McCarthy's bid for House speaker enters second day after failed votes.

Live updates: McCarthy's bid for House speaker enters second day after failed votes (nbcnews.com)

• The House resumed on Wednesday, conducting a fourth fifth and sixth round of voting for speaker. Each time, Rep. Kevin McCarthy of California again came up short of 218 votes, the number he likely needs to secure the job.
  • The House held three votes Tuesday that deadlocked as hard-liners in the Republican caucus refused to back McCarthy for speaker.
  • McCarthy's Republican critics, led by Reps. Matt Gaetz of Florida and Andy Biggs of Arizona, have vowed to continue to oppose him for speaker, and in three votes Tuesday showed no signs of relenting. They have rallied around Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, who has said he doesn't want the job. Democrats continue to vote unanimously for Rep. Hakeem Jeffries of New York.
  • The last time a speaker election went to multiple ballots was in 1923.

After the disastrous mid-terms (apparently fake culture wars was a shitty strategy) the Republicans are somehow even a bigger laughing stock. We know they are bad at governing but lmao. What a shitshow of a party. 

Edited by Substatic
  • Substatic changed the title to McCarthy's bid for House speaker enters second day after failed votes.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're retarded. This country's agriculture depends on them, and that's just to start. At the end of the day since they don't actually have any rights they usually a net benefit to the country. 

But but the advocates and activists say forcing them into treatment would be harmful!! 😨   Letting them rot on the street is much more compassionate . 

America is an empire in a free fall decline, with division in its populace and a culture centered around degeneracy and consumption and no traditional family unit to keep it together. And no political

This is what happens when you cater to the QAnon loons for 6 years... Now they think they deserve committee seats just because... And they're going to stall this shit and drag it out because they're not getting what they want..... 

Republicans in disarray :drake:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

This is what happens when you cater to the QAnon loons for 6 years... Now they think they deserve committee seats just because... And they're going to stall this shit and drag it out because they're not getting what they want..... 

Republicans in disarray :drake:

I see all the conservatives actively posting in the nothing-burger threads and having to try their best to avoid literally the biggest news story (this House vote) in US right now which is quite literally historic and a first. And WILL be in history/social studies books.

@Twinblade @Ramza @bhytre 

Your party/ideology is trash and it can't govern.

Edited by Substatic

Why the fuck should I care about an establishment Republican like McCarthy being speaker of the house or not, or the in fighting between establishment Republicans and 'MAGA' republicans? 

As a Canadian, I give zero fucks. Enjoy the shit show.

14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Why the fuck should I care about an establishment Republican like McCarthy being speaker of the house or not, or the in fighting between establishment Republicans and 'MAGA' republicans? 

As a Canadian, I give zero fucks. Enjoy the shit show.

Ohhh all of a sudden now that republicans continue to embarrass themselves you don't care about American politics.  How convenient. 

Could have sworn you were making threads about American politics "the most divisive speech ever" 

Speaking of the speech.. Its strange how you somehow couldn't differentiate between a regular republican and the MAGA clown republicans when you were speaking about Biden's speech. 

Yet somehow today you all of a sudden know the difference between the two of them... Interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Ohhh all of a sudden now that republicans continue to embarrass themselves you don't care about American politics.  How convenient. 

Could have sworn you were making threads about American politics "the most divisive speech ever" 

Speaking of the speech.. Its strange how you somehow couldn't differentiate between a regular republican and the MAGA clown republicans when you were speaking about Biden's speech. 

Yet somehow today you all of a sudden know the difference between the two of them... Interesting. 

The more I know about the current GOP, the less I like them. 

Biden was demonizing MAGA voters. Not elected officials. Amazing how you're still butthurt about a divisive speech. Lmfao. 

Just now, Ramza said:

The more I know about the current GOP, the less I like them. 

Biden was demonizing MAGA voters. Not elected officials. Amazing how you're still butthurt about a divisive speech. Lmfao. 

You're just proving my point. 

You did care and do care... I brought up the speech to show that you do care about American politics... Don't pull that you don't care because you're Canadian Bullshit. 

You're finally starting to realize what a fucking fraud the GOP is and that they have duped all of you low information suckers. :umad:

Hey retard in the speech he said he worked with tons of regular Republicans to get legislation passed and that its the MAGA extremists republicans that are a threat to progress and the Nation. 

Your dumbass thinks Biden worked with voters to get bills passed? It's obvious to anyone with a brain that he is talking about POLITICIANS you dumb cunt. 

So as I said... Its funny how all of a sudden you know the difference between establishment republicans and MAGA Republicans when for some reason you couldn't before when talking about the speech. 

It's beautiful how America keeps crumbling down to irrelevancy with its shit show of politics :glad:  

Keep sending Ukraine money while your streets are filled with miles of homeless druggies sleeping in tents :tom: 

9 minutes ago, bhytre said:

It's beautiful how America keeps crumbling down to irrelevancy with its shit show of politics :glad:  

Keep sending Ukraine money while your streets are filled with miles of homeless druggies sleeping in tents :tom: 

Nah that just the republicans imploding... 

As far as funding.. Luckily America isn't a third world shit hole like where you're from and we can afford to both Assist Ukraine and take care of home. 

America is about to be the world leader in chip manufacturing after Billions have been invested to bring that manufacturing back to the US. 

America's infrastructure got trillions invested in it and projects to rebuild and build new roads, bridges tunnels, modernize the entire infrastructure including fiber optics across the country etc are starting all over the country. 

Car manufacturering of both EVs and Traditional cars have also returned after billions invested into these markets. 

All thanks to the Biden Administration :salute:

Shit your back water  poor country ass down :umad:

26 minutes ago, bhytre said:

But but the advocates and activists say forcing them into treatment would be harmful!! 😨

Letting them rot on the street is much more compassionate . 

Edited by Cooke
  • dead 1
22 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You're just proving my point. 

You did care and do care... I brought up the speech to show that you do care about American politics... Don't pull that you don't care because you're Canadian Bullshit. 

You're finally starting to realize what a fucking fraud the GOP is and that they have duped all of you low information suckers. :umad:

Hey retard in the speech he said he worked with tons of regular Republicans to get legislation passed and that its the MAGA extremists republicans that are a threat to progress and the Nation. 

Your dumbass thinks Biden worked with voters to get bills passed? It's obvious to anyone with a brain that he is talking about POLITICIANS you dumb cunt. 

So as I said... Its funny how all of a sudden you know the difference between establishment republicans and MAGA Republicans when for some reason you couldn't before when talking about the speech. 

It was thrown at the MAGA voting base at large. 

Rofl, elected officials being a threat to democracy. You Americans are dumb as fuck. 

5 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Keep the delusional positivity up as your money keeps being worth less and less while the American money printer works overtime, I'm sure it will end well at some point :tom5:

I mean all the chip manufacturers are building the factories as we speak. 

The bridges and tunnels etc are also being built etc as we speak. 

The Cars are being manufactured here in the US as we speak. 

Facts over feelings snowflake :umad: 

8 minutes ago, Cooke said:

But but the advocates and activists say forcing them into treatment would be harmful!! 😨

Letting them rot on the street is much more compassionate . 

lmfao, slava Ukraini! :rofl: 

Edited by bhytre
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

It was thrown at the MAGA voting base at large. 

Rofl, elected officials being a threat to democracy. You Americans are dumb as fuck. 

Nah remember when you said it was for all republicans?   Now today you know the difference.... How interesting :umad:

When the said elected officials are inciting insurrections, claiming the election was a fraud after he lost, attacked his own VP, tried to steal an election by submitting fake electors, tried to stop the peaceful transfer of power to the new administration etc. 

Yes that's a threat to democracy. 

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

As far as funding.. Luckily America isn't a third world shit hole like where you're from and we can afford to both Assist Ukraine and take care of home. 

:kaz: This dumb ass American think Belgium is worse than shit hole USA.