Twinblade (Battlefield related)

they brought in five studios to make this shit?

And all Activision probably needs to do is introduce a new hat in CoD Warzone to ensure that this new Battlefield flops.

This is what Criterion has been whittled down to?

‘True next generation’ is just marketing lingo. I will be surprised if EA of all companies decides to just skip the last gen consoles. That market is too large and still consists of many people who won’t be getting current gen consoles anytime soon.

‘Update:

EA confirmed on its earnings call today that Battlefield was being developed by the largest group of studios to work on a Battlefield game yet: EA DICE, Criterion, DICE LA, Industrial Toys, and EA Gothenburg are all contributing. EA has also confirmed that the game will be released for both previous-gen and current-gen consoles, as well as PC.’ 

I knew it :ben: I’m sure BF6 will impress but it’ll still be a few years before we get a true next gen BF

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

And all Activision probably needs to do is introduce a new hat in CoD Warzone to ensure that this new Battlefield flops.

why do you always get so triggered by BF? Considering how woke the last one was I would have expected you of all people to respect it.

Just now, Twinblade said:

why do you always get so triggered by BF? Considering how woke the last one was I would have expected you of all people to respect it.

I love how you are injecting politics, that's how triggered you are when people criticized Battlefield, predictably flopping yet again.

its not my fault that your favorite franchise has continually underperformed.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love how you are injecting politics, that's how triggered you are when people criticized Battlefield, predictably flopping yet again.

its not my fault that your favorite franchise has continually underperformed.

It’s one of gaming’a biggest franchises and is the 2nd most popular military shooter series behind CoD. How does that get interpreted as under performing? 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It’s one of gaming’a biggest franchises and is the 2nd most popular military shooter series behind CoD. How does that get interpreted as under performing? 

Take a look around at the responses to your threads.

26 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Take a look around at the responses to your threads.

uhh this is just one example but

Kaz: 

sounds awesome, exactly what  i said before: changing weather like in BF1 was really cool. wonder how a day/night cycle play out if it's on all maps, I hope it's meant to be random for each map and doesn't change in a match but weather effects do. 

also I highly doubt it will be on last gen consoles because they said they want to increase the player count to 128 player(?) per map, I forgot the exact number but I think they just doubled it. interesting to see how that works out I always thought 64 player is enough, they might have to adjust the size of the maps, make them bigger.

man, I want some footage, I want to fly jets again :aitch:

Orion:

That's a good thing to hear about the movement. I agree that Call of Duty movement felt more responsive to me. I'm very excited for battlefield.

Ramza:

Sounds good. We gonna play this at launch.

Vini (I don't really agree with this one, but its still positive):

COD like gameplay in a Battlefield game?

It's game over

Theres actually been more positive talk about BF on this board than CoD. In fact the only time CoD is brought up is when its compared to BF (like what you just did).

So yeah you're clearly just talking out of your ass.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

uhh this is just one example but

Kaz: 

Orion:

Ramza:

Vini (I don't really agree with this one, but its still positive):

Theres actually been more positive talk about BF on this board than CoD. In fact the only time CoD is brought up is when its compared to BF (like what you just did).

So yeah you're clearly just talking out of your ass.

No, there isn't

People mildly optimistic that this next won't won't be another blah game that comes and goes..............is not to be confused with actual hype.

kaz

• infinite consciousness
  • kaz
  • Hermits
  • 19,339 posts
  • What are you playing:DOTA 2 forever
On 2021-04-16 at 6:56 PM, Ramza said:

Don't hang yourself because of some thrash EA game. :lul: 

I bought the game anyway. Fuck it, I'll see.

There are like two people excited about BF and that is twinb and me, and I have to add I'm the one who put the most hours into those games. :mjcry:  

•  

•  
11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, there isn't

People mildly optimistic that this next won't won't be another blah game that comes and goes..............is not to be confused with actual hype.

•  

It’s a multi million selling franchise that is consistently AA-AAA and would consistently  break its own sales records with each new installment (before BFV which is one of the few low points in the series). Again, you are bitter for no reason.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, jehurey said:

Have you not seen how many studios it took to make cold war?

Sledgehammer 

Raven 

Treyarch 

Beenox 

High Noon 

Demonware 

Activision Shanghai 

But anyway I still think the game will be a graphical standpoint. BF4 was in a similar situation, it was cross gen but they still got a lot out of the PS4/Xbone despite the consoles having just been released (BF6 has the benefit of coming out a year into the gen)

In fact looking back BF4 still looks impressive for a 2013 cross gen game

7 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Have you not seen how many studios it took to make cold war?

Sledgehammer 

Raven 

Treyarch 

Beenox 

High Noon 

Demonware 

Activision Shanghai 

I also don't think Jehurey realizes that the pandemic has had a significant effect on game development. EA obviously brought in some of those studios to make sure the game will be finished this year, and won't slip into 2022.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

No, there isn't

I asked you to leave sw quietly and nicely numerous times. Just go away and stop misquoting my shit, you little sad worm. :D 

PS: don't make this an jerry argument, nobody cares, I was just saying it like a one-liner. :D 

Edited by kaz

Pretty much what I've been saying all along.  You can make a next gen game, and downscale it to last gen.... all it takes is budget and time.  If a developer is willing to invest in both, then you can have both.

32 minutes ago, kaz said:

I asked you to leave sw quietly and nicely numerous times. Just go away and stop misquoting my shit, you little sad worm. :D 

PS: don't make this an jerry argument, nobody cares, I was just saying it like a one-liner. :D 

post his entire quote.

starts whining and says that i misquoted him.

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

Pretty much what I've been saying all along.  You can make a next gen game, and downscale it to last gen.... all it takes is budget and time.  If a developer is willing to invest in both, then you can have both.

thats not as applicable for BF though. The mp maps for example might be bigger on the new consoles with more players but they still need to be designed for the last gen ones. And while there could be big destruction events, they won’t be as impressive because the last gen consoles need to be able to handle those physics.