[Digital Foundry] Metroid Prime Remastered - An Essential Buy For Nintendo Switch

8 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I'm getting 30 these sheep wish it wasn't true.

Post of vid of how ir runs on your deck... 

Because of all the videos I've seen like the one Jehurey pasted it runs sub 30fps, with broken graphics and tons of glitches. 

You must have a magic deck with a version of the game you patched yourself :umad:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blah blah blah.  No wonder nobody invites you to parties.  

New steam deck exclusive visor   

This kid is demanding video when he won't even prove he's got hair  

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I'm getting 30 these sheep wish it wasn't true.

Yeah, but it’s not a smooth 60. I think what makes the Prime remaster quite a looker on the Switch is its mix of effects/polygon formation and the 60 fps. 

It's one thing to perfectly emulate SNES or GBA game from 20 years ago, it's another thing to brag about new releases that are emulated so poorly that they are in an unplayable state. 

THHBFR like the filthy plebeian thieves they are. 

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's one thing to perfectly emulate SNES or GBA game from 20 years ago, it's another thing to brag about new releases that are emulated so poorly that they are in an unplayable state. 

It's playable, and there are more powerful PCs than the Deck :|

1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

It's playable, and there are more powerful PCs than the Deck :|

Burden of proof is on you, pal. Show me Metroid Prime Remastered running perfectly on PC, I'll wait.

19 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I never understood hermits bragging about playing poorly emulated Switch games with game breaking glitches, missing effects, inconsistent frame rates, constant crashes etc and this is even after you spent 2 hrs tinkering with the settings just for the game to boot up. 

Such ownage right? Lol

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

a souped up gamecube  game and its still 900p with no AA. i guess i shouldn’t be surprised 

The lack of AA is only apparent on certain inorganic metallic structures... For the rest of the game, the other 98% its not an issue. 

only really noticeable in metallic, artificial structures

You know it's a Banger when that's the best critique you could come up with :juggle:

58 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

This kid is demanding video when he won't even prove he's got hair :mj:

:mj:

Oh man, that thread has became a refugee camp for butthurt losers who are running away from.

Did he just say he's getting 30fps playing Metroid Prime on the Deck?:mjgrin:

28 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I never understood hermits bragging about playing poorly emulated Switch games with game breaking glitches, missing effects, inconsistent frame rates, constant crashes etc and this is even after you spent 2 hrs tinkering with the settings just for the game to boot up. 

Such ownage right? Lol

Can you imagine sitting there and playing a game for hours, while textures are flickering and audio is skipping.

We KNOW for a fact they don't actually sit there and subject themselves to that.

They just mess around with the game for about 20 minutes, and then come on here and boast about being fucking thieves.:hest:

45 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

a souped up gamecube  game and its still 900p with no AA. i guess i shouldn’t be surprised 

Wtf its actually 900p? :killzone: But they said 1080p!

Nintendo actually lied? Or is the df guy wrong? Man there really is no reason to be excited for this. 900p and switch quality fumblesticks. They should have held the remaster back for the next system.

10 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Shader stutter

you say it like as if you're used to it, when using your Steam Deck :hest:

after you steal a game and spend your time loading up both the emulator and the game, all so that you can end up with stutters.

do you have any self-respect?:ben:

44 minutes ago, jehurey said:

you say it like as if you're used to it, when using your Steam Deck :hest:

after you steal a game and spend your time loading up both the emulator and the game, all so that you can end up with stutters.

do you have any self-respect?:ben:

You're getting dyked up about a retro remake for a retro console. It's all you have to cling to.