Wccftech: GTA V Runs Notably Better on PS5 than Xbox Series X, Performance Rough on Xbox Series S (TLHBFR)

The PS5 and Xbox Series X offer identical visual modes – Fidelity gives you native 4K, ray tracing, and 30fps, Performance offers native 1440p at 60fps, and RT Performance offers dynamic 1440p, ray tracing, and 60fps. Based on the analysis above, it seems PS5 holds pretty much rock solid in all modes, with only small 1 or 2 frame dips in Performance mode when things get crazy. Meanwhile, the Xbox Series X really seems to struggle in RT Performance mode, dropping all the way down to the 30 to 40fps range, and Performance mode dips to the low 50s. Things are even worse on Xbox Series S, which offers only two modes – Fidelity (1440p at 30fps) and Performance (1080p at 60fps). Fidelity mode does not consistently hold 30fps, dropping into the mid-20s, and Performance seems to hover pretty consistently in the 40fps range once things heat up. So yeah, not exactly ideal for a nearly decade-old game!

:mroff: Lemshits still waiting on the tools almost 2 years later.

:freeman: All that hype for 12 Tflops only to get outperformed by a so-called weaker console. At this point the Series L is the weaker console, MS definitely lied about the specs. PS5 just keeps raping it when it comes to these multiplats. Series S is a complete joke and can barely run a 10 year old game :qbad:

B9F00E2F-3C4D-429D-A3B5-8203AF0BF704.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised Remijs browser can hold that many bookmarks he must have hundreds by now Just waiting for that day xflop is vindicated. Like whipitgoo waiting on those hypermemorycubes XB1 monster.

You're supposedly not a lemming but you're bookmarking Xbox threads to one day 10 years from now be vindicated about Xbox?... That's lemming behavior all right  

Easily the most useless brick ever made. No exclusives, weaker performance in multiplatform, worse support, worst controller, worse everything.  

Posted Images

Series S (a 2020 console) can't do 1440/30 or 1080/60 :|

Series S shouldnt have been made and Series X was all lies and hype, just like xbox one was. Lemmings got suckered in again.

• Thanks 1
  • dead 1
13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It was originally a PS3/360 game. If it has performance issues its because its a half assed port.

But the PS5 seems to have the power to push through those limitations while the Series S and X buckle.  It appears that MS was not being truthful about their capabilities.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Taking advantage of GTAV must be desperate for the coweebs.

2 hours ago, Remij said:

It's an old ass engine not built around compute heavy workloads.

Look at all these butthurt lemshits and their excuses. Literally 80-90%of the multiplats now run better on PS5 and you clowns are still using the same tired old excuses. Tools have been releasing since 2020 and the situation with Xbox keeps getting worse and not better. When will you clowns finally admit you were lied to concerning the capabilities of the Series L?

It’s hilarious Microsoft were the first ones to hype specs and RT and the Series L chokes up anytime raytracing is involved.  

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Look at all these butthurt lemshits and their excuses. Literally 80-90%of the multiplats now run better on PS5 and you clowns are still using the same tired old excuses. Tools have been releasing since 2020 and the situation with Xbox keeps getting worse and not better. When will you clowns finally admit you were lied to concerning the capabilities of the Series L?

It’s hilarious Microsoft were the first ones to hype specs and RT and the Series L chokes up anytime raytracing is involved.  

I didn't know GTA V had ray tracing.

15 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Over a year in and Series X is still struggling to run next-gen games and Series S is basically a turbo charged Xbox One.

The excuses dont fly anymore. Remember MS said multiplats would run better on XBO than PS4, and then launch comes and XB1 was struggling to hold a consistent 30fps at 720p. Microsoft lies their ass off all the time. The company was built on deceipt.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

It does now dumbass and it chokes the Series X.  Buttery smooth on PS5.

Edited by lostfool
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

It has shadow raytracing.

Read the article I posted. The game drops to 30-40fps on Series X when you turn on Performance RT mode. It stays 99% locked 60fps on PS5 with that setting on but on Series X it buckles and Series S doesn’t even have RT at all because it’s too weak.

MS flat-out lied when they hyped up the capabilities of the Series S and X consoles. They should actually be sued for bullshit like this but gamers are weak and stupid so they’ll get off and do this again next gen.

Edited by FIREPOWER
54 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

It has shadow raytracing.

Read the article I posted. The game drops to 30-40fps on Series X when you turn on Performance RT mode. It stays 99% locked 60fps on PS5 with that setting on but on Series X it buckles and Series S doesn’t even have RT at all because it’s too weak.

MS flat-out lied when they hyped up the capabilities of the Series S and X consoles. They should actually be sued for bullshit like this but gamers are weak and stupid so they’ll get off and do this again next gen.

Lemmings said for two years PS5 wouldn't have Ray tracing what happened? :feelsbadman:

• dead 1
36 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lemmings said for two years PS5 wouldn't have Ray tracing what happened? :feelsbadman:

The retards were wrong as usual. It’s almost like lemshits are cursed, the direct opposite of what they predict always ends up happening :mroff:

I'm surprised Remijs browser can hold that many bookmarks he must have hundreds by now :tom: Just waiting for that day xflop is vindicated. Like whipitgoo waiting on those hypermemorycubes XB1 monster.

• dead 3
42 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I'm surprised Remijs browser can hold that many bookmarks he must have hundreds by now :tom: Just waiting for that day xflop is vindicated. Like whipitgoo waiting on those hypermemorycubes XB1 monster.

You're surprised a browser can hold 100s of links? :hest: 

Somehow that's not surprising to me. :mj: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're surprised a browser can hold 100s of links? :hest: 

Somehow that's not surprising to me. :mj: 

Because I've never had to bookmark 500 pages :pavarotti: Because I don't need to do the "just wait :cry: You'll see". You scroll down through hundreds? Or do you have them organized by folder?

Do I have a folder in your library? :tom:

• Haha 1