DF Direct Special: Halo Infinite Technical Preview Tested on Xbox Series X|S, PC, Xbox One X|S

• Visuals/audio seem significantly refined vs last year's showing
  • Multiplayer maps have excellent indirect lighting, but probably won't be what we see in the campaign since they're static and don't need to account for time a day
  • Materials look a lot better due to screen space reflections
  • Managed to create very nice looking materials/structures, while retaining great readability
  • New weapon models look great
  • Very encouraged by what they're seeing
  • AI may be something very special, going by how bots behave in the flight
  • Uses dynamic resolution scaling
  • 1800p-2160p in 60fps mode on Series X
  • 1080p-1440p in 120fps mode on Series X
  • 1080p in 60fps mode on Series S, but can drop below it a bit
  • 720p in 120fps mode on Series S, with drops to 540p
  • 720p at 30fps on One S, with drops to 540p
  • One S has muddier ground textures and lacks screen space reflections, and generally has less detail all around
  • 2160p at 30fps on One X, with drops to 1800p
  • 60fps mode on Series S|X is near-locked
  • 120fps mode on Series S|X varies between ~100-120fps. Great with VRR
  • Series S actually gets closer to 120fps lock than Series X
  • One X runs at a pretty solid 30fps
  • One S has many frame pacing issues at 30fps
  • PC version doesn't appear to utilize the GPU to full extent in this state.
  • PC version has performance issues in current state; difficulty retaining 60fps at 4K with a GTX 3090.
  • PC version framerate cap doesn't function correctly. Caps at 1-2 frames less than 60hz/120hz, causing stutter.
  • They're confident these PC issues will be corrected by launch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Am I correct that this multiplayer mode was developed separately from the single-player? So we don't know if they share the engine and are developed to have the same features?

:| 

Yes they share the same engine... and yes they share the same features :snoop: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

:| 

Yes they share the same engine... and yes they share the same features :snoop: 

What? So the single player is going to look that underwhelming?:drake:

Alright, I was giving it more leeway than you are, apparently.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

What? So the single player is going to look that underwhelming?:drake:

Alright, I was giving it more leeway than you are, apparently.

No, you asked a stupid question and obviously did so with the intention of trying to troll.

And you failed.

You always ask the dumbest questions :D 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

No, you asked a stupid question and obviously did so with the intention of trying to troll.

And you failed.

You always ask the dumbest questions :D 

I actually asked it with the premise that the multiplayer was the uglier looking, lower-tech development. And the single-player might actually look better.

You are literally so butthurt that you just argued AGAINST that.

Okay.....................we'll go with your claim. The single-player will look like this.:tom: Notice how I'm quickly acquiescing, that's how obvious of a fuckup you made.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I actually asked it with the premise that the multiplayer was the uglier looking, lower-tech development. And the single-player might actually look better.

You are literally so butthurt that you just argued AGAINST that.

Okay.....................we'll go with your claim. The single-player will look like this.:tom: Notice how I'm quickly acquiescing, that's how obvious of a fuckup you made.

And that's why it was stupid.

And the tech preview looks great.  It's a 120fps mode... btw.

I correctly called you out as an idiot troll... who asks stupid questions... so he can respond with a lame trolling attempt.

So yea... we're going with that.. :hest: 

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

And that's why it was stupid.

And the tech preview looks great.

I correctly called you out as an idiot troll... who asks stupid questions... so he can respond with a lame trolling attempt.

So yea... we're going with that.. :hest: 

No it doesn't.

Which is why I was hoping out for more in the single player by insinuating that the engines aren't going to be exactly 100% the same between both developments.

Sorry...........you now doing mental gymnastics, and just pretending to be delusional isn't going to work.

You're so butthurt, that you literally argued yourself into lowered graphical expectations for Halo's single-player.

Oh my god.........I'm actually quite proud I've got you whipped that good.:drake: I'm going to be equally proud seeing you try and convince yourself you didn't do that.

No it doesn't.

Which is why I was hoping out for more in the single player by insinuating that the engines aren't going to be exactly 100% the same between both developments.

Sorry...........you now doing mental gymnastics, and just pretending to be delusional isn't going to work.

You're so butthurt, that you literally argued yourself into lowered graphical expectations for Halo's single-player.

Oh my god.........I'm actually quite proud I've got you whipped that good.:drake: I'm going to be equally proud seeing you try and convince yourself you didn't do that.

Yes it does.

You're in a thread where DF even says so.

You're a lame troll... who doesn't game anyway :pavarotti: 

Just now, Remij said:

Yes it does.

You're in a thread where DF even says so.

You're a lame troll... who doesn't game anyway :pavarotti: 

DF also says that Ratchet & Clank is the best looking game.

So thanks for that.

And you know you fucked up, because you're know trying to move onto your backup whines. LOL

Oh man, I got you whipped good. I literally made you argue into having lowered expectations for Halo's single player.

Just now, jehurey said:

DF also says that Ratchet & Clank is the best looking game.

So thanks for that.

And you know you fucked up, because you're know trying to move onto your backup whines. LOL

Oh man, I got you whipped good. I literally made you argue into having lowered expectations for Halo's single player.

No they didn't.  They did not say those words at all.

They said it's one of the best looking games.  And I agree... it's ONE of the best.

It's hilarious that DF smacked you and your retarded loaded questions down, before you even asked it.  I love that :tom: 

Just now, Twinblade said:

Multiplayer always looks worse than single player. This should be obvious by now.

I literally tried to say that the single-player SHOULD be able to look better because its not exactly going to be the same exact engine and features....clearly implying that single-player could have better, or more advanced graphical features.

Dumbass Beggij just argued against me, on butthurt-impluse apparently, and said that isn't the case.

Oh well.:shrug:

Just now, Remij said:

No they didn't.  They did not say those words at all.

They said it's one of the best looking games.  And I agree... it's ONE of the best.

It's hilarious that DF smacked you and your retarded loaded questions down, before you even asked it.  I love that :tom: 

No, they are clearly saying that its the best looking game.

You're now trying to change the topic into talking exclusively about Ratchet & Clank..............holy shit, you're still mad about that, two months later?

I literally tried to say that the single-player SHOULD be able to look better because its not exactly going to be the same exact engine and features....clearly implying that single-player could have better, or more advanced graphical features.

Dumbass Beggij just argued against me, on butthurt-impluse apparently, and said that isn't the case.

Oh well.:shrug:

I did nothing but call out your stupid loaded question about it being the same engine or not...

And you're agreeing now with Twinblade that your question was stupid... :tom: 

I love it :hest: 

No, they are clearly saying that its the best looking game.

You're now trying to change the topic into talking exclusively about Ratchet & Clank..............holy shit, you're still mad about that, two months later?

You brought up Ratchet idiot... because I owned your ass about being in a thread where DF is saying the exact opposite from what you are :tom: 

Just now, Remij said:

I did nothing but call out your stupid loaded question about it being the same engine or not...

And you're agreeing now with Twinblade that your question was stupid... :tom: 

I love it :hest: 

No. I was literally telling twinblade that my question specifically gives Halo's singleplayer the benefit of the doubt to LOOK BETTER graphically, by coming to same conclusion that he did.

Multiplayer isn't developed the same, graphically, as single-player.

Its a loaded question.................to give the single-player HIGHER EXPECTATIONS.

You know you fucked up........and you know I caught you looking butthurt and arguing impulsively.

You're not getting out of this. You messed up and made me laugh at you harder than even I was expecting.:drake: