-how-to-reduce-noise#:~:text=More fans mean more noise%2C especially as those,depending on what part is making the noise.

'If you have a particularly powerful computer, there will be more fans inside the case and some components, such as the graphics card will have their own fans. More fans mean more noise, especially as those fans get older'

Now whos right and whos wrong?

Yea... like you "knew" how to build a PC and ended up completely fucking it up and having issues left and right :tom: 

What makes more noise and cools better.. an AIO radiator with 1 fan maxed out at full RPM, or one with two fans running at half speed?

More fans @ less RPM = more air moved while being quieter...

You're a Verge tier PC builder at best ffs...

29 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Yea... like you "knew" how to build a PC and ended up completely fucking it up and having issues left and right :tom: 

What makes more noise and cools better.. an AIO radiator with 1 fan maxed out at full RPM, or one with two fans running at half speed?

More fans @ less RPM = more air moved while being quieter...

You're a Verge tier PC builder at best ffs...

Nobody is going to run any fan at full RPM :| man you're even less knowledgeable on PCs than i thought.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nobody is going to run any fan at full RPM :| man you're even less knowledgeable on PCs than i thought.

It applies to lower speeds as well dumbass :mj: 

1 fan at half speed or 2 fans at quarter speed? :lemming: 

"more fans hurtz airflow" :grimaceleft:

:omglol: 

8 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

It applies to lower speeds as well dumbass :mj: 

1 fan at half speed or 2 fans at quarter speed? :lemming: 

"more fans hurtz airflow" :grimaceleft:

:omglol: 

So if you put a table fan on its lowest setting next to you, and then put ANOTHER identical table fan next to it at its lowest setting, you're telling me that both fans wouldn't generate more noise than just one of them by itself?

holy fuck....you guys are a lost cause:mj:

5 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

Twinblade doubling down on his retardation. Hate to see it.

The guy is mental.  He argues with people and acts like he knows stuff... but he didn't even research how many fan headers his motherboard had and then cried about it.  He didn't know that CPU_OPT could be used for whatever fan he wanted.. he fucked up his NVMe drive... literally the simplest thing ever to install after spending hours trying to remove the unremovable screw from the MOBO drive heatsink..  He said there were no other screws included.... but they are right there in the fucking box... :rofl: 

It's absolutely fine to be a beginner and not know shit... but when you don't listen to advice... listen to reason... listen to people calling out your bullshit.. well, then I stop trying to be friendly and help.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So if you put a table fan on its lowest speed next to you, and then put ANOTHER identical table fan next to it at its lowest setting, you're telling me that both fans wouldn't generate more noise than just one of them by itself?

holy fuck....you guys are a lost cause:mj:

the amount of noise it would generate would be more than one fan at that speed... but also less than 1 fan at higher speed to move the same amount of air :drake: 

lmao twinblade your whole argument is that more fans means more noise?

Like is that how simple you are? That's basic ass shit. Everyone knows that. There are factors beyond just having x-number-of-fans and making noise vs keeping your computer cool though

Jesus fuck you're so unable to grasp things outside of basic concepts, its really no wonder you have the political leanings that you do. 

Just now, HALOmij said:

the amount of noise it would generate would be more than one fan at that speed... but also less than 1 fan at higher speed to move the same amount of air :drake: 

The argument was never about fans at their max speeds :|

More fans generally = more noise. And the article I posted from CRUCIAL (ya know, a major manufacturer of PC parts) backs that up. Can you just admit that you were wrong instead of acting like a clueless idiot? 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The argument was never about fans at their max speeds :|

More fans generally = more noise. And the article I posted from CRUCIAL (ya know, a major manufacturer of PC parts) backs that up. Can you just admit that you were wrong instead of acting like a clueless idiot? 

I'm not wrong about anything though.

Running more fans at lower RPMs is quieter than less fans at higher RPMs to maintain temps.  It's quite simple.

You were literally bitching about there being only 3 fan headers on the motherboard you bought... you wanted more fans and had to buy splitters you said... :D 

More fans = more air moved at lower RPM... which also means quieter performance overall.

Edited by HALOmij
3 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

I'm not wrong about anything though.

Running more fans at lower RPMs is quieter than less fans at higher RPMs to maintain temps.  It's quite simple.

Except 10 fans at a low RPM will still be louder than 5 fans at that same RPM. Hence why more fans = more noise.

I don't understand why thats so hard to grasp dude....you're moving the argument in a completely different direction to try to avoid having to admit being wrong.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Except 10 fans at the same RPM will still be louder than 5 fans at that same RPM. Hence why more fans = more noise.

I don't understand why thats so hard to grasp dude....you're moving the argument in a completely different direction to try to avoid having to admit being wrong.

ok but listen for a sec dude.  People specifically put more fans for a reason.  They know running MORE fans at the same speed will cause more noise.....  The reason you put more fans in your PC case though is so that you can run the fans at lower speeds and move either the same, or more air.. resulting in quieter and better cooling performance.  You also run that many, to reduce dead zones within the case that can cause pockets of warm air increasing the ambient temp within the case and as such the components...  People ALSO put more fans and run them faster to improve cooling performance even more.

The choices people make can depend on tons of factors, from the case itself, to the ambient climate where they live... to improve overclocking.. ect. ect...

If you're trying to run back the argument so that it's just "more fans = more noise" ok... no shit.... but more fans can also equal quieter operation + better cooling performance...  If you can just admit that... that would be great... and you could learn something as well.

That's not even taking into consideration that the noise from the fans can range from loud to negligible even before considering the sound dampening of the case itself.

Like i said. Twinblade is a retard and his whole arguement in this thread has been summed up to "more fans = more noise" without considering any of the nuances therein.

Fucking clown.

2 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

ok but listen for a sec dude.  People specifically put more fans for a reason.  They know running MORE fans at the same speed will cause more noise.....  The reason you put more fans in your PC case though is so that you can run the fans at lower speeds and move either the same, or more air.. resulting in quieter and better cooling performance.  You also run that many, to reduce dead zones within the case that can cause pockets of warm air increasing the ambient temp within the case and as such the components...  People ALSO put more fans and run them faster to improve cooling performance even more.

The choices people make can depend on tons of factors, from the case itself, to the ambient climate where they live... to improve overclocking.. ect. ect...

If you're trying to run back the argument so that it's just "more fans = more noise" ok... no shit.... but more fans can also equal quieter operation + better cooling performance...  If you can just admit that... that would be great... and you could learn something as well.

Ok, you still didn't disprove my original argument but thanks for the explanation I guess? Im still going to stick with less fans because I know im getting good airflow while minimizing the noise level.

10 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

That's not even taking into consideration that the noise from the fans can range from loud to negligible even before considering the sound dampening of the case itself.

Like i said. Twinblade is a retard and his whole arguement in this thread has been summed up to "more fans = more noise" without considering any of the nuances therein.

Fucking clown.

And of course you would go completely off topic and mention case specifics, which is even further from remij's argument.

Get outta here :D 

4 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

Remij's argument?

Two things: 
1) I'm not arguing with Remij.

2) you're the one who started this by crying about how many case fans people had in their cases. 

Like...you keep looking more stupid with each post. Stop.

Remember back in the good 'ol days of SW when you weren't constantly bitter about everything? I do.