Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Staff at Spotify want to be able to put trigger warnings on Joe Rogan podcasts

The memes have been the best thing to come out of all of this; well that, and the mental gymnastics displayed on r/joerogan, due to the apology he made over the forest fighters in Oregon.

There's the video from Spotify (they've since pulled it down) about the workplace policies and LGBTQ+ acceptance below; which then spawned:

tegyvy7u3xo51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Then the person in the spotify video with the blue hair, Bard; was picked up and added into memes of all variety.

LwORPgIXhOuLungsylhR5vqq67IxOX-ojmpxGuxx

3x160ov3t0p51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

z1mw1uqjzxo51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

And now I suppose you're all caught up on this news.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/opinion/2020/09/23/joe-rogan-and-spotifys-100-million-marriage-is-already-on-the-rocks.html

Why are humans so weak?  People with that kind of sensitivity are most likely not watching Rogan podcasts already. :omglol:

Rogan fans usually are the biggest simps on the internet. 

Oh yeah, Joe Rogan is definitely trashing his reputation among the incels.

You wanna know why? Because he got $100 fucking million dollars.

Why do people forget he was the host of a game show where people ate Falcon testicles, and he kept that gig for a long ass time.

Tried listening to a Joe Rogan podcast about a little over a year ago, couldn't get through the first five minutes because that dude has sellout written all over him. LOL

What did you think he was going to do for $100 million dollars?

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Why do people forget he was the host of a game show where people ate Falcon testicles, and he kept that gig for a long ass time.

Tried listening to a Joe Rogan podcast about a little over a year ago, couldn't get through the first five minutes because that dude has sellout written all over him. LOL

I think we need a trigger warning for jehurey posts. 

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
On 2020-09-24 at 9:23 AM, jehurey said:

First off Joe Rogan was making close to 100m a yr pre Spotify he got a lot more. 

Secondly, Rogan can walk away from Spotify at any point and still make 100m a yr. Spotify only has distribution rights for 3 yrs, they don't own the podcast. Joe mainly switched to Spotify due to Youtube/Google's censorship. 

People are really ignorant on this topic. Rogan is the most popular interviewer/broadcaster the world has ever seen and his audience is growing. He pulls in more views/listens daily than Colbert, Kimmel, Fallon, CNN and Fox News combined. 

Edited by Vini
5 hours ago, Vini said:

First off Joe Rogan was making close to 100m a yr pre Spotify he got a lot more. 

Secondly, Rogan can walk away from Spotify at any point and still make 100m a yr. Spotify only has distribution rights for 3 yrs, they don't own the podcast. Joe mainly switched to Spotify due to Youtube/Google's censorship. 

People are really ignorant on this topic. Rogan is the most popular interviewer/broadcaster the world has ever seen and his audience is growing. He pulls in more views/listens daily than Colbert, Kimmel, Fallon, CNN and Fox News combined. 

Yeah, he was a sellout well before Spotify, if you read my post I specifically said that.

LOL he was making 100 million a year before Spotify. Do you even read what you type?

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, he was a sellout well before Spotify, if you read my post I specifically said that.

LOL he was making 100 million a year before Spotify. Do you even read what you type?

He made 30 mil from podcast alone in 2019. 

Combine that with his UFC paycheck and his ads/endorsements (He owns part of Onnit supplements etc). I guarantee he's just south of that number. 

Edited by Vini
On 2020-09-24 at 2:56 PM, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Lmao the blue haired beastie :sabu:

what is this thing, the boss from spotify :mindblown:

23 hours ago, Vini said:

He made 30 mil from podcast alone in 2019. 

Combine that with his UFC paycheck and his ads/endorsements (He owns part of Onnit supplements etc). I guarantee he's just south of that number. 

:ben:man, what a bold claim.

i guarantee that, too.

Just now, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

And Netflix specials money and touring money.  

LOL his netflix specials don't earn him money like Bill Burr, or Chappelle. He's not even close to that tier.

Touring does not make him multiple millions. He'd have to be an absolute non-stop touring monster for him to even get into the millions.  And Rogan isn't that. he would do his podcast, and only perform in LA at the local comedy place. And that isn't going to pay him much.

11 hours ago, lostfool said:

Joe Rogan is for simps.  He does have some good guests on his show that make him look as dumb as a bag of rocks. 

Stop being so weak