BREAKING NEWS: UK regulator suggests removing Call of Duty from Microsoft’s Activision Blizzard acquisition (TLHBFR!!!)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

which would be a dead giveaway that Microsoft was clearly trying to buy Activision because they were planning on doing anti-competitive things with Call of Duty.   You're pretty much catchin

Yep, I feel this deal would have had a better chance to go through unimpeded if MS weren't completely dogshit at competing against Sony.   They've been in the business for more than two deca

Posted Images

Just now, Jerrys Hair Line said:

With things you own :mj:

Your endless meltdowns won't stop the Activision deal from getting blocked Ghostz. Stay on topic :hest:

My PS5 and PC will forever continue to rape you and live in your nightmares and there's nothing you can do about it because you're a broke bitch that can't afford either  :aitch:

IMG_6092.thumb.JPEG.3dc1e480a35cb423cee0ae71675f60e9.JPEGIMG_6077.thumb.JPEG.dac7df1ecfa0070f9f9f48b1fda68b29.JPEG

2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Your endless meltdowns won't stop the Activision deal from getting blocked Ghostz. Stay on topic :hest:

My PS5 and PC will forever continue to rape you and live in your nightmares and there's nothing you can do about it because you're a broke bitch that can't afford either  :aitch:

IMG_6092.thumb.JPEG.3dc1e480a35cb423cee0ae71675f60e9.JPEGIMG_6077.thumb.JPEG.dac7df1ecfa0070f9f9f48b1fda68b29.JPEG

He can’t post any other pics because his nephew stayed home from school today and won’t let him use them again :kaz:

8 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Indeed. 

CMA and the FTC saw right through Microsoft's bullshit and they made the right call. With the FTC, MS can still challenge their decisions in court but with CMA they can't do shit.

If MS doesn't agree to the terms of CMA's findings they are fucked and CMA will sink the deal. Either way Sony, Nvidia, and Google are probably popping bottles of champagne now :aitch:

Usually these agencies put corporate freedom above the public interest. The problem with Xbox is it's just a worse Playstation that doesn't offer anything different. Letting these deals go through (imo the Bethesda acquisition was more painful) just fractures the market with no upside to consumers.

3 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Usually these agencies put corporate freedom above the public interest. The problem with Xbox is it's just a worse Playstation that doesn't offer anything different. Letting these deals go through (imo the Bethesda acquisition was more painful) just fractures the market with no upside to consumers.

Yep, I feel this deal would have had a better chance to go through unimpeded if MS weren't completely dogshit at competing against Sony.

They've been in the business for more than two decades now and they've just completely sucked especially in Europe. Look at what they did with Halo infinite their biggest IP.

All MS' fuckups over the years probably weighed into the CMA's findings. 

:mj: It also doesn't help that the retard called Phil Spencer was running his mouth before the Bathesda acquisition about how they had no intention to keep Bathesda's games exclusive and then he turned around and made all Bathesda games exclusive after they bought Bathesda.

Found this circulating on Twitter :kaz:....

A99SRab.jpg.c42c271508e2a9504d92ac4a7a4d6612.jpg

:lawl:I made a few changes of my own to it.......

98066223_ghostzraped.jpg.23e6a0df1dcd04a310128ac1a0469ebe.jpg

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl: Ghostz = RAPED!!!

• Haha 1
  • dead 1

Lemmings' cult following Phil Spencer is detached from reality. All the mother fucker's moves are to cancel original games and use MS' corporate warchest to buy IPs which are practically institutions (Minecraft, Elder Scrolls, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty). He has no original ideas. His next move will be to buy GTA.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Lemmings' cult following Phil Spencer is detached from reality. All the mother fucker's moves are to cancel original games and use MS' corporate warchest to buy IPs which are practically institutions (Minecraft, Elder Scrolls, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty). He has no original ideas. His next move will be to buy GTA.

CMA will block him even harder and faster if they try to go after GTA seeing as it's a bigger title than even COD.

I think Phil will get fired if this deal doesn't go through and MS will probably try to sell Xbox off or go full third party. There's a reason they bet the entire farm on this deal going through, and all of MS' leadership has been everywhere trying to convince all the regulatory bodies to give this deal a chance. I really believe MS sees buying Activision and putting all its games especially COD on GamePass as their last resort. I think investors are running out of patience with the money pit that is Xbox, and Phil and Nadella came up with this plan to appease them. I can't see Xbox going on for much longer without this acquisition and COD in GP.

50 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

It would be better for everyone if Xbox quit the industry than MS buys up the biggest publishers.

We're really not losing anything if Xbox throws in the towel.

i bet you if this Activision deal falls apart........you will start seeing some news coming out that Microsoft is looking to get out of gaming.

When Microsoft is resorting to their most infamous business tactic, which is "try to buy out the competition to corner an entire market", and they have been blocked from doing that tactic, then they have no ideas left.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

LMFAO:ANYWORD:

LOL this guy thought that the EU thing doesn't stop what happens in America.

Goes to show how little he knows about business.:hest:

He's going to be using USB-C connectors because of something the EU ruled on.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i bet you if this Activision deal falls apart........you will start seeing some news coming out that Microsoft is looking to get out of gaming.

When Microsoft is resorting to their most infamous business tactic, which is "try to buy out the competition to corner an entire market", and they have been blocked from doing that tactic, then they have no ideas left.

Yep, they triedthe same tactics with Windows Phones and Mixer just before they dumped them.

Anyone remember them buying out Ninja to from twitch to come stream exclusively on Mixer? After that shit didn't work out they shut down Mixer. I can definitely see the same happening with Xbox.

They will go full third party or shut down Xbox if CMA doesn't blocks the deal completely.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL this guy thought that the EU thing doesn't stop what happens in America.

Goes to show how little he knows about business.:hest:

He's going to be using USB-C connectors because of something the EU ruled on.

The guy is a complete retard. No surprise there :kaz:

2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

The guy is a complete retard. No surprise there :kaz:

"I have no concerns........they will close the deal in the US, even if they don't close it in the EU"

Somebody actually said that.

And its somebody who has CLAIMED that "they know business."

:lawl:

• dead 1
5 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

I’ll LMFAO if this deal fails and MS buys 10 years of exclusivity for COD :kaz:

Cows better hope it goes through. :juggle:

:sabu: Shows how much of a retard you truly are. 

:mj: You really think they’ll be in a position to buy anything with almost 70% of the COD fanbase on Playstation ? Activision is going to come running back to Sony as soon as this deal flops. Bobby Kotick is already crying on the news that Sony isn’t answering his calls LMFAO!

Edited by FIREPOWER
Just now, FIREPOWER said:

:sabu: Shows how much of a retard you truly are. 

:mj: You really think they’ll be in a position to buy anything with almost 70% of the COD fanbase on Playstation ? Activision is going to come running back to Sony as soon as this deal flips. Bobby Kotick is already crying on the news that Sony isn’t answering his calls LMFAO!

Ask yourself who has more money and the question should be answered for you :umad: