We're now in a recession: US GDP shrinks 0.9% in second quarter

1 minute ago, Substatic said:

Biden's NBEC director, Brian Deese, is not a as good of a source as the NBEC.

Do you know who's even on the eight-person NBEC board who makes the determination? Do you know what their politics are? Do you know how objective they are? I'll take a leap of faith here and say no.

2 minutes ago, Substatic said:

You're not answering the question. Is your answer lefty journalists?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those tax cuts that passed during the Trump admin. sure did help trickle down the wealth didn't it. 

EU's GDP has been up the last two quarters. Where did you get your degrees from?   

Evidently JerryU because you just moved the goal posts from "there's a global recession" to "well one might come..."    Great job. 

Posted Images

Just now, Saucer said:

Do you know who's even on the eight-person NBEC board who makes the determination? Do you know what their politics are? Do you know how objective they are? I'll take a leap of faith here and say no.

They can be extremely political in their personal life, as long as they don't bring it to the NBEC. I have seen no analysis of the NBEC of being biased.

MBFC has them as dead center.

19 hours ago, Substatic said:

They can be extremely political in their personal life, as long as they don't bring it to the NBEC. 

Great, do they? How do you know? A fake lefty fact-checking site told you so?

Meanwhile:

And you keep ducking this question: By what authority is the NBER the "official" determinate? 

53 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Great, do they? How do you know? A fake lefty fact-checking site told you so?

Do you have a source saying otherwise? I have seen no indicator they are a left leaning org. I have only seen sources saying the opposite, indicating  a middle slant.

And you keep ducking this question: By what authority is the NBER the "official" determinate? 

Literally 2 posts again,

"The private organization that the federal government has empowered to designate recessions"

Edited by Substatic
21 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Do you have a source saying otherwise? I have seen no indicator they are a left leaning org. I have only seen sources saying the opposite, indicating  a middle slant.

The only source you've sited a biased and therefore fake fact-checking site.

21 minutes ago, Substatic said:

"The private organization that the federal government has empowered to designate recessions"

Another argument from authority using a lefty news site.

How has the federal government empowered NBER to determine recessions? Is there a statute? What? Do you even have any idea?

5 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Another argument from authority using a lefty news site.

Boston Globe - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)

High factual reporting. Left-Center.

You're flailing.  I'm using the NBER.  Meanwhile, your main source is Brian Deese. This isn't even a fair "debate", and I feel bad for you.

National Bureau of Economic Research | NBER

Discredit them with valid citation.

Edited by Substatic
3 minutes ago, Substatic said:

You're flailing.  I'm using the NBER.  Meanwhile, your main source is Brian Deese. This isn't even a fair "debate", and I feel bad for you.

Now you're using your fake fact-checker to make an argument from authority for using a lefty news site as an argument from authority. Meanwhile you still can't simply site the statute or ordinance that makes NBER the "official" determinate. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Liberals just come along and try to change the definitions of words and phrases that have been established in the english language and society in general for thousands of years. This is truly the party of lunatics.

Well there is political spin going on here but you do know there was a world before insecure virgins began blaming "wokism" for all of their problems. Words and phrases change all the time. Both formally and colloquially. 

You Nick Fuentes gimmick is funny in how pathetic you look but it is getting obvious you have no idea about anything outside what videogame developers had for lunch or whatever. 

9 hours ago, Substatic said:

Another thread and Sub is just CURB STOMPING @Saucer into oblivion with facts and sourced citations....and all saucer had in rebuttal was empty talking points? Lmfao. 

That beat down was ugly Dammmmmn 

16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So if Biden is going to claim these new job numbers as a win, then you agree that he should also claim responsibility for the recession we are currently in?

No, because recession indicators date back to 2019 and 2020.

Just now, Twinblade said:

:lawl:ok, whatever you say.

it was never me saying it.

I already posted those indicators back in 2019 and 2020

2gBxTvo.png

This one indicator, has has a 100% successful prediction rate for the past 70 years.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

it was never me saying it.

I already posted those indicators back in 2019 and 2020

2gBxTvo.png

This one indicator, has has a 100% successful prediction rate for the past 70 years.

Just amazing, you're actually trying to now blame Trump for the recession. First it was Covid, then it was Putin, and now its Trump. You liberals really have no dignity whatsoever.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just amazing, you're actually trying to now blame Trump for the recession.

No.

I literally was typing this during the Trump Presidency

And you know I was.

On 2020-07-03 at 9:49 AM, jehurey said:

No, his economy was already stalling.

The country has been declared to have been in a recession as of February 2020...........before the virus already hit.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to signs of financial distress. The Fed continually slashing the interest rate as they are nearing 0%, and the inverted yields on 10 year bonds (which has a 100% prediction record of signaling an incoming recession).

the fact that the stock market dropped so quickly was a sign of an already shaky economy.

Trump's economy was on its way to failing.

On 2020-11-02 at 7:05 PM, jehurey said:

No, you have no such proof of that.

The Hunter shit was weak shit, no matter what. It would've been debunked no matter what.

We would be talking about his other scandals, no matter what.

He pays no taxes.

He has a big bank account in China.

We had inverted yield curves on 10 year Treasury Bills back in 2019. The stock market was already signaling that there was a downturn coming.

The Inverted Yield Curve has a 100% indicator accuracy of an economic downturn occuring within 18 months of that happening.

Caterpillar announced that they were going to cut production because they predicted a downturn in MANY industries in which they are a huge part in. You probably don't anything about Caterpiller, but if they announce something like that, they are basically signaling downturns in manufacturing and construction both in the United States and worldwide.

You are quite wrong. The sign were always there.

54 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So if Biden is going to claim these new job numbers as a win, then you agree that he should also claim responsibility for the recession we are currently in?

I remember when you started posting job numbers Feb 2021 after Biden was inaugurated Jan 2021. 

You hadn't posted a single Jobs report prior to that, but within weeks of him being president you started posting it. 

As soon as the numbers started increasing... You magically didn't care about Job numbers anymore and those threads and posts just stopped coming from you. 

Interesting. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Thanks 1