So, we can fairly safely assume that Street Fighter 6 will be announced late tonight..

https://www.capcom-games.com/countdown/

9 hours left as of now.

What are you guys hoping for the series? :wonder:

The biggest hope I have right now is that they don't pull another SF5 and have essentially no content in the game for the first year...  That almost killed the series right there.  They need to have a full featured Arcade, Versus, and Online modes day 1 with a sizable roster of characters day 1 as well.  The competition can manage it... Capcom needs to do a HELL of a lot better than what they did with SF5.

I wonder if the game will continue to use Unreal Engine 4, or whether they will have changed that an tried switching to the RE Engine?  That ties into my next hope for the series...  

Release on ALL platforms.  PS, PC, Xbox, and Switch.  I know Sony is in bed with Capcom regarding this franchise, but after the close call that happened with SF5.. perhaps they've seen the light, and understand that the best way to go about it is releasing the game across all platforms and include cross-play for all platforms.  That gives the game the best chance at succeeding right out of the gate.  SF5..eventually.. succeeded and met Capcom's expectations, but it too a LONG ASS TIME to get there.. because of the terrible lack of content and decision to be PS/PC only.

If it's UE, or RE Engine... both can work well across all devices, so no excuses, just release the game everywhere.

And finally, I'd love to see them do something fresh and unique.   I know that's easier said than done.. but they have to remind the world why Street Fighter was the premiere fighting game series for decades again.  Dare to be a little bit different with Street Fighter.  SF3 was different.. and also took a long time to become beloved by fans because they didn't really have enough classic characters in the beginning, but now looking back at that game (3rd Strike), you can see how awesome it was.  It would be cool if they could capture that feeling again with a healthy mix of old cast and new characters.

2 hours ago, Ike said:

I’m honestly holding out hope for something out of left field like Dino Crisis or Lost Planet revival or even MvC4. :happysad:

Dino Crisis would be dope. Give it the Resident Evil remake treatment if a Dino Crisis 4 doesn't seem appealing after being dormant for so long.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its never going to happen but I still hope Capcom will one day revive Onimusha :mjcry:

You know when they released a HD remaster of Onimusha 1 not long ago, my thought was that Capcom was gauging interest for a potential comeback for the series. Considering they didn't bother to port the sequels (2, 3, Dawn of Dreams) might mean it sold below expectations. 

The chances of Onimusha being revived right now are very slim. 

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You know when they released a HD remaster of Onimusha 1 not long ago, my thought was that Capcom was gauging interest for a potential comeback for the series. Considering they didn't bother to port the sequels (2, 3, Dawn of Dreams) might mean it sold below expectations. 

The chances of Onimusha being revived right now are very slim. 

yeah I think I remember reading that the remaster didn’t do that well. I did my part by buying it (was still fun) but I was very much looking forward to remasters of the rest. 3 in particular would have been awesome….

Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah I think I remember reading that the remaster didn’t do that well. I did my part by buying it (was still fun) but I was very much looking forward to remasters of the rest. 3 in particular would have been awesome….

Yeah, I would have bought 2 and 3 for sure. Bad way to gauge interest, the first one was my least favorite.