The more I think about it, the more I realize MS doesn't need to have a strong first party

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I basically played 2 PS5 games this year: Horizon Forbidden West and GoW Ragnarok

I played quite a few more Gamepass games than that, including several PC/Xbox only games (Grounded and Immortality)

Add in the fact that both of the PS5 games I played are basically touched up PS4 games that you don't even need a PS5 to play.

So if you think about it, MS is offering more with Gamepass than what Sony is offering with PS5.

That's YOU.  Your anecdotal situation doesn't reflect what the entire market wants. 

And as the Data shows the market wants high quality first party content... Hence why Switch and PS5 are breaking records left and right. 

It also doesn't reflect the manufactures stance. 

MS didn't purchase those studios for shits and giggles. They purchased them to have content in the long run. They're currently battling to purchase Activision... All this is because they know thwle current model of baying billions on a constant basis to prop up gamepass is not a sustainable model. 

They need the first party content for gamepass to be a viable model in the long run because it's still currently the loss leader. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Like 1
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone needs good exclusives wtf.

game pass subscribers after going through hundreds of hours of average games to get to one decent game    

who needs first party AAAs when you have Fourn, disapPentiment, and High on Cringe  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

That's YOU.  Your anecdotal situation doesn't reflect what the entire market wants. 

And as the Data shows the market wants high quality first party content... Hence why Switch and PS5 are breaking records left and right. 

It also doesn't reflect the manufactures stance. 

MS didn't purchase those studios for shits and giggles. They purchased them to have content in the long run. They're currently battling to purchase Activision... All this is because they know thwle current model of baying billions on a constant basis to prop up gamepass is not a sustainable model. 

They need the first party content for gamepass to be a viable model in the long run because it's still currently the loss leader. 

LMAO Gouki MAD because someone told him they've played more GP games this year than exclusive Sony games :hest: 

The only game you NEED a PS5 for so far... is fucking Ratshit... excuse me while I LMFAO :lawl: 

48 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMAO Gouki MAD because someone told him they've played more GP games this year than exclusive Sony games :hest: 

The only game you NEED a PS5 for so far... is fucking Ratshit... excuse me while I LMFAO :lawl: 

Cool story bro.  MS first two years have been seller and this no MS first party games for 2022 is the way to go moving forward. 

Twinblade is right... MS doesn't need first party content. :leo:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Cool story bro.  MS first two years have been seller and this no MS first party games for 2022 is the way to go moving forward. 

Twinblade is right... MS doesn't need first party content. :leo:

Stay mad that he enjoyed more GamePass games than PS exclusives this year bro :shrug: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Stay mad that he enjoyed more GamePass games than PS exclusives this year bro :shrug: 

Twinblade did, so that means MS made the right call. 

Hopefully they replicate 2022 in 2023, at least Twinblade will be happy :juggle:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This thread really ruffled some feathers. Its not my fault I got more enjoyment from Gamepass than Sony's PS5 games this year.

Watch out.. if you do that a few more times you'll see how quickly certain people on this forum will turn on you and accuse you of being a Twinlemming :reg: 

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im referring entirely to PC Gamepass btw. I don't even own a Series X :hest:

That never mattered.  I've never owned a Series X.. and don't have any Xbox console (anymore) either.

If you defend MS in any way, shape, or form.. you're a filthy lemming. :reg: 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

This thread really ruffled some feathers. Its not my fault I got more enjoyment from Gamepass than Sony's PS5 games this year.

Playstation also has a Gamepass service. You're weighing Gamepass with a dearth of exclusives to PS exclusives alone. It makes no sense to do this.

PlayStation Plus Premium and Extra games for December:

• Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • Ben 10: Power Trip (PS4, PS5, added December 20th 2022)
  • Evil Genius 2 (PS4, PS5, added December 20th 2022)
  • Far Cry 5 (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • Far Cry New Dawn (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • Far Cry Primal (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • Gigantosaurus The Game (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • Judgment (PS4, PS5, added December 20th 2022)
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • Mortal Shell (PS4, PS5, added December 20th 2022)
  • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • The Escapists 2 (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • The Pedestrian (PS4, PS5, added December 20th 2022)
  • Worms W.M.D (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • WWE 2K22 (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (PS4, added December 20th 2022)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4, PS5, added December 20th 2022)

• Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (added September 20th, 2022)
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Assetto Corza Competizione
  • Balan Wonderworld
  • Ben 10: Power Trip (added December 20th 2022)
  • Bugsnax (added August 16th, 2022)
  • Chorus (added November 15th, 2022)
  • Control: Ultimate Edition
  • CrisTales
  • Death Stranding Director's Cut
  • Deliver Us the Moon
  • Dead by Daylight (added August 16th, 2022)
  • Deathloop (added September 20th, 2022)
  • Demon's Souls
  • Destruction AllStars
  • Evil Genius 2 (added December 20th 2022)
  • Foreclosed
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade (added July 19th, 2022)
  • Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
  • Ghostrunner
  • GreedFall
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Heavenly Bodies (PS4 and PS5, PS Plus Essential - add to library between 1st November and 5th December 2022)
  • Human: Fall Flat
  • I Am Dead
  • Judgment (added December 20th 2022)
  • KeyWe
  • Kona
  • Last Stop
  • Lawn Mowing Simulator
  • Maneater
  • Marvel's Avengers (added July 19th, 2022)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Metro Exodus (added August 16th, 2022)
  • Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 5 (added September 20th, 2022)
  • Monster Truck Championship
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Mortal Shell (added December 20th 2022)
  • MXGP 2021 - The Official Motocross Videogame
  • NBA 2K22
  • Nioh 2 / Nioh 2 Remastered (PS Plus Essential - add to library between 1st November and 5th December 2022)
  • Observer: System Redux
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm – Enhanced Edition (added November 15th, 2022)
  • Override 2: Super Mech League
  • Returnal
  • Ride 4
  • Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition (added July 19th, 2022)
  • Tennis World Tour 2 - Complete Edition
  • The Artful Escape
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Special Edition (added November 15th, 2022)
  • The Gardens Between (added November 15th, 2022)
  • The Medium (added October 18th, 2022)
  • The Pedestrian (added December 20th 2022)
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (added November 15th, 2022)
  • Tour de France 2021
  • Warhammer: Choasbane Slayer Edition
  • Werewolf: The Apocalyse - Earthbound
  • WRC 10 FIA World Rally Championship
  • Wreckfest
  • Wytchwood
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (added December 20th 2022)

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

Playstation also has a Gamepass service. You're weighing Gamepass with a dearth of exclusives to PS exclusives alone. It makes no sense to do this.

Uhh no. A bunch of random old games including many released years ago isn't remotely comparable to gamepass :D 

- Grounded

- Tinykin

- Immortality

- Return to Monkey Island

- A Plague Tale Requiem

- Scorn

- Signalis

- Pentiment

- Warhammer 40K Darktide

- Chained Echoes

- High on Life

These are all brand new games released in the last few months that were available day 1 on gamepass. Please tell me which PS+ tier lets me play them?

• dead 1

this dumbass really is mad that God of War got all of those awards and praise.

that he thinks a complately lackluster year of GamePass with A Plague's Tale as the only thing.............is better than exclusives.

What an idiot:hest:Plague's Tale franchise is nothing more than B-tier, and it will never be anything more than that. Forgotten game franchise 3 years from now.

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You’re in the minority. Even MS admits their situation is dire and that’s why the wanna buy Activision. They are getting completely ass-raped by Sony and Nintendo in sales exactly because the mass market doesn’t approve of this shitty model. Phil’s face here alone tells it all.

FjgWUMiXEAEJGqU.jpg.f94fa65534dfbfaf09cfdf842b53d6ad.jpg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jehurey said:

this dumbass really is mad that God of War got all of those awards and praise.

that he thinks a complately lackluster year of GamePass with A Plague's Tale as the only thing.............is better than exclusives.

What an idiot:hest:Plague's Tale franchise is nothing more than B-tier, and it will never be anything more than that. Forgotten game franchise 3 years from now.

First off, A Plague Tale Requiem received more GOTY nominations than the majority of Triple A games released this year.

31 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He was proud of GamePass because A Plain Ole Ass Tale was the best thing to be on the service this year, which is why he's defending it.

Secondly, Gamepass also had other smaller bangers like Immortality, Signalis, Tinykin, Pentiment, and Return to Monkey Island. And most of those games have also found spots on many people's GOTY lists.

Many people wouldn't have even bothered playing those games if not for Gamepass. Hell, Signalis, Tinykin, and Pentiment got almost no attention until after they were released and people gave them a try BECAUSE of Gamepass.

To try and downplay what the service offers for just $10 a month ($1 a lot of the time if you're not a frequent subscriber) is just ridiculous.