New Microsoft Flight Simulator trailer goes through the history of the franchise

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

The game looks good, but Flight Simulator is such snorefest.

Yea, you have to be a special breed to really be into it lol.  It's honestly surprising to me that they are releasing a console version at all.  I wonder if they have some more arcade style modes in development for the future?  I would think/hope so.

Edited by HALOmij
Just now, HALOmij said:

Yea, you have to be a special breed to really be into it lol.  It's honestly surprising to me that they are releasing a console version at all.  I wonder if they have some more arcade style stuff in development for the future?  I would think/hope so.

I'd like to apply these visuals to the next Ace Combat or something; I'll be glad to sign up then. Hard to believe this game is coming out of Asobo. They did an amazing job.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'd like to apply these visuals to the next Ace Combat or something; I'll be glad to sign up then. Hard to believe this game is coming out of Asobo. They did an amazing job.

Yea.  They should consider making their own Ace Combat style game using this engine in the future.

That said, I think they're going to be working on this game for a long time.  It's obviously meant to be a platform that evolves over time.  Hopefully they're able to do this and work on other projects like A Plague Tale as well.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Did they ever explain why there was a 14 year gap since the last game? Like that particular dev team was always there, right?

The Flight Sim team was laid off in 2009... probably due to MS' focus on Xbox.  It's like they just stopped caring about PC after the X360 released.

5 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

The Flight Sim team was laid off in 2009... probably due to MS' focus on Xbox.  It's like they just stopped caring about PC after the X360 released.

So who made this? They bring back the team?

34 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So who made this? They bring back the team?

No.  Asobo Studios is making this.  The same team that made A Plague's Tale.

As far as I know, Asobo is building off the previous game's base, and they're consulting with the appropriate professionals in improving all the games simulations, systems, and mechanics.

Edited by HALOmij

I played flight simulator with a joystick around 2002ish.. It's like real flying.  FS2020 looks phenomenal compared to anything before it :D 

I could see some Xbox fans getting into flight simulator.  Or I can specifically see some older people who played those flight sims in the 90s but don't really game any more on pc but just want to play it again... the Series X solution would work for them.  This is a good option for those who don't want to spend alot on a gaming pc.  Plus this game will be nice graphical showcase for Series X.  

Plus you can use mouse and keyboard on X.  Anyone who sees the new flight sim who were into it before but don't own gaming pc will love this and can get back into it for relatively cheap with Series X.

Edited by Spicalicious
3 hours ago, HALOmij said:

No.  Asobo Studios is making this.  The same team that made A Plague's Tale.

As far as I know, Asobo is building off the previous game's base, and they're consulting with the appropriate professionals in improving all the games simulations, systems, and mechanics.

I would be interested in knowing the business decision behind giving it to Asobo. Nobody even knew who they were until Plague Tale came along, and going from a third person stealth action game to a realistic flight simulator is a hell of a genre shift.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I would be interested in knowing the business decision behind giving it to Asobo. Nobody even knew who they were until Plague Tale came along, and going from a third person stealth action game to a realistic flight simulator is a hell of a genre shift.

Yea I wonder how it all came about too.  It's really impressive.  Perhaps the team pitched the idea to Microsoft because they were huge fans or something?  

I'm sure we'll find out eventually how it all came about.

4 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

Everybody always says they want their racers and shit to be more sim.. blah blah blah is not sim enough I keep hearing :cry:  Well here's a sim for you have fun. lol

:ben:

7 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

Everybody always says they want their racers and shit to be more sim.. blah blah blah is not sim enough I keep hearing :cry:  Well here's a sim for you have fun. lol

you say racing sim but this is just a flight simulator. it is pointless, nothing to do, nothing to see, nothing to learn. even arma has a way better plane simulation than this garbage :D :kaz:  lemshites cant get anything right