OFFICIAL THREAD - Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be amazing - Releases in Early Access TOMORROW

• Remij changed the title to OFFICIAL THREAD - Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be amazing - Releases in Early Access TOMORROW

There's a reason why the devs said this game isn't possible on current gen consoles.  It's a huge upgrade from Divinity Original Sin 2

QXkzQ1An1SU.jpg

TEy2RN2KueU.jpg

EjlQExfXkAAY9Zq?format=jpg&name=large

This game is as AAA as they come :whew: 

It releases on Early Access tomorrow and will have about 1/3 of the entire game.. or roughly 25-30h.  It's apparently the first act.  And you know what.. that's fine by me.  This game is going to be epic on all levels :wow2: 

Edited by Remij
24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It looks good but clearly a current gen game.

I disagree.  What other games of this type and size have visuals on this level?

At any point this game is probably doing far too much for current gen consoles and their low end CPUs.  This looks far better than D:OS2 visually.  Of course they could cut things back and make it work.. but they apparently don't want to.  It'll come to next gen consoles down the line for sure though.

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

I disagree.  What other games of this type and size have visuals on this level?

At any point this game is probably doing far too much for current gen consoles and their low end CPUs.  This looks far better than D:OS2 visually.  Of course they could cut things back and make it work.. but they apparently don't want to.  It'll come to next gen consoles down the line for sure though.

They look like polished DA Inquisition characters. I didn’t play DOS2 so maybe by those standards it’s a big improvement.

Just now, Twinblade said:

They look like polished DA Inquisition characters. I didn’t play DSO2 so maybe by those standards it’s a big improvement.

lol.. when you realize this game is 10 billion times more complex than DAI :hehe: 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Maybe :yeshrug: i've never played a Baldur's Gate game so I comment on that. I don't think the combat in these games is my cup of tea.

LOL DA:I

g70mY7b.png

BG3

Source-Ge-Force-SHARE-B64-ey-JEUl-NBc-HB

LOL the shading is on another level completely.  The clothing is terrible in DAI.  

Just now, Twinblade said:

I mean as far as character creator models are concerned it does look pretty good.

Also, comparing it to their previous game DOS2, I JUST took this screenshot of the character select screen lol..

The difference is generational

20201005225205-1.jpg

bf5954300ce4ffd7b9d8b54c7cdfadbdac43e473

LOL holy shit :D 

Also, the cinematics now are insane :aitch: 

In DOS2 they basically just had hand drawn story board cinematics with narration.

It's quite obvious they've put the money from the success of DOS2 into this.  BG3 also operates using a new updated engine.

Edited by Remij