Steam Deck IGN review - 7.0 and a worse option than the Switch

https://www.ign.com/articles/steam-deck-review

But those dizzying highs are all too often snapped away by insurmountable compatibility issues with SteamOS, and installing Windows to get around those comes with its own set of problems. I’ve lost count of how often I’ve been left frustrated and annoyed to have to troubleshoot issues when trying to play a game for the first time. Battery life is another major buzzkill – if you’re not careful with each game’s settings you can blow through a full charge faster than a train ride from Boston to Manhattan. Sure, it’ll last a lot longer if all you want is to play low-power indies, but in that case the Switch is a smoother experience for less money. So while I can certainly recommend the Steam Deck with some major caveats, including a noisy fan and comparably long loading times, I’m definitely not as head-over-heels in love with it as I hoped I’d be when I first opened the box.

Lmao! The hermits have been destroyed

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Steam Deck IGN review - 7.0 and a worse option than the Switch
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

But those dizzying highs are all too often snapped away by insurmountable compatibility issues with SteamOS, and installing Windows to get around those comes with its own set of problems. I’ve lost count of how often I’ve been left frustrated and annoyed to have to troubleshoot issues when trying to play a game for the first time

valve truly delivered the pc gaming experience on the go :aitch:

• aitch 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1HuX2_Hhss

Meanwhile Deck got a playable version before desktop pc did, and is better than the xflop version and nonexistant switch port :lul:

Haters gonna hate

Oh I checked some of this guys other reviews too because you need to background check reviewers in this day and age.

This is what he considers a "9" in a handheld

https://www.ign.com/articles/game-and-watch-legend-of-zelda-edition-review

$50 gets you:

- a handheld designed 40 years ago

- Rom of NES Zelda 1

- Rom of NES Zelda 2 (everyone's favourite)

- Rom of Gameboy Link's awakening (Not even the GBC DX release)

- One screen game & watch title "Vermin"

Clearly Valve has their work cut our for them if they are to meet this reviewers lofty standards

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Edited by TLHBO

You mean this Nintendo Switch?

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/08/nintendo-switch-review

That also scored a 7/10 ?

What I think is HILARIOUS... is that a handheld PC, which runs games through a compatibility layer, has most games "unverified" and who's operating system and UI interface are all very work-in-progress..... managed to score the same as the Switch at launch :tom: 

Just like IGN updated their Nintendo Switch review later on.... so too will they update their Steam Deck review... because it's going to improve.. a lot.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Lmao, its barely on par with the PS4 version. Thats hardly some kind of achievement.

At 15w? Leadbetter seems impressed with it.

But I admit, it's no Game & Watch :trump2:

All of the problems of PC gaming while on the go. Prob spend the whole bus ride tinkering to get games to work, end up with a dead battery while the smelly sheep next to you was playing pokemans the whole time :D

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, JonbX said:

All of the problems of PC gaming while on the go. Prob spend the whole bus ride tinkering to get games to work, end up with a dead battery while the smelly sheep next to you was playing pokemans the whole time :D

All the problems of PC gaming are caused by Microsoft. Valve thankfully cut them out. Only Lemmings are MS peasants.

2 hours ago, JonbX said:

Wait till they try opening rar files on Linux too :hest:

56 minutes ago, Remij said:

@TLHBO this is the output of a device Sheep are ok with in 2022... while mocking the Deck :rofl: 

Watch the entire start of that video...

JFC LOOK AT IT :deadest:

That's some 2002 shit :lawl:Sheep want to talk about Deck not handling every game or needing low settings...what the fuck is this shit? Extra low settings. This certainly isnt the first game to be butchered like this on Ditch.

• dead 1
13 hours ago, Remij said:

@TLHBO this is the output of a device Sheep are ok with in 2022... while mocking the Deck :rofl: 

Watch the entire start of that video...

JFC LOOK AT IT :deadest:

Those PS2 looking environments and PS1 foliage. :lul: 

https://www.theverge.com/22985166/xbox-cloud-gaming-steam-deck-microsoft-edge-beta

Even third-party publishers like Microsoft are now "jumping in" :juggle:

The only downside is you'll need to install malware/microsoft edge. I heard this already worked via chromium based browsers but microsoft mentions the controls so I'm not sure if you needed an external controller previously or not. I'm not really sure because I dont pay attention to anything xbox (since it has no games).