even with most of the bugs fixed, cyberpunk is bad

Finally finished Cyberpunk and man this game sucks. Across the board there's nothing the game does well.

It's an fps with bad guns and bad encounter design

It's an rpg but i barely unlocked 10% of the skill tree by the end.

It's a AAAA next-gen blockbuster, but the graphics can look really bad 

It's an open world with no exploration

And the story sucks. Id say it doesn't pay off, but that gives it too much credit. Theres not even set up for a payoff.

Don't let the controversy around bugs distract from the fact that cyberpunk is just a bad game.

I still want the game we were promised in like 2014, but maybe CDPR aren't the team to make it. Everything good about Cyberpunk is better in the Deus Ex reboot.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Upvote 1

You don't need to compare it to Deus Ex. Witcher 3 storyline and quests are much better than anything in Cyberpunk. That makes it a flop to me, because if there's one thing I expect to be really good it's the story and universe lore building. I didn't get that from my time with 2077, granted I never got that far into the game but far enough to know it doesn't to the same RPG standards of Witcher 3. 

for every bad word I hear about this MASTERPIECE from others the urge for a 3rd playthrough increases. It is without a doubt THE BEST GAME EVER MADE :gasp: :blessed:  GODPUNK  :wow: :wow2: 

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You don't need to compare it to Deus Ex. Witcher 3 storyline and quests are much better than anything in Cyberpunk. That makes it a flop to me, because if there's one thing I expect to be really good it's the story and universe lore building. I didn't get that from my time with 2077, granted I never got that far into the game but far enough to know it doesn't to the same RPG standards of Witcher 3. 

oof, I'm tired of dissecting stuff like this so I make it short: It's not the quality of the main story, the lore, world building or sides, it's the way they are presented and I said this many times: 

Witcher 3 does it better because it comes and feels naturally as you progress (you go to a village, do some stuff, talk, side quest time initiate inbetween main story etc.

GODpunk turns into a:"Well, what am I gonna do next"-kinda game, which is obviously worse. I would prefer hubs like deus ex too. 

The content though is amazing, the main story is kind of short but truly well made and I have only respect for CDPR to have the BALLS to stick to theme right until the end. 

Plus the real side quests are kinda missable if you just play through the game and don't interact with the people that want stuff from you. (And no; gigs and NCPD/Investigations are NOT the side quests, it's filler, but even those have something good to offer, it's always some context to it, most are boring but some are actually good. you know the tablet syou can read and all)

oh, that wasn't short at all but whatever :ben:  I understand though, if you not feeling the world, the music and the intro, it might be hard to get further. But I honestly think Night City is easily the best game world EVER.

Just now, kaz said:

for every bad word I hear about this MASTERPIECE from others the urge for a 3rd playthrough increases. It is without a doubt THE BEST GAME EVER MADE :gasp: :blessed:  GODPUNK  :wow: :wow2: 

Go play FO4 so we can talk about it and humiliate Todd Howard for being such an idiot. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Go play FO4 so we can talk about it and humiliate Todd Howard for being such an idiot. 

I just called Todd a faggget idiot when I was talking to Spicoli about Starfield and how they will fuck it up because they don't spent time on the writing, character design, skills etc. :D 

I truly hope i'm wrong though, a sci-fi open world like new vegas would be bomb and my dream :mjcry: 

Edited by kaz
1 minute ago, kaz said:

oof, I'm tired of dissecting stuff like this so I make it short: It's not the quality of the main story, the lore, world building or sides, it's the way they are presented and I said this many times: 

Witcher 3 does it better because it comes and feels naturally as you progress (you go to a village, do some stuff, talk, side quest time initiate inbetween main story etc.

GODpunk turns into a:"Well, what am I gonna do next"-kinda game, which is obviously worse. I would prefer hubs like deus ex too. 

The content though is amazing, the main story is kind of short but truly well made and I have only respect for CDPR to have the BALLS to stick to theme right until the end. 

Plus the real side quests are kinda missable if you just play through the game and don't interact with the people that want stuff from you. (And no; gigs and NCPD/Investigations are NOT the side quests, it's filler, but even those have something good to offer, it's always some context to it, most are boring but some are actually good. you know the tablet syou can read and all)

oh, that wasn't short at all but whatever :ben:  I understand though, if you not feeling the world, the music and the intro, it might be hard to get further. But I honestly think Night City is easily the best game world EVER.

I think it's a shitty universe with the most generic take on Cyberpunk ever. Witcher is amazing at being the complete opposite of typical medieval fantasy tropes. Cyberpunk is just cyberpunk, not a unique idea in sight. 

7 minutes ago, kaz said:

I just called Todd a faggget idiot when I was talking to Spicoli about Starfield and how they will fuck it up because they don't spent time on the writing, character design, skills etc. :D 

I truly hope i'm wrong though, a sci-fi open world like new vegas would be bomb and my dream :mjcry: 

Their writers sucks. In FO4 defense though the main story is actually interesting. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it does enough twists and turns to be cool and somewhat captivating. And how it ties in with the other factions is also cool. This is an improvement over FO3 main story stuff, I'll you that much. 

But I don't want to derail the thread any further. 

The open world spaces and the sidewalks are the one thing that takes me out of the immersion. Its almost as if the game was designed with the driving first, and then getting out to walk, second.

Deus Ex games, well if you think about it they're funny because those levels have no roads for automobiles, yet we're supposed be in Detroit, of all places. LOL.

I think they've gotten to a point in the Witcher in which they can create alot of NPCs that have some character, and in this game alot of NPCs don't have that.

I don't want to get into shootouts, because I like to think that I will get rewarded more like I do in Deus Ex, but also because I don't particularly enjoy the shootouts.

• NPC 1

honestly?

FUCK YOU ALL

in this thread

GODpunk is the best game ever made 

I haven't seen ONE legit complaint to prove me otherwise. tryhard fgts lmfao. 

• Geese 1
  • aitch 1
25 minutes ago, kaz said:

honestly?

FUCK YOU ALL

in this thread

GODpunk is the best game ever made 

I haven't seen ONE legit complaint to prove me otherwise. tryhard fgts lmfao. 

You might have to forgive some of them, they may have played it on console. 

• Like 1

I think it's a good game especially on PC after modding it. My only issue is the lack of content and things to do after beating the game.

I wanna go back and seriously do another playthrough but the lack of New Game+ is bothering me. I don't wanna grind and unlock all my abilities from scratch again. I hope the updates next year address these issues I'm having with the game.

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

I think it's a good game especially on PC after modding it. My only issue is the lack of content and things to do after beating the game.

I wanna go back and seriously do another playthrough but the lack of New Game+ is bothering me. I don't wanna grind and unlock all my abilities from scratch again. I hope the updates next year address these issues I'm having with the game.

IT DOESN'T LACK CONTENT FFS