Psychonauts 2 - 9/10 GameSpot.. 89 meta

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No politics in the gaming threads. 

huh? 88 >87  https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/ratchet-clank-rift-apart https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-series-x/psychonauts-2?ref=hp

Guess what's the only system you can play ALL these banger platformers on 

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

lol he could've just celebrated the game, but instead he reminds people that he's STILL butthurt about Ratchet & Clank.

And you just reminded everyone you're STILL butthurt about me :tom: 

18 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

How's Ratchet's BC mode on PC or Xbox :takei:

The game where graphics actually matters :whew:

EDIT: can someone tell me how we do spoiler tags now since [spoiler][/spoiler] doesnt work anymore

You're right.. the graphics are all that actually matters in R&C :pavarotti:

:face: 

❤️

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Two AA's all of a sudden, 12 minutes and now Psychonauts 2.

Let's also not forget MS Flight Sim.

12m and Psychonauts 2 are AAAs :reg: 

MSFS 2020 as well, and FH5 and Halo Infinite coming up :wow2: 

• aitch 1
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Gonna be funny when Halo is worst reviewed MS first party of the year :tom:

Nah, I gotta have faith :mjcry:

I think they'll pull through.  The tech preview was fun as fuck.  I think this campaign will be the best Halo campaign in ages.

GS - 9/10

IGN - 8/10

Meta - 89

(I'll probably get fucked.. but I'ma ride or die :datass:

FH5 will be the best reviewed MS game though this year I'm pretty certain.

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Nah, I gotta have faith :mjcry:

I think they'll pull through.  The tech preview was fun as fuck.  I think this campaign will be the best Halo campaign in ages.

GS - 9/10

IGN - 8/10

Meta - 89

(I'll probably get fucked.. but I'ma ride or die :datass:

FH5 will be the best reviewed MS game though this year I'm pretty certain.

You have no idea how much I hope you are right lol....but 343 :mjcry:

I also think people are VERY VERY VERY hungry for it to be good, which I think will work in it's favour.

I'm a little less optimistic about the campaign though, mostly given it's switch to semi open world and side objectives and all that, but we will see.

FH5 should be a guaranteed meta AAA unless ppl start mentioning a fatigue to the formula. 

12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You have no idea how much I hope you are right lol....but 343 :mjcry:

I also think people are VERY VERY VERY hungry for it to be good, which I think will work in it's favour.

I'm a little less optimistic about the campaign though, mostly given it's switch to semi open world and side objectives and all that, but we will see.

FH5 should be a guaranteed meta AAA unless ppl start mentioning a fatigue to the formula. 

Yea, it's hard to have confidence in them when they keep disappointing in certain aspects.

I think the switch to the semi-open nature of the campaign is what will help it.  I know that on one hand it allows them to change things up a bit and give the player some more freedom in how much they discover.. and I think it should turn out fairly well for them if they give good items, lore and story reasons for searching out and completing side objectives.  If it's just "clear this encampment" or that type shit over and over again with no return value, then there will be a problem.  I think they'll have a sensible balance though.  I think that the game focusing on Master Chief and seemingly having more interesting side characters like the Pilot guy.. will go a long way right there into people enjoying the campaign more than Halo 5.

As long as what they release is polished and works well... then I see the game doing well.  Like you said, people want Halo to be good.  The MP portion I am convinced will be excellent.. so overall I'm pretty confident in that.  The only thing which remains to be seen is if reviewers will deduct for omitting things like Campaign Co-p and Forge at launch.  It could definitely affect the score for some reviewers.

As for Forza Horizon 5... I'm not going to lie.. I'm wondering myself when is going to be the time that Forza Fatigue starts to set in and reviewers say "It's more Forza Horizon.. looks amazing, plays great... but you've played this before"...  It definitely could happen.  Hard to say... but I don't think this will be the time.  I think reviewers will see it for what it is.. and that's likely the best racing/driving game on the planet.

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1

MS 1st party killing it this year. GamePass on FIRE this year. I tried playing the original Pshyconauts and its dated junk, but i watched a bit on the GB quicklook of 2 and it looks really fun. Gonna bounce between this and scarlet until Lordza comes out.

This year is the best year for MS in a long bit.