ngl Resident Evil Villiage is pretty shit

This franchise needs a 100 percent reboot going forward. Story, gameplay, world, characters, everything. It's so unsalvageable  at this point. It's trying to be RE4 and RE7 and is fucking awful at being both.

I've gotten 3/4 parts of Rose and i'm finding the lack of urge to complete it. The begining at castle dimitrescu up until the end of Benevetos mansion was pretty decent, but ever since then it's been just unfun and uninteresting. The last boss i fought with that big demon chasing you shooting acid rain was fucking abysmal.

Returnal legit takes massive wet dumps all over it

Edited by Delita

Honestly... it's a good game.. but yea, after thinking about the entire thing more... it's not a good Resident Evil game.  Neither is 7.

Both fine games on their own... but as far as RE goes... they're veering off too far.

I swear if RE9 gets revealed and there's like 5 characters shown and they're obviously the bosses of the game... I'm going to be pissed lmfao.  Also, I don't want any more "stalking from room to room" type enemies/bosses.  It's cool, but Capcom is CLEARLY just reusing that concept over and over again.. and each time they do, it gets less and less involved/interesting/scary.

Resident Evil games need:

-A good interesting protagonist

-Foreboding atmosphere

-Slower paced movement

-Intricate level design that unlocks like a puzzle box

-Puzzles and completely nonsensical mechanisms to unlock even the most simple of things

-Umbrella

They need to reboot the franchise.  I think the RE7/8 games were necessary though.  Capcom are trying new things which is nice.  But they need to come back around to the essence of the franchise on their own terms.

As for RE Village, I don't want to speak in details before finishing the game but so far it's not doing anything particularly well, the RE4 elements doesn't make it a fun action game, nor are the RE7 design choices as good as they should be. The two gameplay styles clashes with one another which greatly affects the tone and the horror.

I don't think the game is trash but it sure as fuck is disappointing. I expected a masterclass game, not something that fumbles often, especially with things I take for granted in a RE game. 

It doesn't help that the action is way too easy and you don't have to worry too much about your resources.

And is it just me, or this game is trying so hard to be Dark Souls? The village main hub, the environments, the NPC vendor with few lines, even the stupid looking monsters. That's all I can think of, I'm playing Dark Souls with guns and that's not a compliment. 

I thought it was a solid 8/10 but it could definitely have been more. I thought some of the new additions were cool at first but the open village with the hidden treasure, hunting, and other distractions doesn't actually benefit the game overall. They need to go back to the straightforward but consistently intense pacing of RE2 remake and RE7.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Bodycount_ said:

re2 remake is the best game in the series as of now 

Nah. Re remake is the best.  The tank controls take a bit to get used to, but damn...that game still oozes atmosphere and dread. 

Not related to this discussion, but this little dev video is a pretty insightful watch. It sounds like just last year the game was in real bad shape, like their entire QA department thought the combat was absolute trash so they had to re design a lot of it

^^ don't take lostfool seriously, he just says the opposite of everyones opinion just for the sake of it.  I love him but don't encourage him.  :biggrin:

14 hours ago, kaz said:

^^ don't take lostfool seriously, he just says the opposite of everyones opinion just for the sake of it.  I love him but don't encourage him.  :biggrin:

Um no.... RE Village is the best Resident Evil.  I am actually playing through it again,  I've only done that with one other RE game and that is 4.  

• Haha 1