Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Question about court packing

If Biden adds more supreme court justices in his favor, what's to stop the next Republican president from doing the same thing in 4/8 years? It seems like a short sighted plan to me. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Trump "Biden will pack the courts" 

Cooke "So when Biden packs the court...." 

Independent thinker right there folks :omglol:

Are you for real? Seriously give up the act man. 

6 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Let me end your baseless Trump claim #956. Biden is not packing the court. 

The end. 

On to this next baseless claim #957

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Let me end your baseless Trump claim #956. Biden is not packing the court. 

The end. 

On to this next baseless claim #957

Final answer?

Well I don't know.  But as a citizen of the United states that is not a retard like conservatives there is no law on the books that mandates a number.  There could be 5, there could be 9, there could be 12 etc.  It will not happen and even if Biden wanted to, the majority of the senate would have to approve it and I believe it would have to be a super majority.  

13 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Well I don't know.  But as a citizen of the United states that is not a retard like conservatives there is no law on the books that mandates a number.  There could be 5, there could be 9, there could be 12 etc.  It will not happen and even if Biden wanted to, the majority of the senate would have to approve it and I believe it would have to be a super majority.  

But Cooke Biden will pack the courts by himself.... Trump said so!!!!! 

5 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Wasn't it changed to just a simple majority 10 years ago? 

21 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

But Cooke Biden will pack the courts by himself.... Trump said so!!!!! 

Did he? You seem to know more about what Drumph says than I do. 

58 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Actually he's right. You seem to think you're some down the middle independent thinker, and like I've been saying since the start of the year when I returned, you seem to just repeat alt-right rhetoric exclusively and most of the sources you cite are either right leaning to full alt-right material. You should be the one giving up the act. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Actually he's right. You seem to think you're some down the middle independent thinker, and like I've been saying since the start of the year when I returned, you seem to just repeat alt-right rhetoric exclusively and most of the sources you cite are either right leaning to full alt-right material. You should be the one giving up the act. 

"Seem to" . Or perhaps you just see what you want to see to fit your pleasant little narrative of people you disagree with. Much easier just to put someone in a box isn't it? 

2 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

"Seem to" . Or perhaps you just see what you want to see to fit your pleasant little narrative of people you disagree with. Much easier just to put someone in a box isn't it? 

Call it like I see it. You might have a point if I was the only person who views you this way but I'm not. Let me guess, it's all us who can't see what a multifaceted thinker you are? LMFAO take that shit back to high school, son. 

First response nails it.

And to answer Cooke's question, Republicans need to have control of the Senate and the Presidency.

If Democrats get 50 Senators Plus Kamala Harris as the tie-breaker, they set up rules to eliminate the filibuster. And then they eliminate the Electoral College, and make the Presidential Election based on popular vote.

Boom, there you go. Republicans could take back control of the Senate, but they would never get the presidency for the forseeable future because they're not going to win the popular vote for the forseeable future, unless they can find new 70 year-old Boomers to vote.

Edited by jehurey
9 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Call it like I see it. You might have a point if I was the only person who views you this way but I'm not. Let me guess, it's all us who can't see what a multifaceted thinker you are? LMFAO take that shit back to high school, son. 

Group think. Let me be clear. I am not s republican, I am not alt right. I'm not even close to right wing. 

For the most part we would agree on major issues like universal health care, drug legalization, public education, gun control etc etc. Where we split is on the sjw/antifa stuff. I find it to be detrimental long term to progressivism while you think its important, and that's perfectly ok. 

11 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Group think. Let me be clear. I am not s republican, I am not alt right. I'm not even close to right wing. 

For the most part we would agree on major issues like universal health care, drug legalization, public education, gun control etc etc. Where we split is on the sjw/antifa stuff. I find it to be detrimental long term to progressivism while you think its important, and that's perfectly ok. 

Except you don't talk about any of those things at all.

Right-wing media talks about Hunter Biden.................you talk about Hunter Biden AND NOTHING ELSE

RIght-wing media talks about Burisma.................you talk about Burisma.

Right-wing media talks about Biden supposedly being slow..............you talk about Biden supposedly being slow

The mere fact that you mention Antifa, as if its a thing...........when there is repeated proof that there is no actual organizational Antifa, is proof that you DEFINITELY READ AND FOLLOW right-wing talking points.

This is an obvious and noticeable pattern.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If Democrats get 50 Senators Plus Kamala Harris as the tie-breaker, they set up rules to eliminate the filibuster. And then they eliminate the Electoral College, and make the Presidential Election based on popular vote.

Boom, there you go. Republicans could take back control of the Senate, but they would never get the presidency for the forseeable future because they're not going to win the popular vote for the forseeable future, unless they can find new 70 year-old Boomers to vote.

Constitutional amendments require 2/3 of each chamber of congress and 3/4 of the states, not a simple majority. It's never going to happen.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except you don't talk about any of those things at all.

Right-wing media talks about Hunter Biden.................you talk about Hunter Biden AND NOTHING ELSE

RIght-wing media talks about Burisma.................you talk about Burisma.

Right-wing media talks about Biden supposedly being slow..............you talk about Biden supposedly being slow

The mere fact that you mention Antifa, as if its a thing...........when there is repeated proof that there is no actual organizational Antifa, is proof that you DEFINITELY READ AND FOLLOW right-wing talking points.

This is an obvious and noticeable pattern.

Why do I need to? You don't talk about air pollution, does this mean we aren't polluting the earth?

Just because a right wing outlet says Biden has cognitive decline does not mean it's fake news. You need to wake up to your own delusions. 

I follow intellectual lefties, but you would call them alt right because they also agree wokeism is divisive and dangerous to society. Most of these people despise Trump. As do I. This does not make Biden good either. Think with both sides your brain sometimes Jehurey, it might help you.