Bought some rare games with the intent of reselling them at a profit in the future.

Shin Megami Tensei V - Fall of Man Premium Edition

Shin Megami Tensei V - Fall of Man Premium Edition - Nintendo Switch : Amazon.ca: Video Games

AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative - Collector's Edition (Switch)

AI: The Somnium Files nirvanA Initiative - Collector's Edition - Nintendo Switch: nintendo_switch: Video Games - Amazon.ca

Garou: Mark of the Wolves - Limited Run Games (PS4)

Limited Run #354: GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES (PS4) – Limited Run Games

I went to a local shop, the links are just there for information, I didn't pay those prices.

Obviously, I have zero intention of ever playing them and I am keeping them sealed.

@Goukosan

I guess I did end up buying SMTV in the end. Fucking ironic, I know. :kaz: 

21 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

I’ve never really collected or sold games. What’s the most you’ve earned from a game?

I do still have the entire 1-151 or whatever in Pokémon cards. I’d imagine all together they’re maybe worth $500. :ben:

Sold Chrono Trigger for roughly $350. 

Sold Suikoden 2 for roughly $375.

Hard to say how much I paid for them originally. CT was a full price game but it was also a birthday gift so free, I guess. I think I got Suikoden 2 for $30 at a used games store. lol

I don't know shit about Pokemon but I would assume ONE rare card out of the bunch is probably worth a few hundreds $ by itself. 

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

you made a mistake buying a LRG game. Given the recent controversy I doubt anything from them is going to be worth much. 

That will be completely forgotten and irrelevant by the time I sell this game.

And if the company would eventually shut down because of this, that's even better. Products of defunct companies always gets a price boost. 

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Sold Chrono Trigger for roughly $350. 

Sold Suikoden 2 for roughly $375.

Hard to say how much I paid for them originally. CT was a full price game but it was also a birthday gift so free, I guess. I think I got Suikoden 2 for $30 at a used games store. lol

I don't know shit about Pokemon but I would assume ONE rare card out of the bunch is probably worth a few hundreds $ by itself. 

Dang! Solid returns. 

and yeah, idk. I should look them up one day. They were from ages like 10-15 or so I don’t really remember. I have like 2-3 of each as well and they’ve all been preserved very well. I also have like 5,000 nfl cards from the 90s. I should really check those out. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Dang! Solid returns. 

and yeah, idk. I should look them up one day. They were from ages like 10-15 or so I don’t really remember. I have like 2-3 of each as well and they’ve all been preserved very well. I also have like 5,000 nfl cards from the 90s. I should really check those out. 

You should, one man's trash is another man's treasure. 

Like I was checking the store earlier and it has stuff from all consoles that has ever been released. It's a really cool place. I saw so many games that I owned back in the days, that I sold for cheap that are now worth more than full price games.

Every time I visit that store I'm just filled with regret of loss opportunities. So nowadays, I threat everything I buy with care just in case. You never know.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

If I buy games, I would collect but play them too.

If I were to unseal them I don't think I would be making a profit. 

But yeah, it's not like I never play the physical games I bought. Haha. The stuff I keep sealed are exceptional, or I simply never played them. 

Some guy by me bought a house and was clearing it out, he sold me over 100 boxes of model airplanes for £200, I put them all straight on ebay and sold them all for about £2000. I didn't have much idea what I was looking at, but some of them were huge, it was very fucking obvious they were worth more than £2 each. By about a factor of 10 actually. 

I paid my wife £60 for helping me list it all. :kaz:

Edited by Cell
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

you made a mistake buying a LRG game. Given the recent controversy I doubt anything from them is going to be worth much. 

^This, shouldn't have thrown your money at a morally bankrupt company they will ptobably use it to push more child grooming at local libraries.

This thread actually reminded me of this dude who I follow on youtube that has the most unique side hustle i've heard of. The guy basically looks for abandoned storage units or ones that are being auctioned off for some reason, and buys up their contents from the company/owner. Apparently people sometimes leave behind really valuable stuff including even antiques and he's been able to make a nice profit as a result of selling that stuff.

In one of them he even managed to find a bunch of unopened old games that I imagine ended up being worth a lot of money.

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This thread actually reminded me of this dude who I follow on youtube that has the most unique side hustle i've heard of. The guy basically looks for abandoned storage units or ones that are being auctioned off for some reason, and buys up their contents from the company/owner. Apparently people sometimes leave behind really valuable stuff including even antiques and he's been able to make a nice profit as a result of selling that stuff.

In one of them he even managed to find a bunch of unopened old games that I imagine ended up being worth a lot of money.

that side hustle was so unique, there were multiple reality shows based on it.....about ten years ago

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Clearly not a popular topic, because i've never heard anyone reference something like this before IRL.

Its literally created a series of spin off shows, and its own genre.

m_cropbox&ver=1

It was quite popular amongst people who watch reality shows. And I don't even watch reality tv shows.

I decided on buying two copies of Danganropa Decandance like over a year ago.

Because I saw physical copies of those Danganropa games were quite high.

And so I bought a regular copy, and then I bought the collector's edition, which I still have sealed. I'll hold onto it, for a while.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Shin Megami Tensei V - Fall of Man Premium Edition

Shin Megami Tensei V - Fall of Man Premium Edition - Nintendo Switch : Amazon.ca: Video Games

AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative - Collector's Edition (Switch)

AI: The Somnium Files nirvanA Initiative - Collector's Edition - Nintendo Switch: nintendo_switch: Video Games - Amazon.ca

Garou: Mark of the Wolves - Limited Run Games (PS4)

Limited Run #354: GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES (PS4) – Limited Run Games

I went to a local shop, the links are just there for information, I didn't pay those prices.

Obviously, I have zero intention of ever playing them and I am keeping them sealed.

@Goukosan

I guess I did end up buying SMTV in the end. Fucking ironic, I know. :kaz: 

That's how much SMTV is selling for now on Switch?  Damn it...should have kept my copy instead traded it in after playing it.