VGC: Microsoft has accused Sony of paying developers for "blocking rights" to stop their content appearing on Xbox Game Pass.

5 minutes ago, Substatic said:

That has nothing to do with PS4 being the largest gaming platform

Yes, that would basically mean that the Playstation is the biggest gaming platform.

Or else, those devs would easily forgo the Playstation userbase, because ACCORDING TO YOU, they have a much bigger userbase to replace it with, the PC userbase.

So.

Once.

Again.

How many Xbox + PC developed games that have omitted Playstation, are there?

Answer that simple question, that I've asked since the very beginning...........to win the argument.

:trump:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fucking LOL! the trillion dollar corporation buying out every major 3rd party publisher is crying that Sony is paying devs money to keep games off LamePass, the irony   

wait a minute, didn't Microsoft do this very thing for the first few years of Xbox Live Arcade's existence?   And also, the accusation basically means that Sony would want the game developer

the developer doesn't have to put their game on playstation.   oh that's right, the playstation is far and away the biggest platform..........i guess they have leverage.   well the

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yes, that would basically mean that the Playstation is the biggest gaming platform.

GTFO thinking PS4   made up 80+% of that Chart of over 6 systems :sabu:

Also love how you're skipping out player count, devs, and games. "Muh biggest".

Edited by Substatic
6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Its probably much lower than 95%. Mac gaming is sizable enough. And those hardcore nerds would be gaming on their SteamOS builds, they would be heavy game purchasers.

The point is that the Playstation 4 userbase, on its own..........would have absolutely reached the entire PC userbase level.

And, like I asked him.

"If Playstation is forcing devs that they can't do GamePass............why didn't the developers simply come to the conclusion 'Well, the PC userbase is so huge, that we don't need Playstation and just go with Xbox + PC'"????????

Why aren't there Xbox+PC games that have omitted Playstation?

He couldn't answer that question.

And that's because indie developers (who aren't selling shitty beta games on Steam) know that Playstation's userbase is that important.

Aren't we talking about ''active'' users? 100m PS4 on the market =/= 100m active users.

Like I said earlier though, Playstation move more softwares for various reasons. I've seen the breakdown of some specific software sales (mostly from Capcom) and generally, it's roughly around %50 Playstation, %30 PC, %20 Xbox. 

It wasn't always the case. Xbox used to beat PC more often than not. Now that I think about it, a lot of Xflop users must have moved on to PC. It would make sense with MS first party being available day one on the platform too. 

5 minutes ago, Substatic said:

What....there is no way PS4 or 5 makes up 80% of the pie of several platforms

there's no way Windows gaming takes up 100% of your figure, because Mac gaming and Linux gaming also exist.

So that number is also smaller.

And in 2020, the PS4 had already reached 100mm in userbase. The Switch, although increasing rapidly, had only reached 52 million in units entering 2020.

Not to mention tons of third party games that were being made for PS4 that were not having Switch ports made yet.

1 minute ago, Substatic said:

GTFO thinking PS4   made up 80+% of that Chart of over 6 systems :sabu:

he's now trying to talk about the 6 systems again.

Didn't he say that if somebody tries to bring that up.............that's a sign that they've clearly lost?

Yup, he sure did.

:blessed:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And in 2020, the PS4 had already reached 100mm in userbase.  

Steam alone has more active users than this rofl.  That's not to mention millions in China, and other parts of the world, don't even use Steam. PC has several big services now.

Winning. :diddy:

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Aren't we talking about ''active'' users? 100m PS4 on the market =/= 100m active users.

Like I said earlier though, Playstation move more softwares for various reasons. I've seen the breakdown of some specific software sales (mostly from Capcom) and generally, it's roughly around %50 Playstation, %30 PC, %20 Xbox. 

It wasn't always the case. Xbox used to beat PC more often than not. Now that I think about it, a lot of Xflop users must have moved on to PC. It would make sense with MS first party being available day one on the platform too. 

Then "active" PC gamers would make their userbase numbers diminish greatly.

As far as I'm concerned, the only real metric to determine somebody who has a PC that is still capable of playing modern games would be, probably somebody who has a GTX 970 (which was far and away, the most popular video card purchased during the 2010 decade), and whatever GTX 970-equivalent video card..........and ABOVE.

I would consider people with only those types of PC builds, basically from Q2 2014 onwards, to still be people who are buying new Steam games today.

At which point, we can just try to come up with estimates with how many people have bought GPUs from 2015 onwards.

And then this isn't even factoring the fact that there is an amount of people who are switching out GPUs fairly often (like every 2-3 years). So even THAT NUMBER isn't accurate.

Because of farming done in third-world countries..........you can't just simply count all Steam accounts.

That's a ridiculously inaccurate metric.

Then "active" PC gamers would make their userbase numbers diminish greatly.

As far as I'm concerned, the only real metric to determine somebody who has a PC that is still capable of playing modern games would be, probably somebody who has a GTX 970 (which was far and away, the most popular video card purchased during the 2010 decade), and whatever GTX 970-equivalent video card..........and ABOVE.

I would consider people with only those types of PC builds, basically from Q2 2014 onwards, to still be people who are buying new Steam games today.

At which point, we can just try to come up with estimates with how many people have bought GPUs from 2015 onwards.

And then this isn't even factoring the fact that there is an amount of people who are switching out GPUs fairly often (like every 2-3 years). So even THAT NUMBER isn't accurate.

Because of farming done in third-world countries..........you can't just simply count all Steam accounts.

Accept PC has the most users, this shit isn't even contested at GS SW anymore. At least have some dignity and don't lie about one of the more obvious and confirmed things.

Steam Beats Both PlayStation and Xbox In Terms of Monthly Active Users - eXputer.com

PC is the most played gaming platform this year - - Gamereactor

3 Billion People Worldwide Are Gamers, and Nearly Half Play on PCs - ExtremeTech

You're right that Steam count is not accurate. That's because millions don't even use it. It's far higher.

Edited by Substatic

I've bitchslapped that poor bastard to death :kaz:

4 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Separating PC into multiple platforms

LOL he's now trying to say that Mac gaming and Linux gaming doesn't exist.

So, on top of the fact that he's lost this argument.

And he can't answer my CHECKMATE QUESTION

He is now ending himself.............by looking like he's not a real hermit, and pretending that other people are running other OS for gaming.

What an imbecile.

Fake hermit. Why am I not surprised.

2 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Steam alone has more active users

:kaz:This idiot is counting virtual farmers in indie and china to try and help his argument:lawl::lawl::lawl:

Just now, Substatic said:

Aaccept PC has the most users

You really must be desperate.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL he's now trying to say that Mac gaming and Linux gaming doesn't exist.

You know you've lost when you try to separate PC into different platforms because you found out it was first place in revenue, gamers, games, and devs.

You really must be desperate.

Provide counter citation,

Steam Beats Both PlayStation and Xbox In Terms of Monthly Active Users - eXputer.com

PC is the most played gaming platform this year - - Gamereactor

3 Billion People Worldwide Are Gamers, and Nearly Half Play on PCs - ExtremeTech

P.S. Steam count alone is not accurate, you're right. It's much higher as Chinese barely use Steam.

Edited by Substatic

You know you've lost when you try to separate

which you attempted to do, at the very beginning.

thanks for admitting that you've lost..................again:blessed:

Provide counter citation,

Are you saying that massive farming operations don't exist in indie and China.

That's a yes or no question.

If you don't answer that question................you lose this argument.

• NPC 1

Because those are literally separate platforms and systems....

LOL he doesn't think Mac and Linux are different playforms??????????????

I'm screenshotting this.

This dude is not even a real hermit.:lawl:

I asked for counter citation and you asked me a question. How anti-vaxxer or climate denier of you.

So you didn't answer the question I just asked.

And you intentionally try to introduce other things like anti-vaxxing and climate denialism to try and obfuscate.

Thanks for losing.

Edited by jehurey