Spider-Man on PC peaked at 66,436 on Steam

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

40+ year old and still can't afmit he was wrong Jerry will never know what the touch of a woman feels like so it all works out in the end

I want to mod it on PC. I’m very into modding games.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Remij said:

It didn't only sell 66K on Steam :drake: 

That's concurrent players dumbass...  The actual amount of players that bought the game by now is easily over 500K.  It's tracking about as well as God of War... which did ~1 million in less than 2 months..

And yea... releasing a 4 year old game for full price IS a good way of getting people to pirate your game.

It's more like PC gamers are treating Sony exclusives as an afterthought :hehe: 

Look at the butthurt.

The comparison in this thread was the same. Its coming in lower than God of War.

And its still laughingly lower than a real console launch sales.

Oh yeah........you got forgot that part, wonder why:kaz:

And to top it off, you try to justify stealing.

This is exactly what I want Sony to see.

3 hours ago, Substatic said:

Brainlets thinking concurrent player rate = total sales ITT. 

@jehurey Always fumbling like this. 

Second-class citizen is angry because he's getting treated appropriately.

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

Ports cost money. Especially if you are contracting that out to a studio years after original development.

I very much would like Sony and Jim Ryan to see how the PC gaming community immediately pirate at the first chance they can get.

It doesn't matter if the game were priced at $40 or $30, the same exact thing would've happened.

No if it launched day and date with the PS4 version it woulf have sold more. There are already people in here (myself included) who have said we didn't buy it because we played it years ago.

Ports that come years late at full price always lose a lot of buzz. PC ports don't cost thst much and besides it doesn't matter if its launching on a platform for the first time the fact is consumers see it as a 4 year old product from a previous generation , that affects the way they perceive the value of the port.

I don't know how to read your post other than "I want Sony and Jim Ryan to see this so they stop releasing games on PC". Why? Why does a game being available for PC bother you so much?

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Look at the butthurt.

The comparison in this thread was the same. Its coming in lower than God of War.

And its still laughingly lower than a real console launch sales.

Oh yeah........you got forgot that part, wonder why:kaz:

And to top it off, you try to justify stealing.

This is exactly what I want Sony to see.

It also costs $10 more than God of War...

LOL Jerky... the guy that was laughing how PC gamers were getting charged full price for a 4 year old game.......... is now apparently shocked that........ PC gamers aren't willing to pay full price for a 4 year old game :drake: 

If it was the same price as God of War was... it would have sold better.  That's quite clear.

And yea... something that already has 20 million sales... is going to sell lower 4 years after the fact... :danylol: 

I didn't try to justify stealing... it's simply what pirates will think.  I happen to think most of the pirates on PC are likely console+PC owners who have already bought the game on PS and don't feel they should have to buy it again because "they already got their money"...

But of course that's rich, coming from you, hypocrite.  You're all too happy to pirate games, as we already know from your VR posts.  That's probably why you also have a pathetic amount of games on Steam after all these years as well.  Makes perfect sense.  Also makes perfect sense why you shill Epic Games Store and hate on Steam... they just give you free games.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

Second-class citizen is angry because he's getting treated appropriately.

Jerry why did you lie?

well..................there's ANOTHER REASON why it only sold 66K on steam.

Do not lie so often it is bad for the soul.

10 hours ago, TLHBO said:

No if it launched day and date with the PS4 version it woulf have sold more. There are already people in here (myself included) who have said we didn't buy it because we played it years ago.

Ports that come years late at full price always lose a lot of buzz. PC ports don't cost thst much and besides it doesn't matter if its launching on a platform for the first time the fact is consumers see it as a 4 year old product from a previous generation , that affects the way they perceive the value of the port.

I don't know how to read your post other than "I want Sony and Jim Ryan to see this so they stop releasing games on PC". Why? Why does a game being available for PC bother you so much?

No, it would've never sold more than the PS4 version.

Ghost of Tsushima, 9.73 million on PS4

Horizon Zero Dawn, 10 million on PS4

TLOU2, 10 million

There is no way you would have PC sales that exceed that.

Here, this graph for the Witcher 3 pretty much seals the deal on this discussion

3652673-screen%20shot%202020-04-09%20at%

And that's a game in which the developer FAR AND AWAY put the most effort to distinguish the PC version.

Don't let those 2018/2019 numbers fool you..............that was a $5-$10 game that was always on sale on Steam and GOG, by that point.

Take a look during 2015/2016 when the game was costing $50-$60 retail.

PS4 smoked it.

7 hours ago, Remij said:

It also costs $10 more than God of War...

More excuses from butthurt PC gamers.:drake:

He's now downplaying it as a 4 year old game.

Tell me............how many Switch games have you purchased the cartridges so that you can legally own the emulators?

You're stealing games.

You're the AVERAGE pc gamer.

They're not exceptions..............they're almost always the rule.

6 hours ago, Substatic said:

Jerry why did you lie?

Do not lie so often it is bad for the soul.

No, the OP of this thread never mentioned anything more than peak.

So, the comparison is still valid.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

More excuses from butthurt PC gamers.:drake:

He's now downplaying it as a 4 year old game.

Tell me............how many Switch games have you purchased the cartridges so that you can legally own the emulators?

You're stealing games.

You're the AVERAGE pc gamer.

LOL Jerky "bubu PC gamers getting owned, being charged full price for 4 year old PS games"

Also Jerky "bubu PC gamers aren't buying the games!! More excuses!" :tear2: 

:drake: 

I've purchased more Switch carts than you have.. that's for sure.  YOU'RE the pirate here Jerry..  You've already gladly admitted it.  This entire forum knows you're a complete hypocrite.

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

Sold more on PC than whatever it has sold now I meant, not sold more than PS4. That was never going to happen, but it woulf have sold quite well day & date with PS4.

Of course you'd have to actually explain that to him... as if it wasn't obvious what you meant.

18 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL Jerky "bubu PC gamers getting owned, being charged full price for 4 year old PS games"

Also Jerky "bubu PC gamers aren't buying the games!! More excuses!" :tear2: 

:drake: 

I've purchased more Switch carts than you have.. that's for sure.  YOU'RE the pirate here Jerry..  You've already gladly admitted it.  This entire forum knows you're a complete hypocrite.

No, you're the one who is trying to make price an issue.

You wanted the port, you got the port.

You pay premium price for everything else.

Suddenly............you want cheap games?:kaz:

So you are pirating Switch games................and gamecube games..................you are stealing games.

You avoided answering my question. So you are a common PC gamer that's stealing games.

18 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Sold more on PC than whatever it has sold now I meant, not sold more than PS4. That was never going to happen, but it woulf have sold quite well day & date with PS4.

No.

You are wrong.

I just showed you Witcher 3 to prove you wrong.

I love how you just attempted to gloss over that.

17 minutes ago, Remij said:

Of course you'd have to actually explain that to him... as if it wasn't obvious what you meant.

I love how this guy also attempted to gloss over it, as well.........and pretend as if I didn't notice. LOL

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you're the one who is trying to make price an issue.

You wanted the port, you got the port.

You pay premium price for everything else.

Suddenly............you want cheap games?:kaz:

Price is an issue.. idiot.  Pricing has an obvious relation to sales. :lemming: 

I bought the game, clown.  I have no issue with price... but I'm not everyone now am I... :bena: 

durr.png

You laughed at PC gamers for having no choice but to pay full price.... except PC gamers are clearly waiting until it's the price they feel it should be.  LOL So it turns out you were wrong.. again :tom: 

And no sweetie, I have a Switch and Gamecube.  I buy and play games, and also emulate them.  Cry harder :omglol:

25 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.

You are wrong.

I love how this guy also attempted to gloss over it, as well.........and pretend as if I didn't notice. LOL

You didn't show shit :tom: 

First, he never said it would sell better than PS4.... he said it would sell better than it is now.. which is stupidly obvious.

And you showed that out of 3 platforms TW3 sold on, PC sold a 3rd of sales... and Xbox failed to sell :drake: 

PC sold around 3M, PS sold around 4.5M.

Funny thing about that chart you posted.... look at the Switch version.  Hmm... why did it fail to sell anywhere close to the other platforms Jerky?  It was 4 years later.. and most people had already played it :lemming: 

PC day and date versions would sell very well.  Sony knows that.  And as your graph shows, they would sell better over time too.. as prices come down and in turn becomes available for far more markets.

Edited by Remij
57 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.

You are wrong.

You're actually saying that if Spider-man was released on PC the same day that it released on PS4 back in Sptember 2018, that its sales would be = whatever it has sold this past week on PC? :bena:

8 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

You're actually saying that if Spider-man was released on PC the same day that it released on PS4 back in Sptember 2018, that its sales would be = whatever it has sold this past week on PC? :bena:

That's exactly what he's trying to say. 

It was nice of him to post a chart showing Switch pathetically fail to sell units in a game precisely 4 years later too! :rofl: 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Price is an issue.. idiot.

No, it isn't

You don't have any other games to buy on the PC.

You literally have nothing.

You people always resort to stealing.

No, you clearly steal Switch and Gamecube games............too bad you don't actually play the emulators, but then again you don't want to see flickering or stuttering audio glitches for hours on end.

Not anymore than your EXISTING PC ports :kaz:

1 hour ago, Remij said:

You didn't show shit :tom: 

First, he never said it would sell better than PS4

No, he clearly implies that the PC userbase is, at minimum, equal to that of the PS4.

And secondly, the exclusives are as good as they are because they are DESIGNED AS EXCLUSIVES to push the hardware as much as possible.

LOL oh man, look at the moving goalposts

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

It was nice of him to post a chart showing Switch pathetically fail to sell units in a game precisely 4 years later too! :rofl: 

Witcher 3 released on Oct 15th 2019.  That's only 2.5 months of sales of the switch version and it captured 11% of the total 12 month of sales of the game on all platforms.   It actually sold very well. 

Yes if Spiderman released day and date on PC it would sell more than it sold now. 

But

Less PS4 systems would been sold and the extra software sales to launch day 1 on PC wouldn't offset that loss of hardware sales. 

Sony's 1st party games are it's system sellers which get you to purchase the hardware and lock into Sony's platforms ecosystem.

They're not doing day and date with PC.... Keep dreaming kiddos. 

Look at the moving goalposts..........these guys are just shrinking their argument more and more.

I love seeing it happen in real-time

32 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

God of War was already breaking PC sales records.

So yeah.

Simply put, even NOW in the year 2022..............PC gamers still haven't had games of such AAA production quality as PS4 games from 2018.

Oh man...........you're moving your goalposts, and its hilarious.

You tried to be a man and say "PC can equal PS4, bro"

And now you're backing off, like a little btich.

30 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

It makes sense that someone who pays a premium online subscription for 25 year old N64  games thinks late ports should be released at full price :kaz:

LOL he's trying to get out.

And here's his dingleberry to try and assist him:

23 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL they're now trying to talk about the Switch.

They're so butthurt, I'm sending them running over to try and talk about the Switch :kaz:

This chart absolutely MURDERS your argument.

3652673-screen%20shot%202020-04-09%20at%

Witcher 3 was hyped as "this is gonna look great on the PC"

The GTX 970 was the most popular video card, that exploded in sales the previous year. Absolutely perfect for this game.

And PC version got sssssssssssssssssssssssssmoked by PS4 sales, during that launch year.

it wasn't even close. And in 2015, there was............what? like only 25 million PS4 consoles in existence?

That chart is Checkmate.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, he clearly implies that the PC userbase is, at minimum, equal to that of the PS4.

No that's your autism. Lemij understood what I typed. It's like you make up these arguments in your head so you can come back, prove something wrong and then say "got ya" even though they never said it. Then when they try to clarify what they said you act like they're trying to weasel out of something. You clearly misunderstood what I was saying so now I am clarifying it for you, there is no trickery here.

I believe this game would have sold better on PC than it has in the past week if it was released on PC the same day as the original PS4 version back in September 2018.

That's it. There's no trickery this is just a normal human conversation.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And secondly, the exclusives are as good as they are because they are DESIGNED AS EXCLUSIVES to push the hardware as much as possible.

Yes they are designed as exclusives by SONY for the SONY PlayStation line of consoles.

So why are you calling PC second class? No shit it's second class to SONY because SONY want to use their own games to sell their own console hardware - and there's nothing wrong with that it's what keeps PlayStation more valuable than Xbox.

• Haha 1