Tunic AAA PC exclusive verified on Steam Deck, unplayable on Nintendo Switch

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/tunic-review-fox-die/1900-6417845/

TUNIC AAA 9.0 TSHBO

This kind of game is exactly why we need the Steam Deck. Ambitious indie devs start on PC, and come to consoles only after they've achieved commercial success. Thanks to Valve we no longer have to wait to take these games on the go.

3952921-20220226022504_1.jpg

2 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/tunic-review-fox-die/1900-6417845/

TUNIC AAA 9.0 TSHBO

This kind of game is exactly why we need the Steam Deck. Ambitious indie devs start on PC, and come to consoles only after they've achieved commercial success. Thanks to Valve we no longer have to wait to take these games on the go.

3952921-20220226022504_1.jpg

Lol that fucking thing is huge. 

4 hours ago, Voidler said:

Lmao this dude returned 10 years after Vita flopped to continue the fight against Nintendo handhelds with Steam deck?:danylol:

Steam Deck will never suffer the bad support of Vita though. 

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Voidler said:

It will just get discontinued like everything Valve does

Even if that were to happen, the Steam Deck is still going to get more games. It's basically never going to die.

Meanwhile Nintendo is shutting down the 3DS eshop. 

• Geese 1
6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Even if that were to happen, the Steam Deck is still going to get more games. It's basically never going to die.

Meanwhile Nintendo is shutting down the 3DS eshop. 

Not really. The system can currently barely run PS4 versions of games at 720p + 30 FPS, and thats with optimized versions that developers or Valve have made themselves. How exactly is the system going to fair once cross gen games are dropped altogether and optimized versions of them are no longer being made? Most Triple A games a few years from now are going to be unplayable on the thing. Its only going to continue being relevant for small indie games, and like IGN said if you're going to use it for that then you might as well just get a switch.

You can't even use it as a ghetto handheld PC (which would have been neat) because the Windows support on it is shit.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Not really. The system can currently barely run PS4 versions of games at 720p + 30 FPS, and thats with optimized versions that developers or Valve have made themselves. How exactly is the system going to fair once cross gen games are dropped altogether and optimized versions of games are no longer being made? Most Triple A games a few years from now are going to be unplayable on the thing. Its only going to continue being relevant for small indie games, and like IGN said if you're going to use it for them then you might as well just get a switch.

There's always going to be lower end graphics games, indie or otherwise. Nothing that I've said is factually wrong, unless you only care about the latest AAA games, in which case what are you doing with a handheld as a primary gaming platform?

Switch meanwhile can only run even lower end graphics games, a lot of the shitty multiplat ports on Switch actually performs well on Deck. Also, Nintendo is going to cut support as soon as a successor come out. So buying a Switch is the solution in your eyes to Steam Deck aging hardware in the long term? Lol, you're just being biased.

• dead 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Not really. The system can currently barely run PS4 versions of games at 720p + 30 FPS, and thats with optimized versions that developers or Valve have made themselves. How exactly is the system going to fair once cross gen games are dropped altogether and optimized versions of them are no longer being made? Most Triple A games a few years from now are going to be unplayable on the thing. Its only going to continue being relevant for small indie games, and like IGN said if you're going to use it for that then you might as well just get a switch.

You can't even use it as a ghetto handheld PC (which would have been neat) because the Windows support on it is shit.

Ah yes lets trust the IGN guy who gave Game & Watch a 9/10. You're such a moron Twinkie.

Saying "if you only want it for indie games switch is better" is bullshit. Thats only looking at one part of the puzzle, that being that yes most games on Switch "just work" (though some ports can be terrible). It ignores the fact that 1) Steam has a much bigger library, 2) Steam games are cheaper, 3) Steam is more future proof. Switch online will get shutdown just like 3DS, Steam will coninue to exist outside of Steamdeck and whats more you can carry your games over to other devices like a desktop or laptop, 4) carrying on from the previous point if I bougjt a Switch now I have to start building my entire library from scratch where as if I get a Steamdeck I already have hundreds of games available to try.

Thqt's not even touching on the fact that there are thousands of games to go back and play. Sure it might not play GTA 6 optimally when it releases but I often find myself going back to PS3 era games I enjoyed and Deck lets you do that, without having to hope that publishers decide to release a remaster on your chosen system and then rebuy it. Thats not even touching on the emulation it could do.

Lastly your point about a ghetto handheld PC. Actually a lot of people that have played it disagree with you they say it IS capable of this. Why do you need Windows exactly? You really want to be using ms word or excel on this thing? Or doing photoshop editing with those pads? Beyond that everything else will work on Linux and KDE is infinitely superior to the bloated shit that is Windows 10.

22 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Saying "if you only want it for indie games switch is better" is bullshit. Thats only looking at one part of the puzzle, that being that yes most games on Switch "just work" (though some ports can be terrible). It ignores the fact that 1) Steam has a much bigger library, 2) Steam games are cheaper, 3) Steam is more future proof. Switch online will get shutdown just like 3DS, Steam will coninue to exist outside of Steamdeck and whats more you can carry your games over to other devices like a desktop or laptop, 4) carrying on from the previous point if I bougjt a Switch now I have to start building my entire library from scratch where as if I get a Steamdeck I already have hundreds of games available to try.

Yeah this is the insane double standard imposed on Steam Deck. It gets dinged for not perfecting previously unthinkable: playing the entire 5000+ library of PC history portably with a seamless console experience. Even that gets closer than anyone would've guessed.

If you just rate it based on the "verified" experience, it's the best handheld ever made.

3 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Ah yes lets trust the IGN guy who gave Game & Watch a 9/10. You're such a moron Twinkie.

Thqt's not even touching on the fact that there are thousands of games to go back and play. Sure it might not play GTA 6 optimally when it releases but I often find myself going back to PS3 era games I enjoyed and Deck lets you do that, without having to hope that publishers decide to release a remaster on your chosen system and then rebuy it. Thats not even touching on the emulation it could do.

Lastly your point about a ghetto handheld PC. Actually a lot of people that have played it disagree with you they say it IS capable of this. Why do you need Windows exactly? You really want to be using ms word or excel on this thing? Or doing photoshop editing with those pads? Beyond that everything else will work on Linux and KDE is infinitely superior to the bloated shit that is Windows 10.

Look at the rants he's been going on, lately. All because of he's absolutely amazed and blown away at playing low-end indie games at 800p 30fps.:drake: