Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Can someone explain the trailer trash phenomenon in the US

23 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

US is a rich country. I have never seen this being a thing in any other country. 

This is horseshit, trashy people live everywhere. Especially in Russia. 

11 hours ago, Delita said:

If I only followed what I saw on tv I’d think Russia is some dump where everyone is addicted to Krokodil, drinks vodka and have pictures of Putin in their house.

yea, but that's basically what russia is; a lifelong drinking contest and some squats in between

While Rich USA has many states and counties that can differ quite a bit, and also has some income inequality. Some areas have a lower Human Development Index than others. HDI is basically a "Shit hole meter".

Place ran by Republicans happens to have a much lower HDI than Democrat ones, on average.  If you were to remove these areas USA stats would shoot up and be close to the Nordic countries in QOL/SOl/HDI numbers. Possibly top 3. 

TLDR: GOP can't govern, you have one party shittying up USA much worse than the other. Hell just look at this Trump recession.

Edited by Substatic
18 minutes ago, Substatic said:

While Rich USA has many states and counties that can differ quite a bit, and also has some income inequality. Some areas have a lower Human Development Index than others. HDI is basically a "Shit hole meter".

Place ran by Republicans happens to have a much lower HDI than Democrat ones, on average.  If you were to remove these areas USA stats would shoot up and be close to the Nordic countries in QOL/SOl/HDI numbers. Possibly top 3. 

TLDR: GOP can't govern, you have one party shittying up USA much worse than the other. Hell just look at this Trump recession.

True it’s not like we’re in the worst pandemic in 100 years or anything. Lol

16 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

True it’s not like we’re in the worst pandemic in 100 years or anything. Lol

Partly due to Trump's incredible mis-handling of it. Blue president's do better on the economy for the last 60 years. 

BTW those HDI states predate the pandemic.

Edited by Substatic
2 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Partly due to Trump's incredible mis-handling of it. Blue president's do better on the economy for the last 60 years. 

BTW those HDI states predate the pandemic.

Can you show me any economy in the world that has grown during covid? 

30 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Can you show me any economy in the world that has grown during covid? 

Straw-man. 

Trump handled Corona poorly. USA suffered economically due to this. That's my claim.  

Edited by Substatic
Just now, Substatic said:

Straw-man. 

Trump handled Corona poorly. USA suffered economically due to this. That's my claim.

Lol. Okay then. Everywhere in the world is suffering.  If trump handled it amazingly the economy would still have declined. 

Edited by ghostz life matters
1 minute ago, ghostz life matters said:

Lol. Okay then. Everywhere in the world is suffering. 

USA did poorly compared to many other countries, and this can be attributed to The Trump Administrations objectively poor response among the failure of others.

Oh and Republicans still can't govern for shit, far lower HDI on average for counties and states Virus or no Virus.

Edited by Substatic
3 minutes ago, Substatic said:

USA did poorly compared to many other countries, and this can be attributed to The Trump Administrations objectively poor response among the failure of others.

Oh and Republicans still can't govern for shit, far lower HDI on average for counties and states Virus or no Virus.

That’s nice but that’s another subject entirely. The economy would have flopped no matter what because at best all Trump could have done was completely shut down the country for months. 

and that was the point you were trying to make. That covid caused an economic crash. Well, no shit lol

Edited by ghostz life matters
2 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

That’s nice but that’s another subject entirely. The economy would have flopped because at best all Trump could have done was completely shut down the country for months. 

A much quicker shut down would have resulted in a lower spread. We would be doing far better right now both economically and in terms of cases/deaths. Same goes for national mask mandates early on.

Just look at the several other countries that did exponentially better. It's not a myth or impossible, he screwed up. And badly. And experts + most Americans agree.

GOP sucks at governing though to answer the OP.

Edited by Substatic
1 minute ago, Substatic said:

A much quicker shut down would have resulted in a lower spread. We would be doing far better right now both economically and in terms of cases/deaths. Same goes for national mask mandates early on.

Just look at the several other countries that did exponentially better. It's not a myth or impossible, he screwed up. And badly. And experts + most Americans agree.

GOP sucks at governing though to answer the OP.

Honestly bro I don’t know how you stop the spread without shutting down boarders (they’d have to be closed from February and still do this day) but also state and local town boroughs. It had to be complete fucking lockdown for who knows how long. I’m sure he... nor any president would ever want to or even think about doing such a thing. It’s insanity but I don’t see how else to combat the spread