Anno: Mutationem coming out March 17. (PC, PS4, PS5)

57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

damn this looks cool af.

edit: I just played the demo and neither the combat or platforming felt very good or precise. Not sure about this game.

I never even experienced the combat. :D 

The demo is a very old build, maybe it will be better in the final game. I'll post some impressions when I play it.

28 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I never even experienced the combat. :D 

The demo is a very old build, maybe it will be better in the final game. I'll post some impressions when I play it.

I hope so. Maybe im being unfair but after Grime every other 2D indie game just feels straight up outdated when it comes to combat.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I hope so. Maybe im being unfair but after Grime every other 2D indie game just feels straight up outdated when it comes to combat.

Grime is pretty godly. I stopped playing it halfway through though, too much frustrating traversal moments later in the game for my taste. If it focused more on combat I would have probably finished it. 

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Grime is pretty godly. I stopped playing it halfway through though, too much frustrating traversal moments later in the game for my taste. If it focused more on combat I would have probably finished it. 

Ahh that’s unfortunate, the areas in the 2nd half are pretty great. I understand where you’re coming from though, the game has more backtracking than I would have liked, especially given the lack of fast travel points.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Ahh that’s unfortunate, the areas in the 2nd half are pretty great. I understand where you’re coming from though, the game has more backtracking than I would have liked, especially given the lack of fast travel points.

That's not what I mean, I'm talking about platforming sections, traps and other level design bullshit. I have zero patience for platforming sections these days.

Although, yeah the backtracking was a little painful at times, not enough fast travel points like you said. Still a great game but I can't stand that shit anymore, even when it's not that bad, it's just me.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

IGN gave it a 8. Hopefully that means the combat in the full game feels better than it did in the demo 

https://www.ign.com/articles/anno-mutationem-review

The combat is decent. I don't care much for the regular enemies but the boss fights are cool.

The story is the weakest aspect of the game is you ask me. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Are you still playing this game?

No, stopped around 8 hours I think. Just wait for a sale on this one, it's not bad but I can't fully back it up.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I thought this was going to be about the Ubisoft games :grimaceleft:

Looks interesting.

I don't remember the last Ubisoft game I have played. Maybe some weird VR game or something, at least one of their nicher title, the kind of game you wouldn't expect Ubisoft to make or publish in the first place.

My last Ass Creed was AC2 in 2009. I've only ever played Far Cry 1 on PC and I don't touch anything with Tom Clancy in the title, including the Sleeper Cell games.

It's not even because I despise the company or anything. Their products truly doesn't appeal to me. I don't even feel like I've missed anything.