FTC Seeks to Block Microsoft Corp.’s Acquisition of Activision Blizzard, Inc.

:hest:  Bots were assuring us that this deal would go through smoothly and unimpeded.

:mroff: At the end of the day, it looks like this deal is getting blocked because of Microsoft's greed. They took Zenimax's games away from PlayStation despite assurances they wouldn't and that's why FTC is on their asses now. If they had only left the games alone like how Sony did with Bungie's games, they wouldn't be in this mess right now. Their lies and bullshit are what's sinking the deal.  The only people that can't see it are the retarded lemshits that defend them everyday on this this forum and the internet.

00061FD4-5BEB-43C4-8B76-07F9862A7D38.jpeg.b2c06d80f55854a0219cf9584d24105b.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I took a look at Reeetardera for the first time in years, and all I can say is holy shit there's no way some of these clowns aren't planted there by Microsoft :dead2:

They're cheerleading a multi-trillion dollar corporation in its fight against the evil FTC. I thought most of them roleplayed as Communists? the current thing is to pretend you're cheering for the sake of the employees and unions, not because you want your favourite plastic box to sell more. Microsoft fanboys are a blight on the planet.

Edited by TLHBO
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I took a look at Reeetardera for the first time in years, and all I can say is holy shit there's no way some of these clowns aren't planted there by Microsoft :dead2:

They're cheerleading a multi-trillion dollar corporation in its fight against the evil FTC. I thought most of them roleplayed as Communists? the current thing is to pretend you're cheering for the sake of the employees and unions, not because you want your favourite plastic box to sell more. Microsoft fanboys are a blight on the planet.

That's why I left that place years ago. I noticed when the astroturfers and corporate cheerleaders joined the forum.

Suddenly, you couldn't criticize Microsoft's incompetence without getting a warning from a mod.

It became an echo chamber of clowns and corporate dick suckers swooning over every word from Phil's mouth. That's when I knew the place wasn't for me.

I'm gonna peep in there now to see the meltdowns going on :mroff:

They didn't file a preliminary injunction.. MS has by far the better case and the FTC knows this, which is probably why they didn't file.  Probably hoping for other concessions or some hail mary evidence comes into play that they can use to help their case by the time August rolls around.

It all hangs on the EU and UK anyway.  FTC's decision today could cause them to block though.. which seems likely now.

Edited by Remij
3 hours ago, Remij said:

They didn't file a preliminary injunction.. MS has by far the better case and the FTC knows this, which is probably why they didn't file.  Probably hoping for other concessions or some hail mary evidence comes into play that they can use to help their case by the time August rolls around.

It all hangs on the EU and UK anyway.  FTC's decision today could cause them to block though.. which seems likely now.

Hopefully. They should go further and dismantle Microsoft.

12 hours ago, jehurey said:

It really is amazing that there are people who don't remember Microsoft and their reputation from the 90's.

Especially people on social media sites actually ROOTING for Microsoft. They must be under 25 years old.

You would hope so but then you see all the idiots that are 40+ or thereabouts like Deeno, Jonb and more.

Microsoft and Apple have effectively created and trained a private army of cheerleaders and cocksuckers just by marketing alone. We're at the point now that marketing and press releases should be more heavily regulated since it basically brainwashes a significant portion of the general public into becoming religious zealots.

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

This will still likely go through as the FTC won't have much to go on with an antitrust suit if MS is signing contracts to bring COD to even more platforms than before. 

Sony is likely going to want regulators to push to not have certain games on GamePass.

Notably CoD. That is has to be sold in the same manner on all platforms, equally.

This will absolutely piss off Microsoft, because they want to set the price at $70 on other platforms, and then "get it on Gamepass starting at $10".

But if they can't put it on GamePass, then there is no reason to even own the IP as anything more than just an investment.