Cosmetic Rewards (Skins) (UP: Sabo gets annihilated)

Do you care/obsess/get fomo from purely cosmetic items?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Essentially the Fortnite model that has taken over so many games.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, now its name ALL the popular games when before it was name A popular game... LMFAO.   Dude you're going beyond Lil' Bitch territory into Lil' fgt territory. Just STFU already.

Bro…a lot of people bought horse armor in oblivion. 

Burger and fries skin for all American games  

5 minutes ago, Sabo said:

You're just doubling down on the stupidity, huh?  

Alright, whatever, keep at it. You ain't convincing anyone. You would save yourself a lot of time and effort if you would just admit you had a brain fart moment and said something dumb.

But nope, you gotta be right over something that is straight up wrong. Have fun jumping through hoops, moron.

Then name all the popular console games with the model prior to Fortnite :tom:

Only time I really enjoyed being rewarded a "skin" was playing Destiny's raids. Not sure why, but it was pretty awesome... been awhile since I've given a shit about doing raids though.

Edited by lynux3
3 hours ago, Sabo said:

Oh, now its name ALL the popular games when before it was name A popular game... LMFAO.

Dude you're going beyond Lil' Bitch territory into Lil' fgt territory. Just STFU already.

Ok, name a popular game on console. You’re running from the fact because Fortnite is the biggest one, and it’s not even close. 

but you’ll keep being a cuck and avoiding so we can move on as it’s not even the point of the thread. The point is why do people get pissed if a company prices a skin at $100000? It’s just a fucking skin. :D 

Edited by ghostz

I'm tired of this. Not only is this model well established but developers have been experimenting with it for years.

Final Fantasy XIV has purchasable cosmetics. It's also the #1 MMO in the world. You have to buy the game and pay for a subscription and it STILL has microtransactions. But since its an MMO it doesn't count, right?

Assassins Creed has purchasable cosmetics. It also purposely bottlenecks you in order to get you to pay for a ton of other microtransactions (the infamous XP gain items for example). AC is a SP focused game that pushes the limits of what developers will do get more money. But hey, who the fuck has heard of AC? Not popular enough, right?

The Sims has purchasable cosmetics. EA is also the biggest scumbag when it comes to microtransactions. The Sims also purposely locks standard features behind a paywall. But lemme guess, The Sims isn't popular enough and its not enough of a "console" game to count, right? Do  I even need to mention EA's other exploitive games and tactics?

Street Fighter 4. The game literally has hundreds of costumes (Over 50 characters who each have at least 4 Costumes, some have much more). Street Fighter 5 has even more costumes than Street Fighter 4. I dare you to try to disregard this one, there's literally guest Street Fighter characters in Fortnite....

I could go on and on but quite frankly you're not worth engaging further in this conversation because it was a stupid conversation to begin with. Fortnite didn't popularize shit, it's just another game that adopted an established business model that's existed for well over a decade.

Now STFU, you lil' fgt.

24 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I'm tired of this. Not only is this model well established but developers have been experimenting with it for years.

Final Fantasy XIV has purchasable cosmetics. It's also the #1 MMO in the world. You have to buy the game and pay for a subscription and it STILL has microtransactions. But since its an MMO it doesn't count, right?

Assassins Creed has purchasable cosmetics. It also purposely bottlenecks you in order to get you to pay for a ton of other microtransactions (the infamous XP gain items for example). AC is a SP focused game that pushes the limits of what developers will do get more money. But hey, who the fuck has heard of AC? Not popular enough, right?

The Sims has purchasable cosmetics. EA is also the biggest scumbag when it comes to microtransactions. The Sims also purposely locks standard features behind a paywall. But lemme guess, The Sims isn't popular enough and its not enough of a "console" game to count, right? Do  I even need to mention EA's other exploitive games and tactics?

Street Fighter 4. The game literally has hundreds of costumes (Over 50 characters who each have at least 4 Costumes, some have much more). Street Fighter 5 has even more costumes than Street Fighter 4. I dare you to try to disregard this one, there's literally guest Street Fighter characters in Fortnite....

I could go on and on but quite frankly you're not worth engaging further in this conversation because it was a stupid conversation to begin with. Fortnite didn't popularize shit, it's just another game that adopted an established business model that's existed for well over a decade.

Now STFU, you lil' fgt.

And yet, none of those lead destiny, halo, and COD jumping on board. Oddly enough, they only did it after Fortnite… just like I said. 

you’re focused on micro transactions, I’m talking about the rotating “limited time” shop which is the main focus of the game, those games had skins… but they weren’t the main point of the game… if you think war zone is around because of the sims 4.. well I understand why your life is the way it is. 

boy, you typed that whole post out just to get owned :cruise:

Edited by ghostz

And now you're trying to change your argument... What a fuckin' surprise.

You have now gone past Lil' Bitch, past Lil' fgt, to Lil' fgt Ass Bitch. You made a dumbass comment that was so outrageously wrong yet you have insisted on trying to force it to be right instead of just saying, " LOL, yeah, I said something dumb. Oops". I legit have absolutely zero respect for your ass.

In short- Find a ditch, get comfortable and rot. You waste of fuckin' air.

6 minutes ago, Sabo said:

You have now gone past Lil' Bitch, past Lil' fgt, to Lil' fgt Ass Bitch. You made a dumbass comment that was so outrageously wrong yet you have insisted on trying to force it to be right instead of just saying, " LOL, yeah, I said something dumb. Oops". I legit have absolutely zero respect for your ass.

Was Destiny F2P because the Sims came out? Did Assasians Creed cause Halo to start charging $20 a skin? Or wait, was it fucking Street Fighter’s success that birthed COD Warzone? 

Do you understand how stupid you sound? :cruise:

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

I’m sorry ghostz but that made me lol.

lmfao ghostz getting demolished :D  this dumbass wouldn't even admit lying to himself

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

And yet, none of those lead destiny, halo, and COD jumping on board. Oddly enough, they only did it after Fortnite… just like I said. 

you’re focused on micro transactions, I’m talking about the rotating “limited time” shop which is the main focus of the game, those games had skins… but they weren’t the main point of the game… if you think war zone is around because of the sims 4.. well I understand why your life is the way it is. 

boy, you typed that whole post out just to get owned :cruise:

It's exactly like sabo said, changing the argument, nobody talked about your "limited time" thingy and I wonder what you mean by it's the main point of the game :D   

maybe you should stop playin fartnight, you dickless cuck, so you don't get angry when all the big bois murk you with their fancy bootey botox and santa heads

34 minutes ago, kaz said:

lmfao ghostz getting demolished :D  this dumbass wouldn't even admit lying to himself

It's exactly like sabo said, changing the argument, nobody talked about your "limited time" thingy and I wonder what you mean by it's the main point of the game :D   

maybe you should stop playin fartnight, you dickless cuck, so you don't get angry when all the big bois murk you with their fancy bootey botox and santa heads

The limited time BS is what Fortnite started, the reason people get fomo, the whole reason for this thread :D 

god damn y’all are getting dropped like FLIES :juggle:

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to Cosmetic Rewards (Skins) (UP: Sabo gets annihilated)

Fortnite popularized the FOMO method?

Seriously, motherfucker?

You honestly think Fortnite

popularized Limited Time Events? LMFAO.

Are you going for the world record for the most amount of dumbass takes one can make in a single thread?

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Fortnite popularized the FOMO method?

Seriously, motherfucker?

You honestly think Fortnite

popularized Limited Time Events? LMFAO.

Are you going for the world record for the most amount of dumbass takes one can make in a single thread?

As the most popular game in the model, yes you dumb ass. :D 

If you think Fortnite has no influence… :kaz:

“Overwatch 2 only exists because of assasians creed!!!1 :lemming:

Edited by ghostz

One of the most disgusting franchises when it comes to paid DLC costumes is Dead or Alive. DOA6 is fucking insane. t was a full price release mind you, not some F2P. 

Dead or Alive 6 has $670 of DLC, and a new $90 season pass

Lmao, that's old data. Looking on the steam page there is 463 piece of DLC. :killzone: 

Edited by Ramza