Watch Dogs Legion with Ray Tracing on Xbox Series S

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Why would I be upset that the S exists and that you're now forced to like something you hated and swore wasn't real?

It's freaking hilarious. 

I don't know why you have to troll all the time... like take a fucking break dude..  :tom: 

Like... you said RT was in trouble on Xbox Series consoles... You said it couldn't do it.  You said that it was RDNA 1.5.... 

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 1

its fine for what it is. but you can tell its dialed down on store mirrors, areas that would require large amounts of ray-traced reflections like store windows.

My guess is that its low-res ray-tracing, but they hide it by having store windows have dark reflections.

In the PC version, the store windows are really reflective.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m legit impressed that a $300 console can do ray tracing.

For real.  This bodes really well for AMD's PC gpus as well.  They wont match Ampere, but they'll be good with games developed around console limitations.

I'm very impressed a 4TF GPUs is pushing ray-tracing at this quality.  Miles Morales is even more impressive.  The reflections in that game look really damn good.  Can't wait to see the tech presentations on how they managed that!

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Remij said:

For real.  This bodes really well for AMD's PC gpus as well.  They wont match Ampere, but they'll be good with games developed around console limitations.

I'm very impressed a 4TF GPUs is pushing ray-tracing at this quality.  Miles Morales is even more impressive.  The reflections in that game look really damn good.  Can't wait to see the tech presentations on how they managed that!

Yeah, miles looks awesome! I’ll get it because I liked Spider-Man and it’s a pretty sweet show piece. I don’t care about the 7. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I know the hermits don't want to hear this, but its clear that consoles are pushing tech forward, not PCs. Despite spending $1200+ on a brand new system, my rig probably can't even do ray tracing comparable to the measly Series S at a playable framerate.

I'm pretty sure you can set your PC to run at 900p and then have the ray-tracing at low to medium settings, which means the reflection are probably being generated at around HALF of the games resolution.

You can do that, right now.