Cows: How does your PS5 stack up to past Sony consoles?

What is the best first 2 years of a PS console?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

Best first two years of a PS console? PS3, easily. 

Resistance: Fall of Man, Mudstorm, Ridge Racer 6, Lair and Warhawk...

No but seriously those were some dark days. There were some good games but it wasn't worth the price tag. PS2 kicked ass from the start so that, I guess.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

PS5’s first 2 years destroy every other PS console with the exception of PS2’s. PS3’s first 2 years were a joke and PS4 was dry AF for the first two years with mostly indies and dodgy third party AAAs like Dragon Age Inquisition. PS2’s first two years were the strongest of any console in gaming history and while the PS5’s is great, it doesn’t quite reach the legendary status of PS2’s first two years.

PS1.  Easily.

Ridge Racer

Legacy of Kain

Crash Bandicoot

Castlevania SOTN

Resident Evil

Tomb Raider

Tekken

Tekken 2

Air Combat

Twisted Metal

Suikoden

Tecmo's Deception

Cool Boarders

Vandal Hearts

Soul Blade

Wild Arms

Bushido Blade

Alundra

Tobal 2

Breath of Fire 3

Tactics Ogre LUCT

Best, most innovative and interesting generation in all of gaming. :wow2: 

Edited by Remij
  • Like 2

ps1

I don't understand the topic tbh.................

I like how remij left out the classics, like as if they dont need to be mentioned

ff7 

ff8

ff9 

parasite eve 

parasite eve 2

grandia

tomb raider 2

tomb raider 3

broken sword (ps version ye)

broken sword 2

theme hospital 

lucky luke 

crash bandicot

spyro the dragon 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Best first two years of a PS console? PS3, easily. 

Resistance: Fall of Man, Mudstorm, Ridge Racer 6, Lair and Warhawk...

No but seriously those were some dark days. There were some good games but it wasn't worth the price tag. PS2 kicked ass from the start so that, I guess.

ps3 was easily the worst gen for gaystation ever and I loved many games released on that shit. 

26 minutes ago, kaz said:

ps3 was easily the worst gen for gaystation ever and I loved many games released on that shit. 

I got it really early, I think it was the day NG Sigma came out, so it was still during the first year when it had it's first or second price drop. The Xbox 360 was doing better in comparison at the time.

I remember getting some multiplats on PS3 before getting a 360. My early collection looked like this, not in chronological order.

Resistance Fall of Man (okay launch game tbh)

Fight Night Round 3 (filler launch game)

Virtua Fighter 5 (the one with no online haha, still a great game, I liked it a lot)

The Darkness (loved that game but PS3 version was bad)

Tekken 5 online? (I remember playing a early Tekken game on PSN with SW peeps but don't quite remember the name)

TESIV: Oblivion ( :killzone: had it on PC too)

Assassin's Creed (it made me hate Ubisoft) 

Bioshock (PS3 version was playable, not great though)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (every cow had this one lmao) 

MotorStorm (really fun arcade racer but no content)

Warhawk (was kinda fun online)

Heavenly Sword (C-rate God of War wannabe)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (man, I was starving for games for buying this, I liked it though)

Eventually I got Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, Demon's Souls and I had a clear winner that gen. I still have a lot of fond memory for the PS3 Grill early days even if the 360 was the better console early on, I used to play PS2 games on it as well (it was one of those launch units with 60gb HDD and was still BC with PS2 games). I should have never sold it. 

Syphon Filter for PS1 isn't getting enough love ITT. I remember being blown away when playing it for the first time. The scriptedness of the first level, with the constant explosions and the NPCs fighting the enemies alongside you was impressive as hell.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Syphon Filter for PS1 isn't getting enough love ITT. I remember being blown away when playing it for the first time. The scriptedness of the first level, with the constant explosions and the NPCs fighting the enemies alongside you was impressive as hell.

It was probably the only 3D game, that was attempting full 3D camera and full 3D movement, that felt the most stable. (Tomb Raider obviously being the other one that probably felt better)

Pretty impressive considering that the first couple of games didn't use the analog sticks yet.

Syphon Filter 2 was the sweet spot.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

oh yea, also the TPS james bond and especially the FPS james bond. I loved that one, played through that game so many times.