Major restock of PS5 occurring at US Gamestop stores this morning

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well....not like he’s busy playing his PS5 eh.   

Do you recommend one tho? I see you haven’t  played yours in months.   list of PS5 games Jerry has ever played: 

How fucking SAD that people have to take ban bets to get Jehurey to play a fucking game on a system he brags about owning and a game that he brags about  

Posted Images

Just now, ghostz life matters said:

No, you weren’t. Here you said all you have to do is beat it. Not show it :Jeff:

75aQK4g.jpg

this is some cowardly stuff, Jerry :mj:

No, you showed the PHOTO and said if I still HAD THE GAME.

So that was clearly meaning simply showing you that I HAD the game, still.

So, since you lost one week already............this NEW BET was for another week.

Take a photo of the SAME DISC, again, clearly showing I had it.

Meaning you lost TWO BAN BETS, each one of them a week..............for TWO WEEKS TOTAL.

You then said for me to "beat the game"

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, you showed the PHOTO and said if I still HAD THE GAME.

So that was clearly meaning simply showing you that I HAD the game, still.

So, since you lost one week already............this NEW BET was for another week.

Take a photo of the SAME DISC, again, clearly showing I had it.

Meaning you lost TWO BAN BETS, each one of them a week..............for TWO WEEKS TOTAL.

You then said for me to "beat the game"

75aQK4g.jpg

you said all you have to do is beat the game within a week :blessed:

75aQK4g.jpg

you said all you have to do is beat the game within a week :blessed:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafter what I just explained.

you are the one who first introduced the idea of me beating the game within a week.

I clearly proved that by showing your own post where you introduced that idea.

I explained to you............that you showed a photo of me showing that I had the disc.

And you asked "I wonder if he still has the game"

And I said "oh yeah, another week ban bet............which would mean you get banned for TWO FULL WEEKS because you lost TWO BAN BETS, each one of them a week, each."

Why would I drop the ONE WEEK ban bet that you've already lost?

1 minute ago, ghostz life matters said:

we’ll let the mods decide since you’ve alerted them of the ban bet already :blessed:

tick tick :smugcena:

there's nothing to decide.

I have, gracefully, absolved you of the very first ban bet that you lost.

I've allowed to have that one week ban wiped away.

There's only one bet.

I beat Ratchet & Clank PS5 before next Thursday evening...........you get banned for a full month.

You just tried to complicate and obfuscate that like a skeeeeeeerrrrrrrrred lil bitch.

Do you understand now, little doggy? Or do I need to dumb it down a little more for you?

judge-judy-times-up.gif

don't worry about it.

actually...............better yet, do worry about it:drake:

I'm going to watch the football game.

@Remij it’s on! :blessed: 

LOL seeing you two losers have a glimmer of hope reminded me of this scene:

coming-to-america-mortimer.gif

:kaz::kaz::kaz:

don't worry about it.

actually...............better yet, do worry about it:drake:

I'm going to watch the football game.

LOL seeing you two losers have a glimmer of hope reminded me of this scene:

coming-to-america-mortimer.gif

:kaz::kaz::kaz:

Football game isn’t on for 40 mins. We know what you’re going to do :smugcena:

Football game isn’t on for 40 mins. We know what you’re going to do :smugcena:

yeah watch the pregame.:yeshrug:

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's right...  now play that fucking game like you're being TOLT TO @jehurey :geese: 

I love how you don't even know if this gets to me, or not.

So......uh..........I'm going to play the prettiest looking game, that's actually been improved with a post-launch patch that introduced a new 40fps mode (so me waiting is actually rewarded)........on my gorgeous OLED tv?

I think the worst punishment that I'm going to suffer is me trying to WRAP my head around how exactly this is any remotely negative for me.

Maybe you're praying that I get a headache thinking about that.:drake:

yeah watch the pregame.:yeshrug:

I love how you don't even know if this gets to me, or not.

So......uh..........I'm going to play the prettiest looking game, that's actually been improved with a post-launch patch that introduced a new 40fps mode (so me waiting is actually rewarded)........on my gorgeous OLED tv?

I think the worst punishment that I'm going to suffer is me trying to WRAP my head around how exactly this is any remotely negative for me.

Maybe you're praying that I get a headache thinking about that.:drake:

You're going to watch the pre game of the jags vs bengals? the fuck is wrong with you? :tom:

and bragging about playing a 40fps game is an odd choice there, pal. 

Edited by ghostz life matters

You're going to watch the pre game of the jags vs bengals? the fuck is wrong with you? :tom:

and bragging about playing a 40fps game is an odd choice there, pal. 

No, because the 40fps has all of the graphical features of Ratchet & Clanks "graphics" mode and the same resolution...........but they squeeze a better, yet still stable framerate.

That was their "in between' mode that gives people everything from one gaming mode, and helps bring it close to the performance mode.

The console does this by going into 120Hz mode, so this requires a tv like the LG OLED, and will match up with their 40fps mode.

Why Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart's 40fps support is a potential game-changer

120Hz display technology gives developers more options.

Article by Richard Leadbetter, Technology Editor, Digital Foundry

Updated on 20 July 2021

A few weeks back, Insomniac patched Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart on PlayStation 5 to introduce a revised version of its 4K30 fidelity mode. Tapping into the capabilities of 120Hz displays, what the team delivered is a potential game-changer for console titles - a 40fps mode that looked just as good as the older 30fps offering, but running considerably more smoothly and feeling better to play. On the face of it, a bonus 10fps doesn't sound like a huge bump, but in actuality, it's a very big deal.

To explain why, we need to focus on why console games typically target 30fps or 60fps (though 120fps support is gaining traction). The reason is simple: consistency. At 60fps with v-sync engaged - as seen in Ratchet's performance modes - the game sends a new image to your display, synchronised with its refresh.

That's why 60fps looks so smooth and consistent, the game is matched with the refresh rate of the display, with a new frame delivered every 16.7ms. If that's not possible to hit, 30fps is the better bet. By synchronising the game update with every other screen refresh, you retain that consistency and the sense of fluidity - each new frame arrives with a consistent 33.3ms update. A 40fps mode on a 60Hz screen would not look great: new frames would arrive at 16.7ms or 33.3ms intervals. It would look jerky and inconsistent.

That's why 60fps or 30fps are the typical performance targets - so what's so special about Ratchet's new 40fps fidelity mode? Well, moving to a 120Hz display, the rules change. 40fps is every third refresh on a 120Hz panel. Rather than delivering an uneven 40fps at 16.7ms or 33.3ms intervals, every new frame is delivered consistently at 25ms instead. And here's the thing: while 45fps may sound like the mid-point between 30fps and 60fps, in frame-time terms that is not the case: 25ms sits precisely between 16.7ms and 33.3ms. It's how you might think 45fps should be.

And that's why Ratchet and Clank's 40fps mode impresses. Based on what we're seeing from the game, the standard 4K30 fidelity mode runs at maximum resolution with the full suite of visual effects. The 60fps alternative - performance RT mode - cuts down resolution dramatically, reduces the density of the more packed environments and also tweaks Ratchet's fur simulation. But from what we've seen, it looks like there's a fair amount of GPU and CPU overhead left over at 4K30 - enough actually run the game at 4K40, with only very slight, occasional dips in dynamic resolution that are essentially unnoticeable. In effect, performance is at a mid-point between fidelity and performance RT modes, but you don't lose any of the game's graphical features or much of the resolution if you opt for the 40fps fidelity mode instead. The cost of buy-in is the 120Hz display necessary to ensure consistent delivery of new frames every 25ms.

40fps is significantly faster, smoother, and there are also input lag benefits too. I tested this by pointing a 240fps camera at both screen and DualSense controller. I measured input lag by jumping 10 times and measuring the amount of frames between pressing the button and the character beginning the jump animation. I averaged the results and converted frame counts to milliseconds. The end-to-end latency measurements include display lag (I tested on a 48-inch LG CX in 4K HDR in Game Mode) and the results are surprising. The game code runs faster, cutting down latency while at the same time, the screen is refreshing more quickly at 120Hz vs 60Hz - two vectors that drive down overall end-to-end lag.

This patch actually didn't come out until the next month after release.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, because the 40fps has all of the graphical features of Ratchet & Clanks "graphics" mode and the same resolution...........but they squeeze a better, yet still stable framerate.

That was their "in between' mode that gives people everything from one gaming mode, and helps bring it close to the performance mode.

The console does this by going into 120Hz mode, so this requires a tv like the LG OLED, and will match up with their 40fps mode.

This patch actually didn't come out until the next month after release.

That’s nice. Now go play :tom:

• dead 1
4 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

That’s nice. Now go play :tom:

I love how you still have no control, and you thought this was going to get under my skin.

......and like everything else, you realize it didn't remotely work after you committed to it.:drake:

LOL I love how you noticed absolutely no difference in me after the ban bet started.

I love how you still have no control, and you thought this was going to get under my skin.

......and like everything else, you realize it didn't remotely work after you committed to it.:drake:

LOL I love how you noticed absolutely no difference in me after the ban bet started.

Oh, I know it got under your skin. That’s why you posted this earlier: 

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

No. Actually I'm going to do what I originally said I was going to do.

I want to experience the PS4 game in order for me to fully appreciate the PS5 game.

I love how you thought you were going to make me JUMP and do something.................and you still can't dictate what I do.

Don't lie............you were refreshing my PSN profile hoping to see new activity just right now, weren't you.

:kaz:Please say yes, that would bring such a smile to my face.

I say jump, and you just asked how high:tom5:

Edited by ghostz life matters
5 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Oh, I know it got under your skin. That’s why you posted this earlier: 

I say jump, and you just asked how high:tom5:

Nah........if you notice, only one of us is getting nervy around here.

Probably the person who is realizing that they're running out of time to post on this forum.:drake: