Jeff Grubb - "Starfield is exclusive to Xbox and PC. Period."

Not a surprise to anyone with a brain.  I think the only games you can expect to get on PS5 are the ones that were already announced specifically for it.

Elder Scrolls 6 and Doom and the others will be the same thing.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

343 Industries       Bethesda Game Studios     The Coalition     Compulsion Games     Double Fine  

MS' first party is fine.  Better than PS overall if I'm honest.   Forza > GT Halo > Killzone Gears > Uncharted   Hellblade is good DOOM is good Elder S

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

Elder Scrolls 6 and Doom and the others will be the same thing.

No fucking way. :D Missing out on the biggest platform for these expensive AAA games is out of the question. At best you can expect timed exclusivity, but they'll port them on Playstation down the line, unless they hate making money and want Bethesda to bleed red for a while.

Starfield might be the only exception because we don't know what it's like yet. But DOOM or Elderscrolls/Fallout missing out on million of potential consumers would be incredibly dumb, the games will barely break even without Playstation. Do you even realize those Bethesda RPGs have like 5 years development time span at the bare minimum? They are some of the most expensive productions in gaming next to Rockstar.

Unless they are cheapen out on the games and intend to release games as service trash that suck on day one. Kinda like Fallout 76, or something along that nature.

27 minutes ago, Ramza said:

No fucking way. :D Missing out on the biggest platform for these expensive AAA games is out of the question. At best you can expect timed exclusivity, but they'll port them on Playstation down the line, unless they hate making money and want Bethesda to bleed red for a while.

Starfield might be the only exception because we don't know what it's like yet. But DOOM or Elderscrolls/Fallout missing out on million of potential consumers would be incredibly dumb, the games will barely break even without Playstation. Do you even realize those Bethesda RPGs have like 5 years development time span at the bare minimum? They are some of the most expensive productions in gaming next to Rockstar.

Unless they are cheapen out on the games and intend to release games as service trash that suck on day one. Kinda like Fallout 76, or something along that nature.

lmfao nope.  ES6 and Doom will be exclusive.

They want GAMEPASS homie... 

Phil already spelled this out but idiots don't seem to get it :D 

• aitch 1
35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I don't see these missing PS5, especially when you look at just how much more the average multiplat is selling on it compared to the Series S/X version.

Yea..bu but those PS gamers will just buy the games on PC... since they all have PCs too :awww: 

:geese: 

• Haha 1

LOL, who the hell is that guy?

If he is not a current Xbox executive, no scratch that, Xbox Division or straight-up Microsoft top management executive declaring it...........then his words ain't worth shit.

9 hours ago, Remij said:

lmfao nope.  ES6 and Doom will be exclusive.

They want GAMEPASS homie... 

Phil already spelled this out but idiots don't seem to get it :D 

What do you mean they want Gamepass? Do you even realize how insignificant GP revenue is compared to a full priced game selling a few million copies in it's first month on the market alone.

Just now, Ramza said:

What do you mean they want Gamepass? Do you even realize how insignificant GP revenue is compared to a full priced game selling a few million copies in it's first month on the market alone.

MS is willing to take any losses to grow Game Pass.  It's that simple.  Phil even said it.  The entire reason they are doing this is Game Pass.  You don't spend 7.5B on an acquisition to grow a service, and then offer the game on other more popular platforms which don't have that service... lmfao

Elder Scrolls 6 is not coming to Playstation.  Book it.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

On the GamesBeat Decides podcast, in response to a fan asking when the next Battlefield game will be shown, Grubb instantly responded with one word: "May." When pressed by his cohosts, Grubb "added some color" in his own words to his initial claim, stating that it's "probably May." "Things are still fluid," the reporter said. "They haven't announced anything publicly yet, but my understanding is they're probably looking at May."

Sounds like he wasn't completely wrong at all and never said it would definitively be shown this month.

Got anything else :roll: 

Just now, Remij said:

MS is willing to take any losses to grow Game Pass.  It's that simple.  Phil even said it.  The entire reason they are doing this is Game Pass.  You don't spend 7.5B on an acquisition to grow a service, and then offer the game on other more popular platforms which don't have that service... lmfao

Elder Scrolls 6 is not coming to Playstation.  Book it.

I understand they are willing to not be profitable for a while as long as GP grows, but losing that much sounds really insane. 

They spent billion on Minecraft and it remained multiplat.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I understand they are willing to not be profitable for a while as long as GP grows, but losing that much sounds really insane. 

They spent billion on Minecraft and it remained multiplat.

Minecraft is completely different.  That game was a phenomenon, and MS obviously understood that, and understood the importance in keeping it open to everything.  Some things are just like that.

ES6 and DOOM, despite being popular, aren't even close to that.  You don't get people coming to Xbox platforms, and coming to Game Pass... if you offer these games elsewhere.

And yes... it is insane.. for most companies.. but not a company like MS that can essentially eat the costs like they were nothing.  Every thing they do now is with the intent of pushing Game Pass.  They will be procuring more exclusive content for Game Pass in the future too.  Countless people in the industry have said MS is all in on that... so releasing all these games elsewhere is counter intuitive to that goal.

38 minutes ago, Remij said:

On the GamesBeat Decides podcast, in response to a fan asking when the next Battlefield game will be shown, Grubb instantly responded with one word: "May." When pressed by his cohosts, Grubb "added some color" in his own words to his initial claim, stating that it's "probably May." "Things are still fluid," the reporter said. "They haven't announced anything publicly yet, but my understanding is they're probably looking at May."

Sounds like he wasn't completely wrong at all and never said it would definitively be shown this month.

Got anything else :roll: 

That article is from march but earlier this month he straight up said he expected it to be revealed 'this week'. Im trusting anything this guy says with a grain of salt.

Battlefield Reveal Expected to Occur This Week (futuregamereleases.com)

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Minecraft is completely different.  That game was a phenomenon, and MS obviously understood that, and understood the importance in keeping it open to everything.  Some things are just like that.

ES6 and DOOM, despite being popular, aren't even close to that.  You don't get people coming to Xbox platforms, and coming to Game Pass... if you offer these games elsewhere.

And yes... it is insane.. for most companies.. but not a company like MS that can essentially eat the costs like they were nothing.  Every thing they do now is with the intent of pushing Game Pass.  They will be procuring more exclusive content for Game Pass in the future too.  Countless people in the industry have said MS is all in on that... so releasing all these games elsewhere is counter intuitive to that goal.

I know MS war chest is something else, but that's still a bit much even for them. I don't think they could continue running Bethesda in it's current form for very long if they don't make any significant profits for years after the acquisition.

Maybe you're right to some extent, I can see them try and if things don't go their way, they can always port the games later. Starfield is probably a test to see if it's viable. With that said I'll stick with my assumption that those games will simply be timed exclusives. Basically one year on Gamepass/Xbox/PC, it gives the same incentive for people to subscribe to GP or buy the game on Xbox ecosystem, while not taking as much financial risks. I mean Bethesda timed exclusivity would be a big deal, I know if I was still a PS fanboy and I saw that I'd be super pissed, they are one of my favorite gaming company with some of the best IPs.

There's no need to keep them exclusives forever, just like how they are doing with the majority of their first party games. I don't see why MS all of a sudden would change their tactic, which isn't banking on exclusivity at all. Sounds like fanboys hopes and dreams to me.

Bethesda/Zenimax acquisition is valued at 7.5 BILLION dollars.

Microsoft is the one who determined that valuation...........y'know...........because they agreed to PAY FOR IT.

The entire reason why Bethesda/Zenimax is worth that much is because Bethesda games, especially Fallout and essssspecially Skyrim, sold assloads of copies on consoles other than Xbox.

So Microsoft is basically going to tell their stockholders "yeah, we determined that Bethsda/Zenimax was worth $7.5 Billion........but won't get $7.5 Billion worth of production from their IPs because we're purposely limiting them."

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Microsoft is the one who determined that valuation...........y'know...........because they agreed to PAY FOR IT.

The entire reason why Bethesda/Zenimax is worth that much is because Bethesda games, especially Fallout and essssspecially Skyrim, sold assloads of copies on consoles other than Xbox.

So Microsoft is basically going to tell their stockholders "yeah, we determined that Bethsda/Zenimax was worth $7.5 Billion........but won't get $7.5 Billion worth of production from their IPs because we're purposely limiting them."

Agreed. They know those games will make way too much returns on other platforms, especially the PS5. They will take advantage of the fact that they are running the show, you can expect some form of exclusivity here and there. Especially for Gamepass but that's about it. They will be ported elsewhere down the line.

We need to find how much previous Bethesda RPGs or big games like DOOM sold on Playstation systems alone. 

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Phil already completely debunked your retarded theory.  He already stated that they don't need to release on other platforms in order to make that deal work for them.

Sweetie... don't worry about how Phil is spending that money.  Money that you.. 2 years ago.. would have said Phil would NEVER get from MS.

Phil convinced Nadella... he doesn't need to convince YOU :omglol: