VGC: Microsoft has accused Sony of paying developers for "blocking rights" to stop their content appearing on Xbox Game Pass.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fucking LOL! the trillion dollar corporation buying out every major 3rd party publisher is crying that Sony is paying devs money to keep games off LamePass, the irony   

wait a minute, didn't Microsoft do this very thing for the first few years of Xbox Live Arcade's existence?   And also, the accusation basically means that Sony would want the game developer

the developer doesn't have to put their game on playstation.   oh that's right, the playstation is far and away the biggest platform..........i guess they have leverage.   well the

Pretty sure we knew this from the EPIC vs Apple thing.

Sony undoubtedly sees GamePass as a threat to their business.  They even mentioned as much in their response to the MS/Actiblizz merger.  They're undoubtedly incentivizing publishers/developers to not adopt it.

wait a minute, didn't Microsoft do this very thing for the first few years of Xbox Live Arcade's existence?

And also, the accusation basically means that Sony would want the game developer to keep the game on Xbox as a regular retail game, the same as it is on Sony's Playstation.

So, Xbox is complaining that Sony is forcing a developer to have its games on both console platforms in an equal retail capacity?

• Upvote 1
  • NPC 1
10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

wait a minute, didn't Microsoft do this very thing for the first few years of Xbox Live Arcade's existence?

And also, the accusation basically means that Sony would want the game developer to keep the game on Xbox as a regular retail game, the same as it is on Sony's Playstation.

So, Xbox is complaining that Sony is forcing a developer to have its games on both console platforms in an equal retail capacity?

Yes, Sony only wants to compete in the same way they always have.. and stifle new methods of competition in the gaming market.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yes, Sony only wants to compete in the same way they always have.. and stifle new methods of competition in the gaming market.

Sounds like good business to me. If MS was in the same position they would do the same just like they did during the 360 gen where they were paying publishers money left and right for deals.

4 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Sounds like good business to me. If MS was in the same position they would do the same just like they did during the 360 gen where they were paying publishers money left and right for deals.

Absolutely.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it.  MS is pulling a lot of shit to get devs onboard with Gamepass, and that's on them to convince developers it's good business... works both ways for Sony to convince them to stay the traditional way.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

the developer doesn't have to put their game on playstation.

oh that's right, the playstation is far and away the biggest platform..........i guess they have leverage.

well then, Microsoft can still convince the small developer to not put their game on the playstation platform and convince them to be on GamePass.

All they have to do is offer higher GamePass payouts.

• Like 1
  • NPC 1
Just now, jehurey said:

oh that's right, the playstation is far and away the biggest platform..........i guess they have leverage.

well then, Microsoft can still convince the small developer to not put their game on the playstation platform and convince them to be on GamePass.

Well, yea.. of course.  Sony's going to use their leverage if not to stop them, to at least raise the amount MS will have to pay to convince developers to join.

On 2022-08-10 at 7:43 PM, jehurey said:

4019281-3849353-20210628_075331.jpg

2 hours ago, Substatic said:

PC is the biggest platform.....why lie?

no, it clearly isn't, or else these indie devs would choose Xbox and PC and simply not put their games on Playstation.

Them specifically following Playstation's requirement of not having the game on GamePass, means Playstation's leverage is real, because the developer knows the Playstation userbase advantage is real.

Let me know the number of games that are Xbox/PC and omit Playstation.

• Like 1
  • NPC 1
Just now, Substatic said:

PC literally is the biggest platform other than Mobile.

I love how he tries to pretend he didn't see where he lost the argument

I'll re-type it again:

That's checkmate.

• NPC 1
Just now, Substatic said:

I didn't lose the argument.

Yes you did.

If you can't answer this:

...then you did lose the argument.

He's still avoiding............he's making me look like the winner, so very easily.

• NPC 1
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yes you did.

If you can't answer this:

...then you did lose the argument.

He's still avoiding............he's making me look like the winner, so very easily.

Shut,

Steam has more monthly active users than both Xbox and PlayStation | VG247

The,

The PC is the favored platform among game devs in the US and Europe | PC Gamer

Fuck,

Global Game Revenues Up an Extra $15 Billion This Year as Engagement Skyrockets | Newzoo

Up,

PC is the most played gaming platform this year - - Gamereactor

Edited by Substatic