Horizon Forbidden West State of Play - May 27

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Why do you retards chomp at the bit and say dumb shit like this which is going to inevitably fuck you in the face... Like there's a 0% chance it won't, you're going to get face fucked...

None of those developers are any good

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TLHBR.    

Can't wait to see this one in motion. I expect the graphics to be incredible.

someone merged it. 

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Why do you retards chomp at the bit and say dumb shit like this which is going to inevitably fuck you in the face...

If there's anybody who needs to be taking your advice, its you.

7 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Why do you retards chomp at the bit and say dumb shit like this which is going to inevitably fuck you in the face... Like there's a 0% chance it won't, you're going to get face fucked...

Man the lack of self awareness by you is astounding.  Take your own advice bucko

Been watching this a few more times, and I'm liking it more and more the more I do.  There's a lot of stuff here that's clearly next level compared to the original game, and Guerrilla have definitely upped their game.  I did noticed quite a bit of pop-in that I didn't the first couple times.. but of course now at this point I'm really focusing on looking for certain things.  It's not that things really "pop in"... but rather fade and blend in.  Actually happens extremely close to the camera, but they do a very good job of masking it.

I'm liking the destruction elements and hope there's lots of stuff like that littered around the environment.  Would be cool if all throughout the game there are random pillar/columns that you can climb on to get higher up could be blown up by enemies as you're climbing, causing you to plummet down and take damage.

I really LOVE the design of those raptor dinos.  Fucking awesome stuff there... and the juxtaposition of the old and new tech mish-mashed together.  Similar to aspects of the first game, but expanded upon here.

Also, there's a lot of talk about Aloy's character model and people saying she's fat in the face, but I dunno.. I think the character model looks so much better in pretty much every aspect.  The shaders are on another level and so is the animation and rigging.  I think this is the most impressive character rendering in a game seen yet.

My biggest issues with this demo so far, are issues with their depth of field causing artifacting around think transparent alphas, like the hair.. as well as some shadow cascading artifacts as well.  There's also some issue with the hair physics clipping through Aloy's outfit in certain shots at asll... but that's to be expected really.  The dithering on the hair in the water is also a negative, but I do agree that it does move and react nicely.. so it's just a small nitpick.

The sand deformation is awesome especially when the tremor tusk is firing it's lasers.  I love the effects they have with the sand getting parted.  Looks very slick in motion.

Will be interesting to see the PS4 and PS5 versions compared to see what concessions they make for the PS4 version.