I hate Hurricane season.

15 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I couldn't imagine living in these places where hurricanes are guaranteed to come at some point :dame: 

The virgin Americans suffering through hurricanes vs the chad Europeans with nothing but gray skies and rain 350 days of the year :banderoos:

• Sad 1
  • NPC 1
12 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I couldn't imagine living in these places where hurricanes are guaranteed to come at some point :dame: 

the trick is to be smart about where you choose to live. i stay far enough west to avoid potential storm surges from the east. i also don't live in a low lying area (you are basically asking for a flood). there are no safety guarantees, unfortunately, especially if a cat 3 or higher directly hits you. however, you can greatly minimize your chances of your home being inhabitable.

Just now, TLHBO said:

The virgin Americans suffering through hurricanes vs the chad Europeans with nothing but gray skies and rain 350 days of the year :banderoos:

shiiii florida man is the toughest man out there. wtf you smoking? lol

1 hour ago, lostfool said:

Mostly dumb people live there.  We all know who they are, CoughRepubscough.  

In my area at least, it's old people, and rednecks. And Donald Trump's house is on an island of rich people not too far from me. So yes Republicans, but it's no big deal

2v9raojxr2r91.jpg

LOL Two million dollars, my ass.

Also, how hard is it to just grab all the games and cases and old consoles, and put them in duffel bags and take them with you?

I'm pretty sure they can go to their local used game store and replenish 98% of 8-bit gaming history, it'll only cost them $3 million dollars, because those assholes always overprice everything.

Also, people who are protected by that National Flood Act, and are guaranteed to get subsidized Flood Insurance protection for their homes that ALWAYS flood.............those people need to fuck off, and that program needs to end.

People need to learn the concept of "you can't build a house here or you'll get financially ruined."

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

2v9raojxr2r91.jpg

LOL Two million dollars, my ass.

Also, how hard is it to just grab all the games and cases and old consoles, and put them in duffel bags and take them with you?

I'm pretty sure they can go to their local used game store and replenish 98% of 8-bit gaming history, it'll only cost them $3 million dollars, because those assholes always overprice everything.

Also, people who are protected by that National Flood Act, and are guaranteed to get subsidized Flood Insurance protection for their homes that ALWAYS flood.............those people need to fuck off, and that program needs to end.

People need to learn the concept of "you can't build a house here or you'll get financially ruined."

There's a region in my province that experience flood EVERY spring when the snow meltdowns and overflow the near rivers, they always act surprised and shit that their basement ends up looking like a swimming pool. Like I'm tired of hearing the same fucking story at the same fucking time every year. 

It always made me wondered, why the hell are people staying there for? :ben: Quebec sure doesn't lack in living space and building anywhere else would be cheaper long term.

Hurricanes and entire states having those issues is something else though. 

14 hours ago, -GD-X said:

shiiii florida man is the toughest man out there. wtf you smoking? lol

Your state looks beautiful no doubt about it but hurricanes, alligators in your backyard and whatever else you got? it ain't worth it man.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Saucer said:

I'm looking at the photos of how green Flordia is compared to the Mad Max brown wasteland of California these days and I'm thinking the humidity and roving meth cannibals might not be so bad.

Florida is a mostly shitty state, but it has a lot of personality - even charm. It’s definitely worth experiencing lol. 

• Like 1