Windows 11: Free release scheduled for October 5th

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Win 10 is awful.  I suspect 11 will be much the same.  Downgraded to the last good windows (7).  

I agree, windows 7 was the new xp. Never had problems with either versions. 10 can suck my ass with all these bullshit features and setting up garbage I don't want

Windows 10 felt like one of those craptastic slav games you see on Steam for $1. Poorly programmed, badly designed and only exists to exploit you.   In fact I’d actually trust one of those “

1 hour ago, lostfool said:

Win 10 is awful.  I suspect 11 will be much the same.  Downgraded to the last good windows (7).  

So instead of using two perfectly fine operating systems you decided it was a better decision to downgrade to something that has no security protocols anymore and all of your information is at severe risk. Rocket scientists up in here.

2 hours ago, lostfool said:

I agree, windows 7 was the new xp. Never had problems with either versions. 10 can suck my ass with all these bullshit features and setting up garbage I don't want

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

So instead of using two perfectly fine operating systems you decided it was a better decision to downgrade to something that has no security protocols anymore and all of your information is at severe risk. Rocket scientists up in here.

They are far from perfectly fine and a lot of people hate W10 and if you’re using W10 chances are your information is at risk anyway.

3 hours ago, kaz said:

Its because you dont own the OS. You have a license to use their software but its Microsofts computer.

Well it used to be just their OS but now I think computer is more fitting. What we saw with 10 which looks to continue in 11 is Microsoft pulling more control of the device away from the user and into their hands. Apple is the same, they have the final say on the entire device.

“you’ll own nothing and you’ll be happy”

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You'd have to be retarded to still be using W7. Maybe it'll take you being hacked and your finances stolen to realize upgrading is a necessity nowadays.

yea, that's like the only reason I upgraded but I still hate 10 for shoving shit in my face all the time. At least the first few months after a clean install. You have to admit they have many useless garbage features nobody wants

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, kaz said:

yea, that's like the only reason I upgraded but I still hate 10 for shoving shit in my face all the time. At least the first few months after a clean install. You have to admit they have many useless garbage features nobody wants

You can uninstall or disable almost anything in W10 though. Its really much different nowadays then it was when it first came out.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

You can uninstall or disable almost anything in W10 though. Its really much different nowadays then it was when it first came out.

And Windows 11 is essentially the exact same OS... with a new updated look and some added functionality.

LMAO these clowns being all concerned and shit about their info... that MS and Google, and Apple, and every other fucking company have a sell to each other anyway... :tom: 

Windows 11 has been solid.. and I think it will be a pretty seamless transition for most people.

And it updates SO fast now compared to how Win10 did in the early days.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Teams, Edge, other such trash. Sometimes they even put it back on your PC.

Kaz is right. Microsoft straight up fucked my PC like they fucked a lemkid waiting on an AAA exclusive with an update earlier this year, but hey I noticed a new news & weather feature on the taskbar which I never asked for. Totally worth it, thanks MIcrosoft!

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

I have plenty of protection set up.  I am not a fucking half retard like most hermslobs.  

19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

No, no you do not. Running a defunct version of Windows online is quite possibly one of the dumbest things you could ever do security wise.

One of the worst things you could do security wise is running Windows and Microsoft software.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

6 hours ago, Remij said:

And Windows 11 is essentially the exact same OS... with a new updated look and some added functionality.

LMAO these clowns being all concerned and shit about their info... that MS and Google, and Apple, and every other fucking company have a sell to each other anyway... :tom: 

Windows 11 has been solid.. and I think it will be a pretty seamless transition for most people.

And it updates SO fast now compared to how Win10 did in the early days.

I believe you, don't get me wrong but it shoves all these bs features in your face all the time until they finally leave you alone. I disabled every notification but this stupid OS still had the audicity to remind me of some bs updates for ONEDRIVE I dont even want to use in game playing dota. basically fucking up everything i worked for the last 20 min in one second. 

GOOD JOB WINSCHROTT

So I still regularly play Valorant and came across this which seems very interesting

Basically, their anti cheat system makes use of the TPM features in Windows 11 to prevent cheating. Hopefully other devs catch onto this and implement similar features for their own multiplayer games. If cheating in PC games becomes impossible in Windows 11 as a result of this then thats a very big positive in its favor.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

So I still regularly play Valorant and came across this which seems very interesting

Basically, their anti cheat system makes use of the TPM features in Windows 11 to prevent cheating. Hopefully other devs catch onto this and implement similar features for their own multiplayer games. If cheating in PC games becomes impossible in Windows 11 as a result of this then thats a very big positive in its favor.

their anti-cheat idea is laughable, doesn't prevent cheating at all and it's a legit pain in the ass. btw, just quit this game it's trash. 

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:
 If cheating in PC games becomes impossible in Windows 11 as a result of this then thats a very big positive in its favor.

Hmm, I wonder if Microsoft has finally found a system in which they have been able to block non-"Authentic" programs.

And that way, they can go back to selling MS Office programs for a flat-rate, and basically prevent stolen or illegal copies from being installed.

And this might help them with other developers, because they can promise Adobe that nobody can install a stolen/bootleg copy of Adobe Acrobat Professional and run them on Windows 11 PCs, therefore Adobe should now give Microsoft (and possibly the hardware makers that implemented this on their motherboards and CPUs) a small percentage for each copy of Adobe Acrobat Professional that they sell.

This would explain the "free copy" of Windows 11 for everybody who has the proper hardware, because they figure to now make up the money because people can no longer install bootleg copies of programs anymore, and they have to buy them from Microsoft at full price.

8 hours ago, kaz said:

their anti-cheat idea is laughable, doesn't prevent cheating at all and it's a legit pain in the ass. btw, just quit this game it's trash. 

Thats just flat out untrue. You'll find hackers and script kiddies in almost every major PC shooter nowadays but Valorant is practically untouched because of how strong their anti cheat is (even if its intrusive).