We're getting a taste of Florida starting this weekend

6 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

So when do meteorologists stop tracking a storm?

Btw, do you live in CT?

Spend less time on SW and actually watch the news and maybe you would have seen the forecasts :umad:

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Again twinblade that's not how the weather forecast works.  How can you be in your 30s and be this clueless about the weather? 

The news reporting that henri was a category 1 is not fake news... At the time it was.  Late that night it downgraded to a tropical storm... The news did report on that as well. 

Not because the storm slowed down means the news was fake... They reported what was true at the time and when the facts changed because the storm changed it was reported. 

As far as Ida, a quick Google search shows that CT was expecting the remnants to be bad.... Seems like you missed all that coverage just like how you missed the updates on henri. 

And then chalking it up to fake news based on your ignorance. 

Experts From different outlets. 

"The state will be under a flash flood warning for 24 hours beginning at 2 p.m. today as the remnants of Hurricane Ida are expected to deluge the area" 

"Manchester Fire-Rescue-EMS Chief Daniel French said there’s a strong chance of flooding in town, given the predicted saturation rate, and that residents living in low-lying areas should be prepared to evacuate if necessary." 

NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) -- With the remnants of Ida making its way into the state, there’s the potential for very heavy rain and some serious flooding Wednesday night into Thursday.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/connecticut-residents-get-ready-for-rain-from-ida/2573352/

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-ida-northeast-flooding-20210902-7sxi5laptjaafmqney257uvn7q-story.html   "In a region that had been warned about potentially deadly flash

So can you explain why there was almost no coverage of ida’s remnants in my area even though it turned out to be far more deadly and catastrophic? The stream of inconsistency and misleading informatio

exactly. they done gone goofed. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

What the duck does that have to do with Ida hitting the Northeast?

Or are you trying to steer the topic again?

A common tactic of yours once you know you are about to get raped?

How am I being raped, considering that you're the one who is too stupid to understand basic weather forecasting.

We're talking about hurricanes, so I brought up an article about an interesting thing regarding Ida that nobody really noticed.

Ida, technically, was a stronger hurricane than Katrina, but New Orleans didn't get much damage because the levees held up........and that is because the Army corps or engineers did something above standard recommendation when they rebuilt the levees back in 2006.

2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Let me ask you again.

Do you live in CT?

Sweetie...........if you're trying to "catch me" with something, just go ahead and blurt out whatever smoking gun of a statement you think you going to say to completely "rape me."

I'm not going to put any work into helping you set up your punchline, rubberdub.

Just now, jehurey said:

How am I being raped, considering that you're the one who is too stupid to understand basic weather forecasting.

We're talking about hurricanes, so I brought up an article about an interesting thing regarding Ida that nobody really noticed.

Ida, technically, was a stronger hurricane than Katrina, but New Orleans didn't get much damage because the levees held up........and that is because the Army corps or engineers did something above standard recommendation when they rebuilt the levees back in 2006.

Yes Ida in New Orleans not in Connecticut.

Are you really this dense?

Wait, if I am too stupid to understand basic weather forecasts, what do you think about local authorities that didn't do anything?

Yes Ida in New Orleans not in Connecticut.

Are you really this dense?

Wait, if I am too stupid to understand basic weather forecasts, what do you think about local authorities that didn't do anything?

Nobody cares about Connecticut.

Ida has to power to kill thousands of people in New Orleans, if New Orleans doesn't prepare itself.

New Orleans is associated with Hurricane destruction.

Connecticut isn't.

I really don't know who it is you're trying to blame for Hurricane Ida in Connecticut, but its clear that you REALLY ARE TRYING to find SOMEBODY to blame.

Texas had a frozen storm here back in February...........do you see me going around saying "HOW COME PERRRPLE IN NEWWWWWWW YORK DINT TELL US!!!!!!" :lemming: like a fucking retard?

That'd look pretty stupid if I did that, right?

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nobody cares about Connecticut.

Ida has to power to kill thousands of people in New Orleans, if New Orleans doesn't prepare itself.

New Orleans is associated with Hurricane destruction.

Connecticut isn't.

I really don't know who it is you're trying to blame for Hurricane Ida in Connecticut, but its clear that you REALLY ARE TRYING to find SOMEBODY to blame.

Texas had a frozen storm here back in February...........do you see me going around saying "HOW COME PERRRPLE IN NEWWWWWWW YORK DINT TELL US!!!!!!" :lemming: like a fucking retard?

That'd look pretty stupid if I did that, right?

Yep, you are absolutely dense.

Yep, you are absolutely dense.

so like...........are you saying we need to explain to you what happens when it rains?

i mean, i guess i could send you a pamphlet or something, if you really need it.

55 minutes ago, jehurey said:

so like...........are you saying we need to explain to you what happens when it rains?

i mean, i guess i could send you a pamphlet or something, if you really need it.

Read the first message from this thread.

I don't even know why you keep mentioning New Orleans.

Nobody fucking cares but you.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-ida-northeast-flooding-20210902-7sxi5laptjaafmqney257uvn7q-story.html

"In a region that had been warned about potentially deadly flash flooding but hadn’t braced for such a blow from the no-longer-hurricane, the storm killed at least 45 people from Maryland to Connecticut on Wednesday night and Thursday morning."

The National Hurricane Center had warned since Tuesday of the potential for “significant and life-threatening flash flooding” and moderate and major river flooding in the mid-Atlantic region and New England.

Still, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said the storm’s strength took them by surprise.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't even know what the fuck you guys are arguing about, but as somebody that has to deal with hurricanes on a fairly consistent basis the only go-to is the NHC. There's always fear mongering about storms from news channels and nobody is going to be faster than the agency that supplies the news channels with the data and models.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Check there every 3 hours when a hurricane is heading your way and you'll be informed.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Hot Sauce said:

I don't even know what the fuck you guys are arguing about, but as somebody that has to deal with hurricanes on a fairly consistent basis the only go-to is the NHC. There's always fear mongering about storms from news channels and nobody is going to be faster than the agency that supplies the news channels with the data and models.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Check there every 3 hours when a hurricane is heading your way and you'll be informed.

Truth 

Whenever you see 6 hour storm advisories (5am/11am/5pm/11pm), they come straight from the NHC. Meteorologists do not create those fancy projected paths, or the cones of concern. The meteorologist merely explains the impact of them and potential variables. 

On 2021-08-22 at 5:56 PM, Twinblade said:

The worst is over and it practically had no effect on CT, even though our local news hyped it up 

On 2021-09-03 at 10:19 AM, Twinblade said:

So can you explain why there was almost no coverage of ida’s remnants in my area even though it turned out to be far more deadly and catastrophic? 

Since my original response to this thread "mysteriously" disappeared (again) lol 

Forecasting and predicting the future are two completely different things and it's shocking that some adults seem incapable of understanding this.

This is why climate environmentalists can seem alarmist. It only takes a couple of degrees or slight wind changes or nautual topography to decrease or increase the power of a weather phenomenona. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Since my original response to this thread "mysteriously" disappeared (again) lol 

Forecasting and predicting the future are two completely different things and it's shocking that some adults seem incapable of understanding this.

This is why climate environmentalists can seem alarmist. It only takes a couple of degrees or slight wind changes or nautual topography to decrease or increase the power of a weather phenomenona. 

Nobody here is arguing about predicting the future.

We are talking about how weather forecasts didn't seem so alarmed about Ida and local authorities didn't take measures either.

Unless you live in CT, then stfu.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

Nobody here is arguing about predicting the future.

We are talking about how weather forecasts didn't seem so alarmed about Ida and local authorities didn't take measures either.

Unless you live in CT, then stfu.

ITT our resident idiots from CT complained about people doing too much, and also doing too little in relation to some storms. It's what happens in places that don't regularly get weather to those extreme degrees. Go jerk off to some old OXM mags or something. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

ITT our resident idiots from CT complained about people doing too much, and also doing too little in relation to some storms. It's what happens in places that don't regularly get weather to those extreme degrees. Go jerk off to some old OXM mags or something. 

What the fuck are the weather forecasters for?

Or to be more accurate, where the fuck are our local authorities?

That's why I keep saying, if you are in CT.