UK weekly retail charts - TLOU Part 1 takes #1 but sells only half of what Saint's Row did the week before.

Before we start... many caveats:  Only physical releases counted, only a couple days charting, multiple platforms vs single platform, and UK is going through some shit right now.. so a $70USD re-release of an old game likely isn't a luxury many people would bother with in this climate.

Now..

It's still unfortunate, but Sony priced this game simply too high.  TLOU is one of Sony's top franchises.. even being on just one platform their game should easily smoke top spot in UK land.  I understand these production values cost money.. but this should have been released cheaper.. alongside a truly PS5 patched version of TLOU Part 2.

Also, TLOU P1 isn't being bundled with PS5s (afaik) so that means that it's likely not going to get massive bumps when new shipments of consoles come in.

Unfortunate for Sony, but people have to be picky about what they purchase these days.  

Just now, Twinblade said:

Maybe they're planning to release the standalone MP game when the show comes out.

Yea.  Pretty sure the PC version will launch around the time the show starts up, and then after wards they'll release Factions.

Stop being a broke bitch and complaining about the price. I personally haven’t bought it yet because I’m trying to be frugal as I save up money for my new PC build in the next month or two (RTX 4090 or 4080) but it looks like many have. Value is subjective and if ND feels like their work deserves that amount then it is what it is. I may or may not pick it up at that price in the next coming days but it’s doing very well. This is the third release of TLOU and this time it’s only on PS5 and doesn’t have PS4 numbers to lean on. It’s doing very well all things considered, there’s no need to damage control with your thread title lol.

Edited by FIREPOWER
7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

:tom:

:mjpls:  My case is understandable since I don’t know how much the RTX 4090 will cost. My PC could well run into $4000+ so no I’m not being a broke bitch like you clowns complaining about $70. It’s not like I can rent an RTX 4090 like you rent your nephew’s PS5 :cruise:.

If $10 extra is killing your bank account this much that you have to complain in every thread then gaming is probably the wrong hobby for you. 

Edited by FIREPOWER
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mjgrin: It’s #1 on the charts on its third release at full price, so much for a “flop”. I haven’t seen any Xflop game charting this gen, not even Gaylo :hest:

Jesus bro, it barely beat Saint's Row :tom: 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Jesus bro, it barely beat Saint's Row :tom: 

It’s on one platform. How many platforms is Saints Row on :mjgrin:?

Is this what we are doing now? Comparing Sony re-releases to multiplatform game sales?

:mj:How come you never do this with the Flopbox games that don’t chart like Halo and Forza?

5 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

It’s on one platform. How many platforms is Saints Row on :mjgrin:?

Is this what we are doing now? Comparing Sony re-releases to multiplatform game sales?

:mj:How come you never do this with the Flopbox games that don’t chart like Halo and Forza?

I already mentioned that in the OP.

It's fucking Saint's Row dude... vs one of Sony's biggest IPs :cruise: 

UK is also Sony land....  :reg: 

Edited by Remij
11 minutes ago, Remij said:

I already mentioned that in the OP.

It's fucking Saint's Row dude... vs one of Sony's biggest IPs :cruise: 

UK is also Sony land....  :reg: 

:mjpls: One of Sony’s biggest IPs on its third release and limited to a console with shortages with only a few million PS5s sold in the UK.

:hest: How come you weren’t like this with Halo that didn’t chart at all and that’s MS biggest game? Same shit with Forza, MS’ highest rated game and that was never in the top 5 even when it launched lol and that’s on multiple platforms too rofl.

UK may be Sony land but it’s also the only European country where people still give a fuck about LBox and neither Halo nor Forza made it to the top of the charts when they launched and both were cross-gen games available on multiple consoles and PC :mroff:

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mjpls: One of Sony’s biggest IPs on its third release and limited to a console with shortages with only a few million PS5s sold in the UK.

:hest: How come you weren’t like this with Halo that didn’t chart at all and that’s MS biggest game? Same shit with Forza, MS’ highest rated game and that was never in the top 5 even when it launched lol and that’s on multiple platforms too rofl.

UK may be Sony land but it’s also the only European country where people still give a fuck about LBox and neither Halo nor Forza made it to the top of the charts when they launched and both were cross-gen games available on multiple consoles and PC :mroff:

One of Sony's biggest IP... in the land of Sony... when there are no other major AAA titles releasing... :reg: 

LOL limited to a console with shortages.....now you're going with that? LOL.   So what's the excuse for other Sony games doing well then?  What is going to be the excuse when God of War shits on this?

Nevermind, I'll help you....

Bundles.  That's what the difference is.

Why wasn't I like this with Halo?  It's obvious why Halo didn't chart.  UK is Sony land... and Xbox is more digital than anything... and GamePass is obviously going to skew things...

This game wasn't marketed nearly as big or as focused as any other major Sony video game launch.

I didn't know the game was coming out this soon.

When did they announce this?

June 9th with the whole Keighley Summer Games Show? So less than three months between announcement and release.

About 2-3 weeks ago, my Playstation app on my phone had sent me a notification to pre-order God of War Ragnorok. And only last week and a half did it send a notification about TLOU Remake releasing soon.

This will be a consistent seller for them.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Remij said:

One of Sony's biggest IP... in the land of Sony... when there are no other major AAA titles releasing... :reg: 

LOL limited to a console with shortages.....now you're going with that? LOL.   So what's the excuse for other Sony games doing well then?  What is going to be the excuse when God of War shits on this?

Nevermind, I'll help you....

Bundles.  That's what the difference is.

Why wasn't I like this with Halo?  It's obvious why Halo didn't chart.  UK is Sony land... and Xbox is more digital than anything... and GamePass is obviously going to skew things...

:mjgrin: The original game has already sold 20+ million copies. It’s getting released again on the PS5, a console in short supply at a full price. It doesn’t matter how popular the IP is, it’s not gonna do big numbers like a big new release like God of War will. Even with the limited stock of PS5s out there it was still able to beat flops like Gaylo Midfinite and Forza and chart. That’s highly impressive no matter the mental gymnastics you do. I wonder why you don’t have this same energy when Xflop games release and then proceed not to chart on NPD or UK charts :drake: